Registered User MenaceToSociety's Avatar
    MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000)

Pain behind my left shoulder blade?

So i've been having this weird pain first i taught it was my spine which freaked me out, But after massaging it i noticed it wasnt any type of pain it my bone, Just my flesh. It first hurt a bit after last wednesday i did the following exercises: Weighted pushups (put a backpack on with 35 pounds of plates), BB Overhead Press, Db Arnold press, One arm tricep extension, Wide grip upright rows, Dips.

It started hurting a bit today during my bicep/back workout, When i was in the middle of doing BB Shrugs.

Any ideas what it is? Im kinda just hoping its brusing from having 35 pound plate on my back.
    "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

"Life is what you make of it"

500+

erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    i had a sharp pain in my shoulder blade for quite awhile (like a month or 2) which always hurt with shoulder presses and it hurt to turn my neck (head left or right toward top of shoulder) so i finally went to doc. have 2 cervical herniated discs in my neck. still painful. if doesnt hurt when moving neck then might be something else

seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    same problem had for few months now. it seem it wont go away. i rested for like 3 weeks and it did nothing. wasnt active and thought it was worse. seems when i type on keyboard, i can kind of feel my shoulder getting inflammed. i think i strained my trap which leads to shoulder blade area when i was doing heavy shrugs

MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000) MenaceToSociety is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by erokjenkins View Post
    i had a sharp pain in my shoulder blade for quite awhile (like a month or 2) which always hurt with shoulder presses and it hurt to turn my neck (head left or right toward top of shoulder) so i finally went to doc. have 2 cervical herniated discs in my neck. still painful. if doesnt hurt when moving neck then might be something else
    Well i can turn my neck perfectly fine, Same with my body i can stetch as i've always stretched. Its just when i do shrugs it seems to irritate me. Hopefully it wont bother me on wednesday when i do shoulders/chest/tricep.
    "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

500+

www.egyfitness.com Finnegan Bell's Avatar
    Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000)
    I tell u from my experience ,MAYBE it is a pulled trap or neck muscle ,it happened to me once and it may hurt with other exercises. Did u feel a pinching or tiny burn in ur back this day??

seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seriouslifter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i think i popped something when doing heavy shrugs. how do i heal this? i think it led to my shoulder being inflammed

Colossus23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i've had a problem like this for a long time and recently discovered i have trigger points behind my left shoulder blade. These are small knots that form in the muscle. i won't go too far into this as there is plenty of information on the internet, but you should def google "trigger points" and see if it matches your symptoms.

Originally Posted by Finnegan Bell View Post
    I tell u from my experience ,MAYBE it is a pulled trap or neck muscle ,it happened to me once and it may hurt with other exercises. Did u feel a pinching or tiny burn in ur back this day??
    Well honestly i did my back/bicep workout which consists of deadlifts, zercher squats, pullups, db bent over row, bb curls, reverse bb curls, bb shrugs, and wrist curls. But i only felt the pain at the end of my workout when i started doing BB Shrugs.

Alright i will google "trigger points".

500+

erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) erokjenkins is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by MenaceToSociety View Post
    Well honestly i did my back/bicep workout which consists of deadlifts, zercher squats, pullups, db bent over row, bb curls, reverse bb curls, bb shrugs, and wrist curls. But i only felt the pain at the end of my workout when i started doing BB Shrugs.

Alright i will google "trigger points".
    my guess then is a pulled muscle...sometimes at the end of a workout we are so burned out we are lax on form without realizing it and shrugs really heavy is a good way to pull a trap if not focusing on form...been there and done it bro ice and rest it for it a week

Originally Posted by erokjenkins View Post
    my guess then is a pulled muscle...sometimes at the end of a workout we are so burned out we are lax on form without realizing it and shrugs really heavy is a good way to pull a trap if not focusing on form...been there and done it bro ice and rest it for it a week
    Alright man i appreciate the advice, I do believe it might just be a pulled/strained trap. I'll ice it and avoid doing shrugs for the next week or 2. REPPED

I repped just about everyone who answered but i need to recharge to get the rest.

500+

Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jaroctor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just felt a terrible tear today behind my left shoulder blade, it hurts constantly. This indicates I probably ****ing pulled somehting. **** me.

bthrelkeld has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MenaceToSociety View Post
    Alright man i appreciate the advice, I do believe it might just be a pulled/strained trap. I'll ice it and avoid doing shrugs for the next week or 2. REPPED

I repped just about everyone who answered but i need to recharge to get the rest.
    How did it do after Icing it and resting from shrugs for a week? I think I just did the same thing doing heavy shrugs two days ago. Also did you feel a sharp pain when coughing or breathing really deep after your workout?

pandapandajp is on a distinguished road. (+10)

pinch in the back of my trap

Originally Posted by Finnegan Bell View Post
    thats a perfect description of what i have been experiencing the past 4 months. Happened after i shrugged 180kg... felt a sharp pain/pinch in the back of my trap and i feel it randomly once and a while or when i attempt any heavy exercises that involve me holding heavy weight..
    i still train around it but im a little worried it still hasn't stopped..
    what did you do?

FoodisGod is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Just happened

This just happened to me. Don’t know whether to rest completely or just train around it. Don’t want to end up with it lasting for months. Anyone have any updates on this issue?