dead-scrapin dem shins holysmokes700's Avatar
    holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile Many questions on nutrition

Many conflicting opinions on the following questions around the forums...so I am confused

1) What is the fastest and tastiest way to cook a healthy chicken breast?

2) Every morning I drink freshly squeezed (by me) 2 oranges and 1 lemon. Should I continue or stop?

3) I am a student and have a very low budget. I don't have access to bulk stores like Costco or Metro, so what would be an ideal CHEAP shopping list for cutting fat? (cheapest type of meat, cheapest vegetables, etc)

4) I eat 2 egg whites + 1 full egg on workout days (including other food)...is this too little? Should I eat them before or after the workout?

5) Fruits...including my squeezed juice, i eat 1 apple, 2 oranges, 1 lemon a day...too little, too much...? (i know bananas are good..but not that cheap)

6) I cant always work out at the same times of the day, so when is the optimal time to eat with respect to the workout session? (how many hours before/after)

7) Pasta...good for energy and cutting right? I weigh 200 lbs and am 6'3". I'm not fat, but how many grams of pasta should i have for example? (on a cutting diet)

8) I've been reading around and people suggest doing cardio first thing in the morning while fasted. I agree to this, but should/could i drink anything before like green tea?

9) Green tea...i'm trying to drink it everyday! Thoughts on the optimal time of consumption? Cause that stuff keeps you AWAKE :P

10) Should I eat at night? (7 pm ---> 11 pm)

11) Are soft cheeses or hard cheeses better for you? I see many people talking about cottage cheese...but I have also heard that hard cheeses are very good

12) What should I eat on my off days? Is it ok to have eggs every single day (assuming I will have other food along with the eggs) or should I leave some days for something else?

13) Yesterday after my workout I had to run to the studio to get some work done, so I didn't have the chance to have a post-workout food intake. How long do you usually wait before eating? Is there a recommended time, or is it ok if I am only able to eat for example 2 hours after (I know its not recommended)

14)..

That's all I can think of right now. I would really appreciate it if anyone could pour some knowledge into them. Sorry for taking your time and thank you in advance for any replies!

Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jeclavad will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. in a skillet with spices or marinated chicken
    2. Continue, fruits are good for you.
    3. Chicken, Tuna, Cottage Cheese, yogurt, milk, frozen veggies, eggs, fruits, nuts
    4. Can not say. Depends on your total daily/weekly calorie intake
    5. Fruits are good for you, eat them (I eat 4-5 bananas, 2 big apples, 1 lemon at least per day)
    6. Check the sticky
    7. One more time, your daily/weekly total calorie intake matters more.
    8. Green Tea has no calories
    9. Green Tea is a good source of antioxidant but contains a little caffeine. I would avoid it late afternoon/evening.
    10. Depends on your daily/weekly calorie intake and goals
    12. Depends on your goals, metbolism, etc.
    13. Check the sticky.

My 0.2

QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000) QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000) QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000) QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000) QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000) QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000) QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000) QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000) QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000) QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000) QuietSet is just really nice. (+1000)
    1. Probably in a skillet/on a grill. However, I always bake mine. That way, I can just stick them in the oven, come back in half an hour, and they're done. Use whatever seasoning you like, but I use Tony Chachere's.
    2. Nothing wrong with drinking fresh juice, so long as you are fitting it into your plan. However, I would personally rather just eat the fruit, as you will get more nutrition from the fruit that way.
    3. Ground turkey is quite cheap, as are eggs. If you are on a very strict budget, I would recommend just keeping an eye out for sales on quality meats and produce, and buying whatever you can afford. Your results won't depend on whether you are eating chicken or beef, spinach or broccoli. They will depend on the big picture of your nutritional plan, so use whatever building blocks you can afford, but use them properly, and you will get good results.
    4. It's totally up to you. Do whatever you need to do to hit your caloric and protein goals. Read the stickies, especially the one authored by WaveLength (in the losing fat forum). Personally, I see no sense in eating only whites. I eat 5 whole eggs with breakfast every morning, and I'm cutting at the moment.
    5. See #4.
    6. I suppose it depends on what sort of exercise you plan to do, but you can read articles on the supersite about pre- and post-workout nutrition. I personally have never felt the importance of it. I understand how it all works on paper, but for me it makes no difference if I ate 5 hours ago or 1 hour ago. As long as I'm not starving, my workouts are fine.
    7. See #4.
    8. I don't see where green tea would help any. I would sip some water. Don't drink too much or you might have stomach aches during the cardio. Also, the benefits of doing cardio at specific times is probably negligible, don't stress over it.
    9. Considering your own thoughts I would avoid it before bed.
    10. Timing is of little consequence, see #4.
    11. Both are fine, depending on how you use them in your diet. Again, see #4.
    12. When cutting I always eat the same on my off days and workout days. Whole eggs are one of the best things you can eat. Eat as many as you like so long as it fits into your plan.
    13. Check the supersite for articles about this, but again it is my personal experience that nutrient timing is of little or no consequence.

That's my view. Good luck.
    Past: 330lbs in May 2005. Competed at 154 at Unified National Armwrestling Championship in June 2009.
    Present: 180ish

dead-scrapin dem shins holysmokes700's Avatar
    holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holysmokes700 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks guys!!! really appreciate it, means a lot.

gonna go food shopping now