douglasmkent99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Starting new diet critique please SERIOUSLY NEED HELP

I know this is probably not the best food choices but its consisting of higher protein lower carbs and lower fat... while trying to satisfy taste and sanity LOL. All meats will be cooked on the goerge foreman for convienve purposes. And im not sure how to break up this into meals throughout the day right now this is just a general run down of caloric and protein intake for the day. Im a good person for followin routines so breaking this shouldnt be a problem also since my motivation level is at max.

To start im a 21 year old who started my fit lifestyle change at 240 pounds 5 foot 9 ish... My goal is as much lean muscle at 185 pounds as possible. Im planning on entering the military into spec ops so being in shape is a must. Just by changing my diet to all healthy non fried food calories and moderate exercise I have lost 35 pounds in a few months. Now im adding weight training and 1hr cardio to my everyday routine. I know that building muscle and loosing fat is near impossible for some people but I have seen it done. Im not looking to get huge or anything but strength and endurance gains are my goal now along with weight loss.

According to the BMR calculator I used my BMR is around 2076 calories

All calorie and protein totals are the amounts of food combined not individual
    Calorie total 1810 Protein 238 grams not that worried about carbs

total food intake is
    2 protein shakes 200 calories 46 grams protein
    2 whole eggs and 12 egg whites 340 calories 55.8 grams protein
    2 packs of low sugar oamteal 240 calories 8 grams protein
    1 smores chewy granola bar 100 calories 1 gram protein
    16 oz grilled chicken breast 480 calories 96 grams protein
    4 oz of 93% lean ground beef 170 caloties 24 grams protein
    8 oz skim milk 80 calories 8 grams protein

I also plan on filling in any hunger craving between meals with negative calorie foods such as oranges grapefruit celery cucumbers and lettuce

Any input posotive and negative will help

Flex3d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex3d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex3d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex3d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex3d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex3d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex3d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex3d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex3d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex3d has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex3d has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Should be good to go. Some people might say 1800 calories / day is too low. But in reality it depends on the person.

Myself I started cutting at 1800-2000 calories / day (at 234 lbs) now I am down to 202.4lbs and taking in 1800-2000 calories / day still (still losing the same amount of weight / week as I added cardio in)

Whats your weight training routine gonna look like?? Also what is your 1hour of cardio / day going to consist of?? If your doing so much cardio I would actually say to raise your calories by quite a bit.

If your just starting with doing cardio I would suggest perhaps walking for the first few weeks (depending on the person - I know when I weighed 234lbs I would get shin splints insanely easy... walking past 4mph I would get them quickly. I only get them now if I sprint.

My cardio is typicaly an hour on the stationary bike but the last 2 days i did a 4 mph walk on the treadmil. typicaly i burn around 600 calories according to the machines im on. My weight lifting routine consists of upper body and lower body every other day. im doing squats and deads and leg press on lower days with a few mor machines thrown in there. upper body day conists or mostly free weights and bench press...

bump

BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by douglasmkent99 View Post
    I also plan on filling in any hunger craving between meals with negative calorie foods such as oranges grapefruit celery cucumbers and lettuce

Any input posotive and negative will help
    what is this? Strong broscience.
    Last edited by PathOhLife; 02-17-2010 at 12:20 AM.
    "Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas Edison

negative calorie foods... google it there foods that you burn more calories digesting that you intake from the actual food... they do exist oranges lettuce celery can theres a few more

BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodyControl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by douglasmkent99 View Post
    negative calorie foods... google it there foods that you burn more calories digesting that you intake from the actual food... they do exist oranges lettuce celery can theres a few more
    haha no they don't man. It's a myth/broscience. Even eating celery would give you positive calories.
    I wouldn't trust anyone that says otherwise.
    "Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas Edison