kkeesy8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I think I need some encouragement.

First of all I think scales suck and are the number one reason dieters say the hell with it.I started last June at 290.My normal weight was always around 185 and really fit.Thats what 10 years of smoking,drinking and only exersize was a sprint from the couch to the fridge.I'm 54.and have a pretty physical job.I just weighed and at 218 I've geen stuck for six weeks.I eat 1700-2000 cal.I tried real low carb for the last two weeks but when Ihit the weights my energy is GONE fast.I've been living on chicken breasts oats cottage cheese walnuts and blueberries and MetRx whey.I never cheat.I lift three -four times a week.My strenth is drasticly improving all the time,but I just can't hold up.NOW for the main question.My pantssize has went from a tight 44'' to a loose 38.Shirt 3xl to loose xl.BUT my waist measure at the navel is stuck at 40''.I feel leaner everywhere but my overhang really weighs on my mind.Do some areas decrease before others?My shoulders arms and legs are really getting muscular.When I look in the mirror in a tank top with veins showing and muscles i haven'seen before I think DAMN:then I take off the shirt and the GUT ruins it all.I'm not giving up no matter what.Sorry for the long post,just felt discouraged this morning.I think I need to re-vamp my diet with some veggies and up my cardio.You guys are really an inspiration and a helluva lot of knowledge.Thanks

nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100) nnam is not very well liked. (-100)
    Yes, you will lose fat faster in some areas than others according to a predefined pattern that's unique to you. The belly is probably the last place you lose fat, much like me.

Peelen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Peelen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Actually, it is a known fact that you lose fat last on the places you want to lose it most.

Well, maybe not, but I'm pretty sure everyone (myself included) feels that way. You are looking and looking for changes in certain spots and seeing losses in others and it is frustrating, but don't give up! I promise you that with your eating/workout schedule you WILL see results, it just takes time.

It took you years to put that weight on, it won't take years to take it off but it'll take time. In the meanwhile try to focus on the amazing benefits of losing weight that perhaps aren't always visible. More confidence, better health, and more energy are just a few of the benefits of healthy eating and exercise, so enjoy them!

Lastly, don't get caught up in the scale. Unless you are planning on making it your life (sounds like not) we exercise to live our life better, not live to exercise. Focus on and enjoy the benefits of health and fitness and your stomach will disappear before you know it.

Thanks guys,In the back of my mind i think I know this is true,but it helps to hear it from others that know.When you get to my age you just wan't quick results like when you were younger.Damn the years fly by.

, bv

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by kkeesy8 View Post

.........I just weighed and at 218 I've geen stuck for six weeks.I eat 1700-2000 cal.I tried real low carb for the last two weeks but when Ihit the weights my energy is GONE fast.I've been living on chicken breasts oats cottage cheese walnuts and blueberries and MetRx whey.I never cheat........
    Very difficult to understand if you have been 100% loyal for six continuous weeks at 1700-2000 calories per day.... "I never cheat"

The only explanation then is maybe you're eating more calories than you think.

Log everything you put in your mouth for a few days and post it here.

I know I would go crazy on 1700 calories per day and my workouts would suck. You should be losing on 2000 calories per day... with any kind of physical activity....

Any chance you are missing some hidden calories? Or maybe you have some cheat days?

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Alright... So you spend all of your time stuck at certain weights, right?...

Check out kkeesy8's posts from January 10, 2010

"BUT I've been stuck at 225 for SIX WEEKs. "I'm probably only eating around 1400cal now" "Since then I very carefully figured my daily cals and they were around 2300 "

Sounds like you have a real problem calculating calories and sticking with a diet for very long.

dpolax14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpolax14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpolax14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpolax14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpolax14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpolax14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpolax14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpolax14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpolax14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dpolax14 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Talking

drink lots of water and get lots of fiber. And carbs are what give you energy don't eat low carbs eat low sugars but high complex carbs. try not to obsess over protien too much just get about 120 grams per day and try to get 250 grams of carbs, 55 grams of fat. Cardio is key to losing weight. Also, once your bf% gets lower your fat should be more equally distrubuted. Good Luck =)

gokorn1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im in your same shoes. however something that helps me is a measure myself. Ihaven't seen the scale drop more than 10lbs in the last 6 months, however the inches don't lie. Its nice to see that im putting on muscle and dropping inches.

56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 56kninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its just genetics.. But you'll probably lose at your gut the fastest.. Because that's usually where a huge amount of fat is stored. But I notice it's coming off my arms and legs more now (muscles showing more) while my stomach stays pretty close to the same.

Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    Very difficult to understand if you have been 100% loyal for six continuous weeks at 1700-2000 calories per day.... "I never cheat"

The only explanation then is maybe you're eating more calories than you think.

Log everything you put in your mouth for a few days and post it here.

I know I would go crazy on 1700 calories per day and my workouts would suck. You should be losing on 2000 calories per day... with any kind of physical activity....

Any chance you are missing some hidden calories? Or maybe you have some cheat days?
    I think I started out with a diet too low.Knowing more now I eat the same foods every day,I vary the amounts between 1700-2400 tops.I tried dropping lower on the carbs but my energy level is sick.I have a hard time figuring outa good cutting diet.All my day meals have to be ate on the road.I think all the posts about no carbs low carbs or high have me confused.

LCnewb is on a distinguished road. (+10) LCnewb is on a distinguished road. (+10) LCnewb is on a distinguished road. (+10) LCnewb is on a distinguished road. (+10) LCnewb is on a distinguished road. (+10) LCnewb is on a distinguished road. (+10) LCnewb is on a distinguished road. (+10) LCnewb is on a distinguished road. (+10) LCnewb is on a distinguished road. (+10) LCnewb is on a distinguished road. (+10) LCnewb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was in the same boat a couple weeks before Christmas. Working HARD and I had hit a plateau. I had to go out of town for a couple of weeks and ate above maintenance and had little opportunity to get a lot of workout time in. I'd put on a couple pounds when I got home and hit the diet and gym and watched the pounds drop fast. I'm now a believer in the refeed during a long cut when you hit a stubborn plateau.

I also relate with the never shrinking stomach and love handles in my case. You have the right attitude and I'm sure you will start dropping again soon.

tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tomrose9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    First of all I think scales suck and are the number one reason dieters say the hell with it.I started last June at 290.My normal weight was always around 185 and really fit.Thats what 10 years of smoking,drinking and only exersize was a sprint from the couch to the fridge.I'm 54.and have a pretty physical job.I just weighed and at 218 I've geen stuck for six weeks.I eat 1700-2000 cal.I tried real low carb for the last two weeks but when Ihit the weights my energy is GONE fast.I've been living on chicken breasts oats cottage cheese walnuts and blueberries and MetRx whey.I never cheat.I lift three -four times a week.My strenth is drasticly improving all the time,but I just can't hold up.NOW for the main question.My pantssize has went from a tight 44'' to a loose 38.Shirt 3xl to loose xl.BUT my waist measure at the navel is stuck at 40''.I feel leaner everywhere but my overhang really weighs on my mind.Do some areas decrease before others?My shoulders arms and legs are really getting muscular.When I look in the mirror in a tank top with veins showing and muscles i haven'seen before I think DAMN:then I take off the shirt and the GUT ruins it all.I'm not giving up no matter what.Sorry for the long post,just felt discouraged this morning.I think I need to re-vamp my diet with some veggies and up my cardio.You guys are really an inspiration and a helluva lot of knowledge.Thanks

kkeesy,

When you say you are avoiding carbs do you take a pre workout supplement before training? Such as V Max Pump or NO Explode?

If you are finding you have no energy on little carbs, I recommend you invest in one of these supplements. They will give you the energy for an intense session despite the little amount of carbs.

Phd VMax Pump is the one I use and I find it great value for money, I have never used NO Explode as its quite expensive, but many rate the product.

You should try one of these and see how you get on. Also out of interest could you post what your average diet would look like? Don't be to specific.

Also how much training are you doing? PM me for more info.

Cheers
    Tom
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhh budaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy

Olympic Lifter.

86 kgs at Aug 13...
    61 kgs at May 14
    62 kgs at Sept 14

25 kgs of fat lost. Now time to GROW!

Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks guys,In the back of my mind i think I know this is true,but it helps to hear it from others that know.When you get to my age you just wan't quick results like when you were younger.Damn the years fly by.
    Have the years felt like theyve flown by? Time goes by so fast.

I know this is off topic, but could you give any advice about life for someone my age to know? anything at all, not necessarily about dieting.

Supp Free: Seriously Talawandaballa's Avatar
    Talawandaballa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talawandaballa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talawandaballa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talawandaballa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talawandaballa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talawandaballa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talawandaballa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talawandaballa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talawandaballa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talawandaballa will become famous soon enough. (+50) Talawandaballa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dude **** the scales. I never look at my weight. It's pointless.. Who cares about how much you weigh.. The more imporant thing is how you look/feel.. My weight doesn't tell me how much muscle or fat I have. Just a pointless number.
    ذربايجان ديلی MISC Strength Crew ذربايجان ديلی

"Well i already did some prohormones. i actually weight like 142 now."

Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tazkia has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Talawandaballa View Post
    Dude **** the scales. I never look at my weight. It's pointless.. Who cares about how much you weigh.. The more imporant thing is how you look/feel.. My weight doesn't tell me how much muscle or fat I have. Just a pointless number.
    Helps for ppl trying to lose weight bcus then u can tell if youre doing the right thing or if youve hit a brick wall, i think that may even apply to ppl tryin to gain muscle, but theyd probably check their weight once a month, where as someone on a diet would check their weight once a week or once a fortnight

AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlexMR is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OP,

If you are 218pounds and have a very physical job and exercise too, then 1700 calories is just too few. You shouldnt be feeling very good.

I started a fat loss jjournney again last month and in my first month I only lost 6.5 pounds, when I was actually aiming to lose more than 12. I was trying to get to a 2k calories deficit every day, which isnt all that hard for me at 280pounds and with a lot of movement at work, and weightlifting 5 days a week. Problem is last week I started to feel a little weak, and it was the total opposite for the previous 4-5 weeks, when I was feeling stronger than ever, and my energy levels were amazing. After I started eating considerably more, I am feeling much better and I havent measured yet, but I feel muscles are fuller and somehow I see myself even looking better. I am convinced I wasnt eating enough to sustain a healthy fat loss for the long time i require.

I would suggest you start checking your macros, and get a decent amount of carbs in your diet, avoiding the simple ones the most you can. Carbs are necessary. I've read from some of the top coachs that the ratio that seems to work for more people for the most time is 40:40:20. If you are losing weight and the belly fat stays the same that iis a bad sign. Wherever you look at it is a bad sign. It could be a pre-diabetic condition, insulin resistance, and/or simply that you are not going through a body recomposition but losing muscle and body fat at a rate that keeps your BF%, which should be the metric of your progress, the same even after losing weight.

Good luck. You've made great progress so far! Keep at it!
    My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4249583

caseykaldal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caseykaldal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caseykaldal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, your body does lose fat in different areas. It sounds like you are doing well. Just keep it up.

Cheers,

Casey Kaldal

www.AdviceForPersonalTrainers.com | www.RockStarFitnessJobs.com
    Online resource dedicated to the success of fitness professionals. Topics ranging from health and nutrition to fitness marketing, courses, salaries and job opportunities.

Thanks guys for all the input.I've changed breakfast to oats with whey and 1/4 cup of walnuts.Through the day I eat four small meals of grilled chicken with raw broccoli.I've changes my pre-wo shake to MetRx 22g carbs and added 1/2 cup of oats.I'm really sensitive to any stimulants.But the last couple of nights I took a 16oz Diet Mt Dew and drank it thrrough the work out and the combination of all this really made a huge difference.I gave my scales to a guy I don't like.

Originally Posted by Tazkia View Post
    Have the years felt like theyve flown by? Time goes by so fast.

I know this is off topic, but could you give any advice about life for someone my age to know? anything at all, not necessarily about dieting.
    If I was 26 and knew what I know now,I would go back to school and learn to do something I like.I went to work two days out of high school in 73 and have been there ever since.I made 36,000 this year which isn't much.Plus being stuck at a job that I've really grown tired of.My daugter 26 and my son 35 both went through college and are making well over 100,000 each,and doing something they love.

tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50) tryingtofocus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you have become stuck at the weight you are at now it is either due to starving yourself or eating basically at maintenance.

I log everything down on fitday.com. It has helped me immensely! I don't even eat as clean as you do and still losing weight as I am on my deficit.

If you are starving yourself due to too little of calories then eat at maintenance to try and give your body a break and then go back into a deficit.

And off-topic, just heard that the Cleveland Cavs picked up Antwaan Jamison. Woot! I am a big cavs fan.
    Current Stack
    iForce fanatic!
    Trutein fanatic!
    Controlled Labs fanatic!

Trutein Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup
    Gold Feast-Watermelon
    Orange Triad
    ON Fish oil
    White Flood-Watermelon
    iForce HemaVol-Lemon Drop
    NOW Vit
    NOW Green Extract
    AllMax-Creatine
    AllMax-Glutamine
    Xtend-Sour Lemon-Lime

What I can't get in with Supp's, I get in with food....;)

Reds the new green.....