Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile how the heck can you women bicep curl that much weight?

wow i have read of some women on here that can bicep curl like 50 lbs...wow...i can only do like 20lbs lol so i can hit the 10 rep...holy gees...i can't wait to get there...

maybe i should check to see if it's more like 20kg cause it's kind of embarassing

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There's a big difference in curling 20# dumbbells and 20# barbell. Those that can curl 50# are talking about bb. It's not as hard to get there as you think

mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommyof5boys will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    oh ok so i lift 20lbs dumbells...not sure if it's weak but i tried 30 lbs dumbells and thought if i tried my arm would break off at my elbow lol

treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10) treener is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mommyof5boys View Post
    oh ok so i lift 20lbs dumbells...not sure if it's weak but i tried 30 lbs dumbells and thought if i tried my arm would break off at my elbow lol
    I'm the same as you. I've slowly started 25lbs....

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How do they do it? Progressive resistance after continuous training for years (with enough calories to fuel it) We all started at a low weight at one time, the difference is that the girls (and guys) who can push heavy iron have kept at it. Too many women don't push themselves (or feed themselves), LOL!

mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    How do they do it? Progressive resistance after continuous training for years (with enough calories to fuel it) We all started at a low weight at one time, the difference is that the girls (and guys) who can push heavy iron have kept at it. Too many women don't push themselves (or feed themselves), LOL!
    I have to agree with you completely... so many women in the gym tell me they workout "HARD"... they have no clue. I made my wife my full time training partner 2 years ago....what she considered hard back then compared to know is totally different.

In 2 years she went from a 130lb women who did alot of cardio and barely had any muscle... to 162lbs (right now) with top 4 abs already in, and a contest weight of 140lbs @ 7% BF... when she does bicept curls, she will go up to the 35lb dumbells for reps of 10.

Now I am by no means saying all women don't truly push themselves very hard, I can think of a few on this website that truly push themselves to their limits...i.e. kimm, powerbars, dungeon mistress, etc.... but I would say IN GENERAL most women dont know what its like to train more like a male.

The amazing part is, when they get this crazy idea out of their head of doing hours and hours of cardio and making weights a secondary thought...and move to primarily training with heavy weights and secondarly cardio....their bodyfat always goes way down.
    I do not sugar coat things, but you got in the condition you're in by "sugar coating."

Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lyd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mavrick77 View Post
    I have to agree with you completely... so many women in the gym tell me they workout "HARD"... they have no clue. I made my wife my full time training partner 2 years ago....what she considered hard back then compared to know is totally different.

Now I am by no means saying all women don't truly push themselves very hard, I can think of a few on this website that truly push themselves to their limits...i.e. kimm, powerbars, dungeon mistress, etc.... but I would say IN GENERAL most women dont know what its like to train more like a male.

The amazing part is, when they get this crazy idea out of their head of doing hours and hours of cardio and making weights a secondary thought...and move to primarily training with heavy weights and secondarly cardio....their bodyfat always goes way down.
    Listen to this guy!!!!!!!!!! When I see a woman in the gym who can complete a set without even looking like it was any effort at all I just want to shake her!!! Quit wasting your time and taking up space in the gym!
    "It's simple...if it jiggles, it's fat." Arnold Schwarzeneggar

Noobsauce Olympic Lifter Crematia's Avatar
    Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crematia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Easy, start with five pounders and work your way up, just like anything.

.Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10) .Zaher. is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It took me 2 mnths to get up to 50lbs. Food helps =)
    More Sex and Violence Please

hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    This!!

In 2 years she went from a 130lb women who did alot of cardio and barely had any muscle... to 162lbs (right now) with top 4 abs already in, and a contest weight of 140lbs @ 7% BF... when she does bicept curls, she will go up to the 35lb dumbells for reps of 10.

and definitely this!!!
    Push it to the limit!!!!

Favorite saying - GO GET IT!

I am a "beastess" - thanks Brian!!!

12-11-10 first powerlifting meet
    314.16/187/341 - 843 lbs total raw!

3-26-11 USPA state championship
    314.16/198.7/352 - 865lbs total raw - best female raw lifter (Open division)

On to nationals!!!

ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZombiePinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    heres a question how much cardio is enough cardio? I stick mostly to weights, because I don't enjoy being on a treadmill at all. I do 1hr spinning classes 1-2 times a week + 1hr zumba class once a week, but sometimes i feel like it's not enough. is there a range i should be in for cardio?
    "Being a woman is not an excuse for being weak, Train to be as good as the men and be the best of the women..."

