jguillen712 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Empty stomach cardio with 8.6% body fat..Good or bad?

I'm 21 yrs old on my cut started with 13.8% BF. Now I'm @ 8.6% is it goo to do empty stomach cardio in the morning? I weigh 165lbs 5'9"..I also do my weight training after school which is around 4pm....Also is cardio everyday bad?
    Thanks,
    Last edited by jguillen712; 02-15-2010 at 11:11 AM.

BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500) BigD208 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by jguillen712 View Post
    I'm 21 yrs old on my cut started with 13.8% BF. Now I'm @ 8.6% is it goo to do empty stomach cardio in the morning? I weigh 165lbs 5'7"..I also do my weight training after school which is around 4pm....Also is cardio everyday bad?
    Thanks,
    I'd say that if you can keep your strength during your weight training sessions, then you are probably fine....If you are starting to lose strength, then definitely cut the empty stomach A.M. cardio.

O yeah and I was just curious man, How long did it take to cut from 13.8% to 8%??

Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000) Dths is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm 21 yrs old on my cut started with 13.8% BF. Now I'm @ 8.6% is it goo to do empty stomach cardio in the morning? I weigh 165lbs 5'7"..I also do my weight training after school which is around 4pm....Also is cardio everyday bad?
    Thanks,
    Cardiovascular exercise has several myths surrounding it. The largest myth being that one should perform low intensity cardio in a fasted state. The logic being that if one is in a fasted state, their glycogen levels will be low and will force their body to burn fat. Unfortunately, this idea is misguided.

While performing cardio in a fasted state may indeed increase the amount of calories that are burned from fat stores, it will also increase amino acid oxidation. Cardiovascular exercise while in a fasted state is a great way to increase cortisol release. Cortisol will liberate amino acids to produce glucose (glucose cannot be synthesized from fats) and can lead to muscle loss.

Additionally, I find it ironic that many people take such great care to time their meals so that they do not go for more than 2-3 hours without eating in order to prevent muscle loss. However, they purposefully induce this state and then perform work on top of this!
    Hope that helps.

jguillen712 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BigD208 View Post
    I'd say that if you can keep your strength during your weight training sessions, then you are probably fine....If you are starting to lose strength, then definitely cut the empty stomach A.M. cardio.

O yeah and I was just curious man, How long did it take to cut from 13.8% to 8%??
    I took me about 2 months but i was really strict on myself even cut out the drinking..

56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks,
    Should be fine. Would be better if you ate something with carbs in it an hour or two before you did cardio though.

coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000) coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000) coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000) coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000) coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000) coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000) coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000) coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000) coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000) coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000) coolspin27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 56kninja View Post
    Should be fine. Would be better if you ate something with carbs in it an hour or two before you did cardio though.
    I would be a little hesitent to do fasted cardio at the BF % but maybe that is just me.

56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by coolspin27 View Post
    I would be a little hesitent to do fasted cardio at the BF % but maybe that is just me.

It's what I thought. But I dont have a BF nearly that low so I can't speak from any experience.

coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by coolspin27 View Post
    This guy.

The leaner you are the more important it is to take precautions against losing lbm.

everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) everblue has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by coals View Post
    This guy.

The leaner you are the more important it is to take precautions against losing lbm.
    Exactly this

bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhspud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dths View Post
    Quote:
    Cardiovascular exercise has several myths surrounding it. The largest myth being that one should perform low intensity cardio in a fasted state. The logic being that if one is in a fasted state, their glycogen levels will be low and will force their body to burn fat. Unfortunately, this idea is misguided.

While performing cardio in a fasted state may indeed increase the amount of calories that are burned from fat stores, it will also increase amino acid oxidation. Cardiovascular exercise while in a fasted state is a great way to increase cortisol release. Cortisol will liberate amino acids to produce glucose (glucose cannot be synthesized from fats) and can lead to muscle loss.

Additionally, I find it ironic that many people take such great care to time their meals so that they do not go for more than 2-3 hours without eating in order to prevent muscle loss. However, they purposefully induce this state and then perform work on top of this!

Hope that helps.
    This is really interesting to me... do you have any links to the articles / studies that support this? (not asking because I don't believe you, I just want some more information ) I personally run in the morning right after waking up, so if I am killing muscle in the process I need to find a new schedule for my 9 mile jog. Thanks for the post / thread!