ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000)

Muscle twitching that won't stop

My right deltoid won't stop twitching. I mean people are noticing it and asking "what's wrong with your shoulder". It's very annoying and it's been doing this for like 3 weeks now. I've had muscle twitching that lasted for a few hours, but not this long.

Has anybody had prolonged muscle twitching, where you can visibly see your muscles twitching beneath the skin? What can you do to stop it?

is epalhs spelt backward shlape's Avatar
    shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50) shlape will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ntallyfl View Post
    What can you do to stop it?
    Just some rumoured remedies, which I've tried but the jury's out whether they really helped.
    I was told you can help relieve the muscle twitches with supplementing magnesium. Also, I've heard dehydration can cause the twitches too. Are you getting enough fluids?

Just some food for thought.
    "All I ask is a chance to prove money can't make me happy" - Woody's Chalkboard

henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For what its worth..

I take lyrica because of a neck injury that makes my shoulder and arm hurt, it deadens the nerves, I tried to quit taking it once and I had constant muscle twitching . Maybe you could get lyrica for a short time to help it stop, but you should probly have a doctor check and see what the true cause of the twitch is.

Sounds like a pinched nerve to me, a anti inflammatory may help you, swelling may be putting pressure on a nerve.
    My Home Made Gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172198

STOPPED SMOKING 3/3/10 (3 paks a day)

Jan 17/2010 weight 272#
    Feb 8 ...................259#
    March 3rd...............250#
    April17th.................240#
    May 18th................230#
    June 19th................220#
    July 20th................215#
    WEIGHT GOAL IS APROX 160

acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If the twitching hasn't stopped and three weeks has gone by, it might be time for a visit to the Doctor.

ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000) ntallyfl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for all your comments. It's still going at it. I am not sure why, but I chopped some fire wood and it stopped.

Let's see how long it lasts.

henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) henry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it may have just been a cramped muscle, the wood chopping may have worked it out.

a some what similar story..

my back has been broken twice , sometimes if I twist to far to the right, I get a cramp from the center of my back going around my body and through the chest, it can last for months, its so bad it takes your breath away and doubles you over.

I too was split some firewood during a period of having these cramps and all at once I had a horrible pain in my chest, it dropped me to my knees, scared the h@ll out of me, I thought I was having a heart attack.

I forced myself to stand up , and boom just like that the cramp was gone and I felt perfect.I guess the swinging of the axe stretched me out enough to relief the muscle strain.

am glad your doing better, if your like me the twitch may come back in a day or so but much lighter, just do some stretches for that body part, and dont overload it for awhile.

maybe wood splitting should be a pre-workout routine j/k
    Last edited by henry; 02-14-2010 at 03:35 AM. Reason: my bad spelling
    My Home Made Gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172198

STOPPED SMOKING 3/3/10 (3 paks a day)

Jan 17/2010 weight 272#
    Feb 8 ...................259#
    March 3rd...............250#
    April17th.................240#
    May 18th................230#
    June 19th................220#
    July 20th................215#
    WEIGHT GOAL IS APROX 160

sandman_121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

cramping

Originally Posted by henry View Post
    it may have just been a cramped muscle, the wood chopping may have worked it out.

a some what similar story..

my back has been broken twice , sometimes if I twist to far to the right, I get a cramp from the center of my back going around my body and through the chest, it can last for months, its so bad it takes your breath away and doubles you over.

I too was split some firewood during a period of having these cramps and all at once I had a horrible pain in my chest, it dropped me to my knees, scared the h@ll out of me, I thought I was having a heart attack.

I forced myself to stand up , and boom just like that the cramp was gone and I felt perfect.I guess the swinging of the axe stretched me out enough to relief the muscle strain.

am glad your doing better, if your like me the twitch may come back in a day or so but much lighter, just do some stretches for that body part, and dont overload it for awhile.

maybe wood splitting should be a pre-workout routine j/k
    I was getting bad cramps I started drinking a lot of Gateraid and cut back on my cycle of Decca and the cramps went away

otey21712 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otey21712 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otey21712 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otey21712 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) otey21712 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have muscle twitching that lasts for weeks, but it's caused by my multiple sclerosis.

snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Last summer when I was running 22-25 MPW I had a fairly significant amount of twitching in my quad. I looked it up, and one of the symptons that I read was fatigue. Granted, it was nothing like what you described, but it was noticable. How hard have you been training?

samsonhsoj is on a distinguished road. (+10) samsonhsoj is on a distinguished road. (+10) samsonhsoj is on a distinguished road. (+10) samsonhsoj is on a distinguished road. (+10) samsonhsoj is on a distinguished road. (+10) samsonhsoj is on a distinguished road. (+10) samsonhsoj is on a distinguished road. (+10) samsonhsoj is on a distinguished road. (+10) samsonhsoj is on a distinguished road. (+10) samsonhsoj is on a distinguished road. (+10) samsonhsoj is on a distinguished road. (+10)

No way!

The same thing is happening to me. I just Googled "muscle twitch" because my right deltoid wont stop twitching. It hasn't been three weeks but is going 36 hours. Really annoying problem.
    God made muscles...

Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000) Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000) Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000) Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000) Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000) Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000) Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000) Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000) Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000) Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000) Caesura75 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by samsonhsoj View Post
    The same thing is happening to me. I just Googled "muscle twitch" because my right deltoid wont stop twitching. It hasn't been three weeks but is going 36 hours. Really annoying problem.
    It's BFS. Very, very common. I get it a lot in my upper body, and it's particularly noticeable just above my elbows in the evening. Here's a doc discussing it in a simple language:

www .dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2090851/Ask-doctor-Dont-fret-legs-twitching.html

You'll have to close the space after the w's to get it to work.

The only time to consider further tests are if:

1. You feel that the affected muscle is also getting weaker
    2. You notice any atrophy in the muscle
    3. The twitching doesn't stop when you start using it (it generally will)

There's a psychological issue with this too, in that the more you think about it, the more aware of it you become. Once you're assured it's nothing to worry about, you tend to switch off and not notice it as much.
    Accept difference. Not indifference.