ironmanryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmanryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmanryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmanryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmanryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmanryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

protein after weights or after cardio

ok simple question i workout lift and then do cardio should i drink my shake right after weights? or after the cardio? ive been doing it after my cardio, jw if this is the best way

lift_heavy20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lift_heavy20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lift_heavy20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lift_heavy20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lift_heavy20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lift_heavy20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lift_heavy20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lift_heavy20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lift_heavy20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lift_heavy20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) lift_heavy20 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    after cardio.

ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10) ChampX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do after cardio. If your concerned about being catabolic doing PWO cardio, try some Xtend or other intraworkout BCAA supp.

ironmanryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmanryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmanryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmanryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmanryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ironmanryan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ChampX View Post
    I do after cardio. If your concerned about being catabolic doing PWO cardio, try some Xtend or other intraworkout BCAA supp.
    i take n.o explode is that good enuff to keep me from being catabolic? i think taking n.o AND intra will overdo it a litte bit.? i duno tho what u think?

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're preworkout nutrition is in check, you can wait till you get home to have your postworkout meal. There's no window or any other bullcrap like that. Think about it. If you ate a meal of carbs and protein and hour or two before you began lifting, your body is gonna be digesting that meal during your workout and after your workout. That preworkout meal eliminates the need for rushing to get your shake right after you step off of the treadmill.

Read this in regards to shakes and how they're more thermogenic than food: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=122454201
    1708 total @220 Raw
    Improve my total every time I step on the platform.

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

Photo in Avi is not current, I'm way fatter now.

-TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000)
    I take mine after weights, before cardio

Originally Posted by zmcdole View Post
    If you're preworkout nutrition is in check, you can wait till you get home to have your postworkout meal. There's no window or any other bullcrap like that. Think about it. If you ate a meal of carbs and protein and hour or two before you began lifting, your body is gonna be digesting that meal during your workout and after your workout. That preworkout meal eliminates the need for rushing to get your shake right after you step off of the treadmill.

Read this in regards to shakes and how they're more thermogenic than food:
    interesting read, but i feel weak just going on liquid, also your body burns calories breaking down food, so the calories burnt heating up the liquid would probably be fairly the same? i duno have u tried this?
    train like a freak

fight like you train, train like you fight...

henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henh2o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    after cardio cause ull barf out ur protein shake lol =D

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ironmanryan View Post
    interesting read, but i feel weak just going on liquid, also your body burns calories breaking down food, so the calories burnt heating up the liquid would probably be fairly the same? i duno have u tried this?
    I would eat a whole food meal a few hours preworkout. Like I said though a whole food meal preworkout may be a better choice if you feel weak on a shake. I personally think thats all in your head since calories are calories. I don't know how many calories that your body burns breaking down food. Make sure you're taking in carbs preworkout. I would recommend taking in slower digesting carbs such as oats, brown rice, or whole grains. Some people have a tendency to crash on faster digesting carb sources.
    1708 total @220 Raw

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

Originally Posted by zmcdole View Post
    I would eat a whole food meal a few hours preworkout. Like I said though a whole food meal preworkout may be a better choice if you feel weak on a shake. I personally think thats all in your head since calories are calories. I don't know how many calories that your body burns breaking down food. Make sure you're taking in carbs preworkout. I would recommend taking in slower digesting carbs such as oats, brown rice, or whole grains. Some people have a tendency to crash on faster digesting carb sources.
    my prework meal is pretty solid for me i eat oatmeal with milk about an hour pre workout 2hours before i get hungry during my workout witch i hate, so i get lots of carbs. pre workout im happy with
    train like a freak

fight like you train, train like you fight...

Originally Posted by ironmanryan View Post
    my prework meal is pretty solid for me i eat oatmeal with milk about an hour pre workout 2hours before i get hungry during my workout witch i hate, so i get lots of carbs. pre workout im happy with
    You should throw some protein in with that as well. You could add some whey or eat some meat.
    1708 total @220 Raw

Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think im pretty spot on with my diet now, With regards to some of the posts on this thread.
    Pre workout I have half a fresh grapefruit...8 raw egg whites/1 whole egg mixed with a little orange juice...50 gram of porridge oats....ill do my weights, Then cardio and follow that up with a whey protein shake and a banana.

The eggs grapefruit and porridge can keep me going for a good 2-3 hours in the gym if need be..

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Daywalker75 View Post
    I think im pretty spot on with my diet now, With regards to some of the posts on this thread.
    Pre workout I have half a fresh grapefruit...8 raw egg whites/1 whole egg mixed with a little orange juice...50 gram of porridge oats....ill do my weights, Then cardio and follow that up with a whey protein shake and a banana.

The eggs grapefruit and porridge can keep me going for a good 2-3 hours in the gym if need be..
    You're spending too much time in the gym.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daywalker75 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by th3pwn3r View Post
    You're spending too much time in the gym.
    My typical workout can last up to two hours...when I say that can keep me going for 2 or 3 is because after my weights and cardio session I will usually hit the sauna and steam room for at least 30-40 mins...I drink my shake right before I jump in the sauna.

A chest shoulders and tricep workout can easily last up to an hour and 20 mins followed by a 30 min cardio session.

BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoyAdd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    after weights but I save a tad for post cardio
    My cutting log:
    -----------------------------------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=513460853#post513460853