adamsaa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamsaa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamsaa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamsaa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamsaa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamsaa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamsaa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamsaa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamsaa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamsaa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamsaa29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

NASM HELP For everyone that needs it!

I am seeing alot of post with people needin help with NASM, it took me three attempts and i finally passed end of January.In my studies I found some good information that really helped me. this post may be a little long but trust me the information will help if you are serious about getting your NASM CERT.

Link to Help with the Anatomy: hfpn.com/anatomy-library-cid-1481.html

As for nutrition/supplementation, verify you know the following information- it seems you almost always get tested on these:

1. How many quarts and oz. are recommended per day for water intake
    2. How many calories per gram of carbohydrate, protein, and fat
    3. Role of fiber and daily recommendation
    4. Benefits of water intake
    5. Recommended percentage of proteins, carbs, and fats per day (for example, you should not go above 30% of your total calories coming from fat)
    6. Difference between essential amino acids and nonessential amino acids
    7. Know the eight essential amino acids
    8. Examples of monosaccharides
    9. Examples of disaccharides
    10. Difference between monounsaturated, polyunsaturated, and saturated fats (also know examples)
    11. Nutritional recommendations for hypertrophy clients and weight loss clients
    12. Vitamins that are harmful in large quantities

A breakdown of what you should know from each chapter:

CHAPTER 1:
    The 3 blocks in the OPT Model.

CHAPTER 2:
    -Parts of the neuron
    -Muscle Spindles/GTO
    -Mechanoreceptors
    -Muscle Fibers and Their Contractile Elements Pages 31-35

CHAPTER 3
    -Blood Page 43
    -Functions of the Heart Table 3.1 Page 43 -Ventricles -Structure of the Respiratory Pump Table 3.3 Page 47 -Aerobic VS Anaerobic Page 51

CHAPTER 4
    -Planes, Motions and Axes Table 4.1 Page 61 -Muscle Action Spectrum Table 4.2 Page 68 -Know which muscles accelerate and decelerate plantar flexion and dorsiflexion -DON’T GET TOO ABSORBED ON THE MUSCLES PAGES 68-86, but good to know.

CHAPTER 5
    -PAR-Q
    -Subjective VS Objective
    -Beta Blockers
    -Circumference measurements can also be used to calculate body fat. Page 114 -The 3 Heart Rate Zones -Shark Skill Test Page 130 -Upper and Lower Body Strength Assessment Pages 131-132

CHAPTER 6
    -Neuromuscular Efficiency Page 141
    -Relative Flexibility Page 142
    -Altered Reciprocal Inhibition Page 144
    -Synergistic Dominance Page 144
    -Arthrokinematics Page 144
    -Know each of the Static, Active, Dynamic Stretching -***MEMORIZE AND UNDERSTAND PAGE 169***I had 6-8 questions

CHAPTER 7
    -FITTE Pages 179-180
    -EPOC Page 183
    -Law of Thermo Page 182
    -RER and HR Zones Table 7.9 Page 184
    -Circuit Training Page 189

CHAPTER 8
    -Muscles of the Core Table 8.1 Page 199
    -Know each of the core exercises for Stability, Strength, and Power

CHAPTER 9
    -Integrated Performance Paradigm Page 220 -How to progress and regress balance training
    - Know each of the balance exercises for Stability, Strength, and Power

CHAPTER 10
    ***Probable research question. KNOW THE DEFINITION OF PLYOMETRICS in glossary. I wouldn’t have gotten this answer correctly without the knowledge from my current training with my CPT.
    -Rate of Force Production
    - Know each of the reactive exercises for Stability, Strength, and Power

CHAPTER 11
    -Frontside and Backside Mechanics Pages 260-261
    - Know each of the SAQ exercises for Stability, Strength, and Power

CHAPTER 12
    -Adaptation Pages 272-276
    -Strength Page 277
    -The 3 strength phases
    -Resistance-Training Systems Table 12.3 Page 281 -Strength Endurance uses SUPER SET. STABLE followed by UNSTABLE.
    - Know each of the strength exercises for Stability, Strength, and Power ( Progress and Regress)

CHAPTER 13
    -MEMORIZE the acute variables Table 13.1 Page 328!! This is the only focus you will need for the exam in terms of the number of sets, reps, intensity. Ignore the acute variables in the study guide that focuses on balance, core, and SAQ if you are short on time. But they are good to know, I memorized them anyway… -Volume VS Intensity -Bullet points for REST INTERVALS page 332 -Bullet points for TRAINING VOLUME Page 333 -And of course applying the OPT Model…

CHAPTER 14
    -Don’t get too absorbed with the acute variables for each special population. Focus on SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS

CHAPTER 15
    -Page 421 Protein. 8 Essential came up. 4 calories per gram.
    -Protein Recommendations Table 15.2Page 426 MEMORIZE!
    -Mono VS Disaccharides Page 429 KNOW EACH OF THEM!
    -Carbs 50-70% of diet
    -Fat 9 calories per gram. 10-15% of diet.
    -Water 96 ounces/3 quarts

CHAPTER 16
    Don’t recall getting any questions in this chapter.

CHAPTERS 17-18
    It seemed like I got many questions in these 2 chapters for some reason.
    -Vision, Strategy (SCAMPI), Belief, Persistence, and Learning -Root cause -Networks of excellence -R.E.A.D.
    -55% Physiology 7% Words 38% Tone of Voice -Direct VS NON-Direct questions -Features VS Benefits Page 486

CPR STEPS

================================================== ======

Overhead squat/pushing assessment/fitness assessment. a lot of questions are based around this. study chapter 5. know it like the back of your hand

nutrition (macronutrients and their daily amounts and cals they yield. fat soluble vitamins, etc)

basic professional development

program design (progressions, regressions, foam roll, alternating arms, dynadisc, 2 legs stable, one leg stable, 2 legs, 1 leg. a lot of quesitons like this to. know the difference in stabilization exercies, strength exercises, and power exercises. know the difference in the types of core and flexibility training

Know the heart. which chamber does what.

know what an example of a monnosaccharide is (fructose)

know the innermost layer of the heart

ACUTE VARIBALES. know EVERY one of these. sets, reps, intensity, etc.

know the muscles of the movement and stabilization system

know the basics of special population

main chapters to master:
    3,5,12,13,6,8,15,16. also know the nutrition and professional development chapters, sorry forgot their number.