HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

stalling on bill starr, expirenced ones, help me!

Not to worry im not actually plateauing, just this week ive missed my military press rep targets.

I was supposed to do 73kg (160lbs) for 5 last week (top set) and only did 4, and this week i only did 4 again and my mindset was the same, I gave it my all

What could be wrong?

Ive been listening alot to mike mentzers seminar on mp3... could it be possible im not recovering as well as i should be? To test this, Im going to skip shoulders next week (even though 5x5 should be followed exactly as written) and see if it makes any difference...

if it does, and I complete the 5 reps, Im probably going to run into trouble for the following week again...

Any advice? I've been on the routine since mid last year (with a few months cutting) and really enjoying it... im keen to try mike menzters HIT, but want to milk bill starr for all hes got (no homo)

also, its bugging me, as i set the do-able goal of 83kgs to progress steadily too... would a change in exercise benefit me perhaps?

Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000) Fluster is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Reset the lift and carry on.
    Koyongi: I am going to accomplish this by following a haphazard training system, and forging elite fitness.

thebear217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebear217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebear217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebear217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebear217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebear217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebear217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebear217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebear217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebear217 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thebear217 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Military press is rarely going to keep up with other lifts progress for a similar amount of time. I've found doing a high incline bench sorta gives you the best of both worlds in that your military should improve along with it but you'll find it easier to make consistent progress.

Using inclines for a while then switching to military till you stall and going back to inclines has worked well for me. If your using inclines purely for training your military then try keep the grip you use for both lifts fairly similar.
    Disregard abs, acquire mass.

ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do yourself a favor and don't ever do Mike Mentzers HIT. If you really want to try HIT do it like Dorian Yates did it, there are a few of his seminars posted in the IFBB section that you should check out... Maybe I shouldn't be saying such things in the powerlifting section though.

clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Fluster View Post
    Reset the lift and carry on.
    the mouse is right

shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10) shadowspar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    what i noticed does the best for me is this. you got to do 5 reps no leg drive/bounce, but i only get 3 and no way im going to get 2 more, so i bend my knees and push back up giving me a boost to get the last 2 reps, next week try to get at least 4 without boosting, and so on. by the 3rd week you should be able to do 5.
    best gym lifts best competition lifts
    squat 405 390
    bench 265 240
    deadlift 475 475

bsmit208 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bsmit208 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bsmit208 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bsmit208 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bsmit208 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by shadowspar View Post
    what i noticed does the best for me is this. you got to do 5 reps no leg drive/bounce, but i only get 3 and no way im going to get 2 more, so i bend my knees and push back up giving me a boost to get the last 2 reps, next week try to get at least 4 without boosting, and so on. by the 3rd week you should be able to do 5.
    Sounds like a good concept may try that next time i Stall

Also i found doing JM press strengthend my triceps to a degree that my military press could raise from the new found tricep strength

HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HITsoldier has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    fantastic advice, thankyou all

I'm also going to take some more rest days and see if this makes a difference...