MichiganLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wheybolic Extreme 60 and Mass XXX questions?

I'm a relatively new lifter (in good shape from sports) and looking to really add some mass and strength. Currently 6' and 150 lbs but looking to end up around 175-180 lbs. Age 20.

I've been researching as much as I can about lifting and supplements as I know that my current diet just isn't cutting it. My workout routine is quite good at this point I believe (3 day split of Tit's/Tri's, Back/Bi's, and Shoulders/Core/Legs).

I recently stopped by GNC to pick up something to give me more on the mass end...

Currently I take [GNC Pro Performance? AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60?] and [GNC Pro Performance? AMP Amplified Mass XXX] mixed after workouts. I also have been taking [Maximum Human Performance Probolic?-SR - Vanilla] right before bed as it is supposed to be a slower releasing protein.

Are these good products to be taking?
    Should I have replaced the the Whey with Gold Standard and the Probolic SR with Muscle Milk?
    Should I only be taking the Mass XXX on a month cycle because of the little amount of Creatine in it? Also, should I be worried there there is some soy protein included as I've read it leads to higher levels of estrogen?

Are there cheaper/better alternatives that would work better for me?

Basically I am looking for recommendations from more experienced lifters on this stuff as I am truly lost in all the advertisements and claims by the companies and GNC sales workers. Any kind of overall explanation in addition to my questions would be so very much appreciated. PLEASE HELP! Thanks.

Sweatin' to the Oldies Austin109's Avatar
    Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MichiganLift View Post
    I'm a relatively new lifter (in good shape from sports) and looking to really add some mass and strength. Currently 6' and 150 lbs but looking to end up around 175-180 lbs. Age 20.

I've been researching as much as I can about lifting and supplements as I know that my current diet just isn't cutting it. My workout routine is quite good at this point I believe (3 day split of Tit's/Tri's, Back/Bi's, and Shoulders/Core/Legs).

I recently stopped by GNC to pick up something to give me more on the mass end...

Currently I take [GNC Pro Performance? AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60?] and [GNC Pro Performance? AMP Amplified Mass XXX] mixed after workouts. I also have been taking [Maximum Human Performance Probolic?-SR - Vanilla] right before bed as it is supposed to be a slower releasing protein.

Should I have replaced the the Whey with Gold Standard and the Probolic SR with Muscle Milk?
    Should I only be taking the Mass XXX on a month cycle because of the little amount of Creatine in it? Also, should I be worried there there is some soy protein included as I've read it leads to higher levels of estrogen?

Basically I am looking for recommendations from more experienced lifters on this stuff as I am truly lost in all the advertisements and claims by the companies and GNC sales workers. Any kind of overall explanation in addition to my questions would be so very much appreciated. PLEASE HELP! Thanks.
    1st, GNC is extremely expensive. ordering from this website is a lot cheaper and theres better selection.

2. wheybolic is alright, but gold standard is quality and a lot cheaper.

3. mass xxx is not a very good gainer. universal real gains is a really cheap and high quality alternative. look around on the website and see what people are taking and how they like it for an idea on what to get.

4. you dont really need to worry about cycling creatine.

5. a good thing would be to sit back and read the threads and stickies. try to develop a little more knowledge on what you are buying and using to see what really is effective and whats a gimmick.

oh and soy protein isnt going to hurt you. no worries on that

Thanks for the advice...

What about the Maximum Human Performance Probolic? Is that worth taking at night before bed? Or would it be better to just switch to Gold Standard and take that after working out and before bed?

dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Austin109 View Post
    1st, GNC is extremely expensive. ordering from this website is a lot cheaper and theres better selection.

2. wheybolic is alright, but gold standard is quality and a lot cheaper.

3. mass xxx is not a very good gainer. universal real gains is a really cheap and high quality alternative. look around on the website and see what people are taking and how they like it for an idea on what to get.

4. you dont really need to worry about cycling creatine.

5. a good thing would be to sit back and read the threads and stickies. try to develop a little more knowledge on what you are buying and using to see what really is effective and whats a gimmick.

oh and soy protein isnt going to hurt you. no worries on that

Pro Performance protein is made by ON, but with more amino acids added to to. Mass XXX is the same as ON's Serious Mass, but with a little less carbs & a little less calories, same amount of sugar (20 grams) but more servings.

