josh3p3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hurt shoulder benching how serious and how should i recover?

The other day while just regular bench pressing i felt a pain in my shoulder and a little bit of the bicep region....I thought it was nothing so i rested and iced for a couple of days but now everytime i start to bench i get a pain there....i can lift my shoulder perfectly fine but when i start rotating it i get a pain in my arm.....does any body know what happened and what the cause of this???? Also how should i recover?
    Any help would be appreciated thank you!

Buick55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buick55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buick55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buick55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buick55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buick55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buick55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buick55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buick55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buick55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buick55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the same pain for a while. Went to the doctor and he said it was bursitis. I took sometime off from lifting and did a lot of rotator cuff exercises to tighten up the smaller muscles in the shoulder. The pain seemed to go away after about two months. I did a chest workout though and it flared right back up with the same pain. I am seeing a physical therapist for my blown out knee and he rotated my shoulder and thinks it might be a torn labrum though. I am going to see the ortho doc to figure out what it really is. My advice would be take some time off, at least a month and do some rotator cuff exercises to strengthen those muscles. Then start back with light weights to see if it comes back. If it does go visit the doc. I still had full range of motion and strength and kept working through the pain, but it kept getting worse. So take it easy.

TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bench right...? Next time, don't have your back flat and you won't injure yourself. Take the time to learn form, and you should be right.

But I would go see the doctor. No use in trying to workout and hurting yourself even further.
    "Giving your best is more important than being the best."

I train as an athlete, not a bodybuilder.

REPS for SUBS.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125690683

FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the same thing going on. I'm actually 4 weeks recovering from a dislocated shoulder. But I was having the pain in the front of arm/shoulder area still. The doctor couldn't say exactly what it was(maybe something deep inside from dislocation,or swelling still there from injury, etc) Anyway, I started on 800mgs of IB Profen 3 times a day and icing a few times a day. That knocked it right out. Just my opinion...I think you have some kind of swelling, whether it be bursitis or bicep tendonitis. Take the the IB Profen and ice. IB Profen is different from tylanol(sp?) because IB Profen/Advil has anti-inflammitory agents in it. This would be in addition to resting it for a time while it heals. I'm not a doctor but I don't think it would be a torn labrum because you didn't experience a trauma to it (like being tackled or falling). just my opinion from my experience. Good luck!

scottaii is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottaii is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottaii is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottaii is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottaii is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottaii is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottaii is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottaii is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottaii is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottaii is on a distinguished road. (+10) scottaii is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by josh3p3 View Post
    The other day while just regular bench pressing i felt a pain in my shoulder and a little bit of the bicep region....I thought it was nothing so i rested and iced for a couple of days but now everytime i start to bench i get a pain there....i can lift my shoulder perfectly fine but when i start rotating it i get a pain in my arm.....does any body know what happened and what the cause of this???? Also how should i recover?
    Any help would be appreciated thank you!
    Yo dude,

I've got a similar problem atm, luckly (for me) i dont have a pain in my bicep.
    I did it when performing a benchPress, When i took the bar off the stands, i left i 'twinge' in my right shoulder. Next day started hurting when moving my shoulder in a particular way.
    So i stopped listing stright away, been about 2 weeks now and its better, im taking NSAID's (ibuprofen) and rotating my shoulder every now and again to get some bloody flowing (nurse told me to do these).

Im never going to lift the bar off the stands again. Im always going to ask a spotter to lift the weight from the stands then pass to me.

You're problem sounds worse, all i can suggest is to be taking regular NSAID's (dont go over the recommened dose though!) and plenty of rest.

As i was told, 1 step backwards can mean 2 steps forwards.
    - Sc
    Clean bulking to 185.... here I go

www.egyfitness.com Finnegan Bell's Avatar
    Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000)
    When you feel pain in the bicep region ,then the bicep tendon maybe involved. The bicep tendon also passes through the shoulders so thats why you feel pain in both. If it doesn't resolve with rest or NSAID visit a doctor.