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    There's a big difference in curling 20# dumbbells and 20# barbell. Those that can curl 50# are talking about bb. It's not as hard to get there as you think
    hmm not all of us.. lol

I eat, I sleep, I train hard, I plan well,

ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by grace_ou View Post
    Me, too! I didn't for about 4 months, and check my sig. lol. Horrible! It's amazing how far you can slide if you slide.
    I get SO irritated at the girls (and most guys, actually) walking around the gym just talking and lifting 5 lb dumbells with no effort at all. It irks me. What irks me more are all the guys with the HUGE freakin' egos in my way, walking in front of the mirror when I'm using it, trying to talk to me in the middle of shoulder presses, and having teeny tiny legs. Ugh.
    Makes me squat more, that's for damn sure!
    I am currently at 25 lbs on the barbell, so don't berate yourself. It will take time and effort and a plan to get you to lifting heavy. Just remember that it will not occur overnight, and it will take at least (on average) a good solid 6 months of strict dieting and discipline to lift that heavy very soon. If you're interested in a strength gaining routine, I did 5x5 for a while and it was intense, ass kicking, and awesome.
    My first powerlifting meet: October 5th 2013

TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

totalee... except my bf% won't budge, dammit!!! It's gotta be the diet.

O/T,

don't beat yourself up and don't worry about actual weights you're lifting. I can biceps curl 20 kg for 10 reps with a barbell and 12 kg dbs for 8 reps, but that's all light/moderate training for me - if I want to really "do" my biceps in, I need to go down to 5-6 reps, eg use a 22 kg barbell or 13 kg dbs.

That's now, two years ago I started out with a 15 kg barbell on 10 reps, and then added some weight to go down to 5-6 rep range. And curled on!

Weights don't really matter, it's the 1RM% that you're using, that counts.

Current stats:
    67 kg / 167 cm / 25-27 %bf / 28 yo
    max lifts:
    bb bench press: 7 x 55kg
    lat pulldown: 5 x 60 kg
    squat: 8 x 60 kg

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hmm not all of us.. lol

Yes I know. You, Kim, and a very few select others can. The overwhelming majority here are talking bb. I didn't want the OP to be deceived by some of the numbers she's seen. Not that anyone inflates their numbers

mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    hmm not all of us.. lol

HEYYYYY YOU...... I AM BACK, did ya miss me? and you are right as well....Planning is key, my wife and I both know what we are eating 4 weeks from now, how much cardio will be done that day, and what bodyparts we are hitting....and can be adjusted if need be to key in for show.
    I do not sugar coat things, but you got in the condition you're in by "sugar coating."

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes I know. You, Kim, and a very few select others can. The overwhelming majority here are talking bb. I didn't want the OP to be deceived by some of the numbers she's seen. Not that anyone inflates their numbers
    OP shouldn't worry abut that anyway. How much you can bicep curl means nothing.

It's the how to get there part that's important. Eat, sleep, train, recover and plan all 4 well, after that it's just time.

HEYYYYY YOU...... I AM BACK, did ya miss me? and you are right as well....Planning is key, my wife and I both know what we are eating 4 weeks from now, how much cardio will be done that day, and what bodyparts we are hitting....and can be adjusted if need be to key in for show.
    Hey baby!! Ofcoarse I missed you how have you been?

Planning is a key part to successes that alot of people over look. You can everything else on par but if you have a poor lifting plan you're gonna hold your self back, same with diet or anything else.

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by .Zaher. View Post
    Dummbells or barbell?

Not that anyone inflates their numbers
    Lol! Gotta love those e-stats!
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000) Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000) Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000) Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000) Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000) Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000) Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000) Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000) Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000) Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000) Workin_on_it is just really nice. (+1000)

Red face

Lots of good advice here for increasing your weight..make sure you focus on form first..no sense is trying to curl too much weight with bad form and screwing yourself up. Start with a weight you can manage..if you can do more than 15 reps increase the weigh..work with that weight till you can do more than 15 reps increase the weight..also you can decrease the reps and increase the weight. I think you might be surprised at how strong you really can be! Keep at it, focus, push yourself,..and you will be one of those girls who lift heavy
    Jenni "The Wolverine" Whip- "I WILL make it happen!"

Need a change in your routine? Ask me how I can help you get results using a program that you can do at home or in the gym that won't cost a lot but have proven results! Nutrition, exercise program, success Coach..you can reach your fitness and weight loss goals and I can help you get there!
    www.********,com.jenniwhipple
    Twitter @jennicoolwhip
    IG/jenniwhip

Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I think Mav is right again. So often i see women in the gym who "think" they are lifting heavy but in reality, they are not pushing themselves nearly as much as some men do and some women do in the gym (you know, the ones who look like they are about to pass out after a workout and who's bodies actually change!).

