UKJim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what should I buy

Im 300 lb's and im currently just starting out alongside sorting some debts so I can buy some home gym equipment.
    I only have some dumbells and don't want to join the gym.

so what equipment would you advise I buy whilst I have some free money and theres an offer on?

barbell and weights? york bench? some supplement that I've never heard of :P

I dont drink a lot of water so maybe some tasty g-fuel flavour that'll keep me drinking

adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What I'd suggest is picking a program and then seeing what you may need for that. Potentially based on the exercises and your current strength, you may be able to use your DBs for a bit and add equipment as you progress. Or if you pick a program and are already beyond being challenged with your DBs, you could look into adding.

For example, if you start with a 3 day full body program and aren't challenged by your current DBs, then you may want to get a bench, BB, and plate set. I'm a big fan of adding when needed instead of buying a bunch of stuff only to find you aren't ready just yet or you got things you don't need.

As for supplements, I'd focus on dialing in your diet first before adding those. Supplements are just that, supplements to fill in where you are lacking. They won't replace or fix current eating habits. I'd look at the nutrition stickies and figure out your calorie needs/macros and get the basics down first.

Good luck!
    Online Training and Nutrition Coach
    www.AccidentalFitnessQuest.com

Have a training or nutrition question? PM me or ask me on FB: www.********.com/AccidentalFitnessQuest

UKJim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by adriannec View Post
    What I'd suggest is picking a program and then seeing what you may need for that. Potentially based on the exercises and your current strength, you may be able to use your DBs for a bit and add equipment as you progress. Or if you pick a program and are already beyond being challenged with your DBs, you could look into adding.

For example, if you start with a 3 day full body program and aren't challenged by your current DBs, then you may want to get a bench, BB, and plate set. I'm a big fan of adding when needed instead of buying a bunch of stuff only to find you aren't ready just yet or you got things you don't need.

As for supplements, I'd focus on dialing in your diet first before adding those. Supplements are just that, supplements to fill in where you are lacking. They won't replace or fix current eating habits. I'd look at the nutrition stickies and figure out your calorie needs/macros and get the basics down first.

Good luck!
    thanks, I think I may look into a barbell and plate set I don't really need a bench just yet and a barbell will help with compound exercises.

adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I got an olympic BB set with plates for a pretty low cost. You can easily use something like that for a program like All Pro's Beginner Program. You can add then bench and possibly a rack at some point.
    Online Training and Nutrition Coach
    www.AccidentalFitnessQuest.com

Have a training or nutrition question? PM me or ask me on FB: www.********.com/AccidentalFitnessQuest