IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Atkins - Help me please

Hi, ok ive recently started atkins and lost 21 pounds so far, but for some reason ive hit a brick wall, ive lost nothing all week. Can anyone suggest some ideas of what i could do, EG drop back to stage 1 atkins (cut out salads ect)

Info

- 19 Years old
    - 322 lbs
    - On stage 2 of atkins (can eat salads and SOME veg)
    - Workout 5 times a week on x-trainer (normally 30 mins sessions)
    - Play football/soccer 2 hours a week

This week has been one of my more active weeks and better as far as my diet, but ive not lost one pound, infact i may have gained one or two.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by IneedSomeHelp View Post
    Hi, ok ive recently started atkins and lost 21 pounds so far, but for some reason ive hit a brick wall, ive lost nothing all week. Can anyone suggest some ideas of what i could do, EG drop back to stage 1 atkins (cut out salads ect)

Info

- 19 Years old
    - 322 lbs

This week has been one of my more active weeks and better as far as my diet, but ive not lost one pound, infact i may have gained one or two.

You need to totally re structure your training.

Try 3 days a week doing full body workouts, plus your football. Then maybe one additional cardio session and see how you get on with that.

Also what is your diet like?

PM me if you want help.

Cheers
    Tom
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhh budaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy

Olympic Lifter.

86 kgs at Aug 13...
    61 kgs at May 14
    62 kgs at Sept 14

25 kgs of fat lost. Now time to GROW!

Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Info

- 19 Years old
    - 322 lbs

Atkins helps you lose a lot of weight, i lost a lot on atkins, but also once u stop it ull gain a lot as well.

You need to have carbs.

Secondly, if u really want to stay on atkins then u can stay on level one or stage one until ur close to ur goal weight. like 5 kgs away.

Youve hit a brick wall bcus ur body is in starvation mode and is trying to store all ur fat.

You need to eat more.

Try a healthier diet, like try to lose 1 kg a week bcus if u try to lose too much too fast, u'll end up having that skinny-fat look.. ull look skinny in clothes but ull have this stubborn fat on u thatll be so hard to get rid of and u'll look flabby... my sister has that problem... she looks horrible naked !

I luv Demi Lovato! U mad? Skullaway's Avatar
    Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    On Atkins they say you do not need to count calories.

But when you stall what do you do?

When you stall on a diet you can reduce calories or do more cardio to break the stall and continue to lose weight.

So if you need to count calories to keep losing weight there is no point being on a diet such as Atkins.

You might as well learn to count calories while eating all the healthy foods you enjoy.

IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IneedSomeHelp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys, im gonna start again i think, also wot do u meen full body workout? any suggestions for a daily diet, im not good at working one out...

This is what im thinking so far dont kno how the hell to work out many cals it is ect

Breakfast - Oats - 2 pieces of toast
    Dinner - Tuna+mayo - Salad
    Tea - not sure...

BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10) BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10) BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10) BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10) BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10) BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10) BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10) BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10) BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10) BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10) BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Which atkins are you doing??? im just curious cause I happen to be very knowledged on the atkins diet (have been eating low carb about 3yrs)

Read the book.. if you have not read the book go buy it and read it..
    I want to know which verson you are following because induction includes salads (unless you are doing atkins 1972 verson) which I'm totally guessing you are not..

Anywho, what does your menu look like? on the first 2 weeks you will lose ALOT of water weight, and your weight loss does slow alot. and if you are not physically active usually, and now all of a sudden you are over exerting yourself (and your muscles feel sore) you will gain some water weight and hold it for a while.

Be patient, stop weighing yourself every day. and pay attention what you are putting into your mouth. stay away from atkins shakes and bars untill you are closer to goal...
    READ THE BOOK AND STICK TO IT.. go buy the book, i'm sure you can get it on ebay for a few dollars.. it will be the best investment..

I'm sure you didnt get to 322lbs overnight.. it will not come off overnight..

if you are still having issues with losing weight after reading the book, and following the plan to a T, you are prob over eating.. then I would suggest trying to figure out your BMR with your activity level..

After doing a very clean induction, I wouldn't expect to lose more then 2lbs a week. and some weeks you will have gains, some weeks you are going to have bigger losses.. it happens, when it does be suprised but don't get upset over it and take into consideration other things you may have done differently.. everything matters.. (for example I was drinking dunkin donuts coffee for weeks and not losing anything untill I found out theres carbs in there coffee)

The slower the weight comes off, the easier it will stay off.. you are young dont rush it..
    2lbs a week is a loss of over 100lbs in a year..
    if you need any help with this please feel free to msg me or just post on here..

and to the person bashing low carb, carbs are not healthy for everyone. espically when it comes to insulin issues.. and im taking a safe guess that someone whos over 300lbs may have insulin issues..... (and I stress the word MAY) or could even be type 2 diabetic..
    Some carbs are good, and while one may be eating low carb, they are still getting some carbs, and over time slowly add good carbs back into the diet..

and to the person who said once you start eating normally again you gain all the weight back.. thats 100% right.. low carb isn't a diet, its a lifestyle..
    For me i'll be eating low carb for the rest of my life, and im ok with that because I have some food intolerances, and low carb makes me feel AMAZING..
    Diet makes you look good with your clothes on... Exercise makes you look good naked..

BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10) BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10) BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10) BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10) BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10) BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10) BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10) BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10) BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10) BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10) BimboLicousss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is what im thinking so far dont kno how the hell to work out many cals it is ect

Breakfast - Oats - 2 pieces of toast
    Dinner - Tuna+mayo - Salad
    Tea - not sure...
    oats are not allowed on any beginning atkins plan untill goal and then its steel cut oats ONCE IN A WHILE..
    Bread is not allowed on any verson of atkins..

you are not even eating low carb.. I'm taking a good guess that with that you are not even in ketosis.. go buy the book..
    Diet makes you look good with your clothes on... Exercise makes you look good naked..

Atkins Induction

Acceptable Foods

On phase one, dieters must take control of their Atkins diet menu plan.

Meat, fowl, fish, eggs are liberally allowed, which is quite satisfactory.

The following sorts of meat are allowed: pork, lamb, beef, squid, venison.

Bacon and ham, salami, hot dogs are also allowed, despite the fact they are processed meat. They can be eaten on condition that they do not contain sugar which might add carbohydrates to the daily intake.

Besides, tuna, salmon, sardines, herring and trout are fine in Induction phase, except those products that are not exclusively fish. The same for meat containing some additives such as nitrates, which are extremely dangerous.

Dieters may also liberally eat fowl: duck, turkey, chicken, goose, Cornish, pheasant.

Eggs should be scrambled, fried, omelettes, deviled, soft-boiled or poached.

Shrimp, lobster, clams, mussels are also on the Atkins foodlist in phase one.

Cheese
    Cottage cheese, farmer's cheese and any fresh or aged cheese are not on the list. The folowing sorts can be eaten with no restrictions: mozarella, cheddar, cream cheese, Rocquefort cheese and blue ones, swiss cheese, goat, cow and sheep cheese.

Whatever the sort of cheese, the carbohydrate content should be checked. The same for soy and rice cheese. An ounce of cheese usually contains 1 gram of carbohydrates.

Diet cheese, immitation cheese and fresh cheese are not admitted. Those experiencing cheese or dairy allergy or/and intolerance should avoid even accepted cheese.

Veggies
    Induction phase has a vegetable class on the acceptable food list. It includes:sorel, pepper, cucumber, radicchio, chicory, escarole, arugula, daikon, chiver, jicama, lettuce, celery, fennel.

They are phytonutrients but also a great source of fiber. Two to three cups are suggested daily.

Other veggies on the Atkins diet list are:

celery roots
    artichoke hearts
    rhrubarb
    eggplant
    bean sprouts
    bamboo shoots
    spinach
    broccoli
    chard
    onion
    zucchini
    water chestnuts
    cauliflower
    cabbage
    tomato
    brussels
    turnips
    summer squash

Only one cup daily or no more than two cups are recommended.

Spices

All spices are allowed but only if they contain no added sugar.

Herbs are approved, too: garlic, sage, oregano, pepper, dill, cilandro, cayenne pepper, basil, rosemary.

Oils

Dressing the salads can be difficult but oil, vinegar, lemon juice, spices and herbs can be added for a better taste.

Dr. Atkins food list includes acceptable oils and fats, too. These are: olive oil, canola oil, walnut, sunflower and safflower, soybean, grapeseed oil, sesame oil.

The cold-pressed or expeller-pressed oils are strongly suggested. Butter is also allowed. Atkins diet doesn't recommend cooking polyunsaturated oils such as sunflower oil, soybean or corn at high temperatures.

Acceptable Beverages

Eight eight-ounce glasses a day are recommended by Dr. Atkins diet. The best choices are: mineral water, tap water, spring water, mineral water.

The following beverages are also allowed as long as they don't contain insidious carbohydrates: bouillon, clear broth, decaffeinated coffee or tea, club soda, diet soda, lemon juice or lime juice, cream, heavy or light.

Beverages containing alcohol, too much caffeine and grain beverages are banned in Induction phase.

Special Foods

Just for variety, Dr. Atkins allowed the consumption (not very often) of what he called:

olives (no more then 10-12 per day)
    small avocado
    sour cream (no more than 1 ounce)
    unsweetened heavy cream
    lemon juice and lime juice.
    As there have been occasional claims that special category foods may slow down the weight loss, dr. Atkins suggested to stay away from them in the first two weeks.