The reason ON is cheaper than Pro Performance is because there are a lot less amino acids
    Amp Wheybolic Extreme 60 vs ON's new Hydrowhey
    A.W.E. = 60 g protein, 64000mg aminos & 8 g leucine. Hydrowhey = 30 g, 60000 mg aminos & 8 g overall BCAA's... so how is ON the better protein company?

dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dragonstud08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

You don't need to take Amp Wheybolic Extreme 60 with Amp Mass XXX. Split your dosing of AMP Mass XXX. 2 scoops with milk as pre workout meal, 4 scoops post workout (preferably with milk) and 2 scoops about an hour before bed, that will add roughly 2000 extra calories to your diet. Amp Mass XXX is also a sustained release protein, but more amino acids per serving. The amount stated on MHP's Probolic SR is for 100 g protien (1 serving is 1 scoop). MM is better as an MRP since it has about the highest fat content. The creatine in the Amp Mass XXX does not need to be cycled since you won't get the extra water retention. As far as soy protein increasing estrogen, there is no actual evidence to support this claim.

I know from the regulars at my store with a high calorie diet combined with the Amp Mass XXX they have put on roughly 10 lbs with exercise. The probolic wouldn't be necessary since to get any high amount of amino acids youd have to take 5 servings a day. You'd be better off investing in a good mass building pre workout powder like Superpump 250.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
    Yes I work at GNC
    Register Dietician & ACSM Personal Trainer

So...

Originally Posted by dragonstud08 View Post
    You don't need to take Amp Wheybolic Extreme 60 with Amp Mass XXX. Split your dosing of AMP Mass XXX. 2 scoops with milk as pre workout meal, 4 scoops post workout (preferably with milk) and 2 scoops about an hour before bed, that will add roughly 2000 extra calories to your diet. Amp Mass XXX is also a sustained release protein, but more amino acids per serving. The amount stated on MHP's Probolic SR is for 100 g protien (1 serving is 1 scoop). MM is better as an MRP since it has about the highest fat content. The creatine in the Amp Mass XXX does not need to be cycled since you won't get the extra water retention. As far as soy protein increasing estrogen, there is no actual evidence to support this claim.

I know from the regulars at my store with a high calorie diet combined with the Amp Mass XXX they have put on roughly 10 lbs with exercise. The probolic wouldn't be necessary since to get any high amount of amino acids youd have to take 5 servings a day. You'd be better off investing in a good mass building pre workout powder like Superpump 250.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
    Yes I work at GNC
    Register Dietician & ACSM Personal Trainer
    Do this mean that the Probolic is a complete waste? Also, could you explain this sentence a bit more: " MM is better as an MRP since it has about the highest fat content."

And finally, since you seem to be so knowledgeable, what exactly would you recommend for me to take per day? I'm looking to just stick to the Mass XXX type supp and straight protein. Also, I have no idea what to take on my off days. Thanks.
    Last edited by MichiganLift; 02-16-2010 at 09:07 AM.

Do this mean that the Probolic is a complete waste? Also, could you explain this sentence a bit more: " MM is better as an MRP since it has about the highest fat content."

And finally, since you seem to be so knowledgeable, what exactly would you recommend for me to take per day? I'm looking to just stick to the Mass XXX type supp and straight protein. Also, I have no idea what to take on my off days. Thanks.
    MM makes a better MRP bc it is about 17 grams of fat per serving & is a slower digesting protein. But if you need a quick snack or are on the run, drink a syntha 6 rtd since it's more protein & only 6 g of fat. Probolic sr isn't a waste, but for putting on mass I wouldn't recomend it. I would recommend taking the mass xxx, fish oil (I personally take the triple strength f.o.) and a good multivitamin, animal pal is great for putting on mass, extra calcium could benefit you as well since it is needed for muscle contractions & more muscle mass takes calcium away from your bones. Eat protein bars or nuts as a snack with some fruit & veggies. On days you don't workout just take 1 serving of mass xxx, 1/2 serving breakfast or mid morning snack (depending on your schedule), & the other 1/2 about an hour before bed.