LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

How to strengthen wrists

my left wrist is terribly weak what are some good exercises to build wrist strength?

budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10) budershank is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wrist curls and reverse wrist curls

Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Here are a couple of my routines for Hand/Wrist/ and Forearms

Grip & Forearm Training is one of my favorite Workouts...You have to be careful and really listen to your body as the muscles and tendons involved are extrememly small and can be overtrained very easily. These two workouts have been extremely successful for me over the past couple years;
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________

Workout #1
    Side Levers (3" thick PVC Pipe with weight fitted at 1 side) or a sledgehammer

Simply rotate the Sledge 180 degrees so the weight is on the other end for 1 rep.

3 Sets 12 Reps

Front Levers

3 Sets 12 Reps

Plate Wrist Curls (Try using 2 plates flush side out for the width)

3 Sets 10-12 Reps

Reverse Curls (Thumbs out)
    Side Hammers (Thumbs out)
    Front Hammers
    Standing barbell wrist curls in front
    Reverse Wrist Curls

^^^3 Sets 6-8 Reps^^^
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Workout #2
    (1 1/4" thick Rope, 10' long, hooked to a pulley at lowest level with you seated on the floor, 10' back from the pully) Work the rope in slowly and back slowly raising and lowering the stack of weights...never letting the weights touch...

Rope Pulls elbows out, hand over hand, palms down
    Rope Pulls elbows touching, palms facing each other
    Rope Pulls elbows out, hand over hand, palms up

5 Sets x 5 Reps

This would be considered elbows out, palms up

Plate Pinch (Use Min 3 plates for the width)

Plate Toss
    DB Toss (Silver DB's standing on end)

^^^Super Set these two running 4 sets 15 reps each hand^^^

Turn the DB on its side ( I use the stainless steel rounded ones, then with one hand, toss it up on its end and attempt to catch it with the other hand.

Plate toss - Pinch the top of the plate and toss it in the air catching it with your opposite hand.

Rope Pull-Ups or Towel Pull-ups

3 Sets 10 Reps

2 Hand DB Preacher Hammer Curls.

The Db is turned on its side so you can hold the OUTSIDE of the weights. This only works with HEX DB's or Rbber DB's as the steel plated ones don't allow your hands to grab around them. Either have your hands on the outside of the HEX DB's or pinch the outside plates of the Rubber DB. The rubber ones I find are a lot better for this exercise because you really have to pinch the weight to complete the rep.

I use the rubber ones becasue it concentrates on your fingers more. Simply do a 2-hand Preacher Curl, but only holding the outside of the weight, your forced to apply pressure sideways to hold the weight in which attacks the upper part of your wrist, at the top of the rep, the weight is attacking your thumb and at the bottom of the rep, the weight is attacking your fingers...

4 Sets 8 Reps
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Every so often I will throw in Captain of Crush Grippers, maybe once every 10 days..

Slow and controled Reps...you are not trying to get 100 reps from any grippers...this will result in an injury...
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

You can effectively hit the forearms by training hands and wrist also. I find that is the only way to strengthen and grow the entire forearm...Ensure to only train hand and wrist once every 4 days to begin with until you can handle it or you will find yourself overtraining...I directly and indirectly train my forearms everyday...Using ropes is an ideal way of tackling all of these areas with great results especially your grip strength

MY NEW FAVORITE FOREARM EXERCISE

Standing Rolling Thunder Wrist Curls

Grab a rolling thunder,

Hook it to a cable machine with the stack at the top...pull the rolling thunder down into your chest and hold your elbow steady with your opposite hand...now proceed with your wrist curls

Another Exercise you can add to your routine to mix things up is;

Close Grip Tennis Ball Pull-ups.
    Simply place a tennis ball in each hand, place them in your palms and also on the bar you are completeing the pull-ups. Your weight will dent the ball enough to keep contact with the ball, simply cup your hand around the ball and complete your pullups...This is awesome for your wrists.

Some grip training you can do at home

1. Fill a bucket full of sand...put 1 hand in and turn the sand in a clockwise fasion, then reverse....

2. Take two towels in the bathtub and soak them...then wring them both out at the same time working from top to bottom.

3. Steak Knife Push-ups...place two chairs in front of you which of rounded legs (not squared) get into the push up position with the two chairs side by side in front of you....(so you can grab the two outter legs with your hands)...place your hands on the outer legs roughly 6" up from the ground....begin your push-ups...(THESE ARE EXTREMEMLY HARD)

4. Flat board chin-ups, If you have stairs in your house, hang off the floor the is above the stairwell opeing with your fingers straight out for pullups

5. Hang a rope from a tree in your back yard, if no trees, use your patio...try climbing rope for sets...

6. By a small peice of a plank used on staging at the hardware store...start using a screwdriver and some screws and turn the screws in to the board and out for sets....

7. Sledgehammer lever lifts...using a sledge, place your arm on your leg and rotate the head of the hammer from one side to the other SLOWLY for each hand...the farther out the head, the more tension on your hand and wrist..I stress the word SLOWLY
    These should work fine without any equipment
    USPlabs Sponsored Athlete
    http://usplabsdirect.com/

In order to win...you must first learn how to lose...

C.O.C. Grippers #1 - CLOSED
    C.O.C. Grippers #2 - CLOSED

My Training Journal -
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110517591

lmaestro is not very helpful. (-500) lmaestro is not very helpful. (-500) lmaestro is not very helpful. (-500) lmaestro is not very helpful. (-500) lmaestro is not very helpful. (-500) lmaestro is not very helpful. (-500) lmaestro is not very helpful. (-500) lmaestro is not very helpful. (-500) lmaestro is not very helpful. (-500) lmaestro is not very helpful. (-500) lmaestro is not very helpful. (-500)
    Wrap a towel on a dumbbell handle and do curls.

saas1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saas1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saas1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) saas1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LastAffliction View Post
    my left wrist is terribly weak what are some good exercises to build wrist strength?

one handed pull ups

ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Armbender View Post

...... etc ......

These should work fine without any equipment
    Excellent post! Repped!

Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000) Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000) Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000) Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000) Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000) Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000) Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000) Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000) Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000) Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000) Bluerex is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ProTec View Post
    Excellent post! Repped!
    I agree, I am going to have to give a couple of those a try

rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000) rezstyle is just really nice. (+1000)

lol, couldn't resist

switch hands while flappin'

LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LastAffliction is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Thank you for the post armbender, all those will do my wrist good.

Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jrahe42 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Armbender View Post
    I wanna arm wrestle you (srs)

(not srs)
    but really great post. Took a few things out of it so i can train forearms at home.
    Towel Pull ups
    Pinch plates
    Climbing rope
    bucket of sand
    Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130703993

00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 00200293 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rezstyle View Post
    switch hands while flappin'
    or double grip

Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jrahe42 View Post
    I wanna arm wrestle you (srs)

(not srs)
    but really great post. Took a few things out of it so i can train forearms at home.
    Towel Pull ups
    Pinch plates
    Climbing rope
    bucket of sand
    thks man...good luck with everything...
    USPlabs Sponsored Athlete
    http://usplabsdirect.com/

In order to win...you must first learn how to lose...

C.O.C. Grippers #1 - CLOSED
    C.O.C. Grippers #2 - CLOSED

My Training Journal -
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110517591