Artificial Sweeteners
    Sucralose, sachharine, cyclamate and acelsufame are allowed on Atkins diet list. Natural sweeteners such as maltose, fructose should be rejected. Saccharine appears to be dangerous only in high doses. Atkins diet is very favourable to sucralose which is derivative from sugar, is noncaloric and does not induce a blood sugar increase. Aspartame is unadvisable, from dr. Atkins' point of view, since medical observations have evidently suggested that it slows down the weight loss.

Induction Phase Rules
    Atkins diet has a set of rules to follow:

Keeping down the carbohydrates intake daily. No more than 20 grams each day in the first two weeks, if such is the case (some of dieters have to undertake this phase for more than 14 days, yet, no more than six weeks at maximum). Scanning the labels in order to find out the hidden carbs is suggested. If not, a carb gram counter at handy might be very useful for someone on Atkins diet.
    Eating three main meals a day or 4 to 5 small meals, to achieve satiety. Atkins suggests eating well, but not until stuffed.
    Forgetting potatoes, pasta, fruits, bread, dairy products (except aged-cheese), sugar. Starchy-vegetables and foods are out of the question.
    Cutting off tea, coffee, soft drinks and alcohol. Instead, eight glasses of water are just fine to avoid constipation and to facilitate the elimination of substances resulting from burning fats.
    Taking control of the amounts of foods suited for each person. Those following Atkins diet plan are the only ones in charge of their appetite. When hungry, dieters can eat what is listed on Acceptable foods list. When not hungry, they should eat just a small controlled carbohydrate snack
    Introducing artificial sweeteners.
    Staying away of products labeled as ?diet products?. Checking is the best thing to do in order to avoid eating some insidious carbs.
    Avoiding chewing gum, cough tablets and other products passing for foods, becauce they surely include sugar and caloric sweeteners. An Atkins dieter most probably doesn't need them.
    Declining prepared salads on bars and deli counters.
    Managing daily vitamins and minerals according to Atkins diet program.

Thanks for that im going to start on phase one again.

Can you tell me if this sounds ok

Breakfast - 3 eggs - scrambled
    Dinner - tuna mayo - salad
    Tea - Chicken/Salmon/Steak ect with an egg

Does this sound ok

If not any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for all the info aswell

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Listen to BimboLicious, she knows what she is talking about.

Your basic meals sound okay, but add in more veg. Try something like a mushroom omlette for breakfast, and eat a big pile of broccoli or green beans with your steak.

Take a whey shake after lifting, not after cardio. Lift hard, no messing about.

Go to the keto forum and do some reading on how to adapt Atkins for athletes.

By the way, study after study has found that Atkins is a very effective and very healthy diet. In the keto forum, we have people who have been eating low carb for years, and we've all got perfect blood work and excellent health. If you come off Atkins and go on a doughnut binge, expect to put the weight back. Otherwise, there is no reason you'll gain more than water weight.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

Thanks for that im going to start on phase one again.

Can you tell me if this sounds ok

Breakfast - 3 eggs - scrambled
    Dinner - tuna mayo - salad
    Tea - Chicken/Salmon/Steak ect with an egg

Does this sound ok

If not any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for all the info aswell
    for your weight, I dont think that would be enough food..

Breakfast -2 to 3 eggs fried in butter or olive oil, 3 slices of bacon (nitrate free)
    Snack - deviled egg or hard boiled egg, 1oz cheddar cheese
    lunch - a can of tuna with mayo on bed of lettuce
    snack - half a can of sardines
    Dinner - 6oz chicken breast on bed of lettuce with full fat cesar dressing, sprinkled with parm cheese , cucumbers, celery

feel free to drink your coffee or tea with a splash of heavy cream..

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    BimboLicouss ain't no bimbo!

LISTEN TO HER!!!!

I 100% agree with her. READ THE ATKINS BOOK! Front page to back cover. It amazes me how few people that supposedly follow the diet, have read the book.

Originally Posted by BimboLicousss View Post
    for your weight, I dont think that would be enough food..

Breakfast -2 to 3 eggs fried in butter or olive oil, 3 slices of bacon (nitrate free)
    Snack - deviled egg or hard boiled egg, 1oz cheddar cheese
    lunch - a can of tuna with mayo on bed of lettuce
    snack - half a can of sardines
    Dinner - 6oz chicken breast on bed of lettuce with full fat cesar dressing, sprinkled with parm cheese , cucumbers, celery

feel free to drink your coffee or tea with a splash of heavy cream..
    Thanks for that i will give that a try for 2 weeks and will PM u the results, if you dont mind, i dont want to hassle you..

Thanks again

Thanks for that i will give that a try for 2 weeks and will PM u the results, if you dont mind, i dont want to hassle you..

Thanks again
    feel free to pm me whenever you want.. but i want you to give it your all.. and go get the book!

Originally Posted by BimboLicousss View Post
    feel free to pm me whenever you want.. but i want you to give it your all.. and go get the book!

I will do, thanks again. Think i will just stick to my workout plan i walk to and from uni 2-3 days a week , walk the dog 2-3 days a week and workout 3-5 times a week and play football every week