I find working out with guys who train hard tends to help push you over that threashold of working out and working out hard. Plus the satisfaction that you get after you have a really good hard workout makes you want to do it again and again and again.

With regards to the wieght numbers, don't worry about anyone else's numbers. Some people are going to have limitations where they cannot lift a lot of weight (injuries) or being a beginer. What you do want to focus on is your own progression. I like to st personal weightlifting goals for myself that i work towards. This helps me achieve both the physical and asthetic goals that i have.

that is all great advice,thanks everyone...i guess i should just do my best and push myself to what i can lift...it might not seem like much right now but like everyone says it will go up...the more challenging part is to lose fat and once i can lose about 10-15bs hopefully my hard work with show more...but for now i will lift as heavy as i can and do my absolute best
    Last edited by mommyof5boys; 02-17-2010 at 06:51 PM.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I agree.^^ who cares how much a person lifts. I keep a journal for posting my workouts and it keeps me on track. On occasion I have answered the OP's question on "how much do you lift?" in some threads. But I've been lifting for consistently for almost 26 yrs...so yes I'm strong...but who cares serioulsy...
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    I agree.^^ who cares how much a person lifts. I keep a journal for posting my workouts and it keeps me on track. On occasion I have answered the OP's question on "how much do you lift?" in some threads. But I've been lifting for consistently for almost 26 yrs...so yes I'm strong...but who cares serioulsy...
    thats the right attitude to have about it..... with proper training and form you will build muscle, with new muscle comes strength. Thoose who use poor form and try to lift more weight then they can comfortable handle and stress the muscle properly will NEVER grow...

while I have commented in this thread about most women not truly knowing what to really push themselves means.... I would say more men suffer the "ego syndrom" of trying to lift more weight then they can handle, we have all seen it..... the guy that does barbell curls, bends his body over instead of straighting his arms...the whole time you notice his elbows never leave a 90 degree postition, does he reallly think he is working his bi's? I always laugh with my wife and say you know there is a problem when the guy with 19" arms (me) is curling 40lbs strictly, then the guy who pulls up next to me with 13" arms and swings out a set of curls with 50lb dumbells.

the most important advice I can give a man or a woman is "check your ego at the door"

that makes total sense

Copper101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow i have read of some women on here that can bicep curl like 50 lbs...wow...i can only do like 20lbs lol so i can hit the 10 rep...holy gees...i can't wait to get there...

maybe i should check to see if it's more like 20kg cause it's kind of embarassing

I started with 5# and thought that it was heavy at the time. A year kater, I now do 30# ....its all about consistency and repititions...the muscle start adjusting to a weight and then you can up your weight.

MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In my avi that's a 25kg barbel (55lb). It's quite doable for any woman. I started at about 10kg. Train consistently and eat enough, and you'll get there.

CashmereNCamo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CashmereNCamo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CashmereNCamo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CashmereNCamo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CashmereNCamo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CashmereNCamo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CashmereNCamo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CashmereNCamo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CashmereNCamo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CashmereNCamo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CashmereNCamo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Now I am by no means saying all women don't truly push themselves very hard, I can think of a few on this website that truly push themselves to their limits...i.e. kimm, powerbars, dungeon mistress, etc.... but I would say IN GENERAL most women dont know what its like to train more like a male.... NOPE (in the absence of the ability to strikethrough on this forum) - but instead: "train more like a FEmale on a mission."

Good comment, but needs the above edit in RED... I don't agree with the implication that it's mostly males that train intensely or that most males train intensely.

fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000)
    My upper body is still weak compared to my lower body, but I've gotten quite a bit stronger over the past few months. I started bicep curls with 5 lbs. when I joined my gym in March. I've been stuck on the 12 lb. weights when I do my 3x15 set, but when I do my 3x8 I'm fine with the 15 lb. I wish my biceps would respond faster to weightlifting!

strawberry2244 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I just recently increased my bicep curl to 27.5lb for 4 reps pushing those extra reps that you thought you couldn't do and doing negatives really helps

MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by .Zaher. View Post
    *Curls 50lb crew *

So much this. You'll find lifts go up so much when you're eating lots. Chin ups are great for biceps too

Edited coz I just realised I replied to this twice! Lol
    Last edited by MadCatLady; 03-14-2014 at 01:08 AM.
    Bench press: current 65kg, goal 70kg
    Squat: current 75kg, goal 90kg
    Deadlift: current 100kg, goal 120kg

Natural Physique Assoc. (UK) figure 2014, 2nd place.