DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Dr_P reviews Muscletech Nanox9 Hardcore

SUPPLEMENT FACTS

180 Caplets
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size3Caplets
    Servings Per Container60

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

naNOX9? Hardcore Proprietary Blend (Featuring Nano-Diffuse? Technology) 3,733mg ?

L-Arginine - Xanthinol Nicotinate
    L-Arginine Ketoisocaproic Acid - Yohimbine HCl
    L-Arginine Taurinate - Idebenone
    L-Arginine Hexanoate - Theobroma Cacao Extract (Seed)

Previous experiences with NO-Products
    - Dymatize Xpand (3 tubs)
    - NO Xplode (sample packs)
    - Bulk L-arginine

Evaluation of the formula

1. Arginine and arginine-salts
    Nanox Hardcore contains 4 different forms of l-arginine: plain l-arginine, l-arginine-ketoisocaproate, l-arginine taurinate, l-arginine hexanoate.
    In my estimation, (better: guesstimate) NanoX9 hardcore might contain around 2.0 g of arginine per serving (3 caplets).

what role do the different forms might play?

i am no chemist, so I can only make some non-professional guesses: it is not clear to me whether and to what degree the arginine-salts (ketoisocaproate, taurinate) might improve/accelerate absorption of arginine. I assume that these salts will get dissolved (and the bond between arginine and ketosiocaproate and taurine, respectively) got broken in the intestine. taurine is traditionally used to improve cell hydration and ketoisocaproic acid might have direct ergogenic (performance-improving) effects, as suggested by the positive impact on the number of repetitions in the GAKIC study.

A very interesting form of arginine is its hexanoate ester. Hexanoate is the ester-form of caproic acid, a C5-fatty acid. By that, arginine-hexanoate might get some lipophilic properties, similar to arginine-ethyl-ester. in comparison the to ethyl-ester form, hexanoate ester should be substantially much more lipohilic. this might possibly result in an increased half-life, ultimately leading to a (longer) protection of the arginine molecule from rapid degradation through arginase. this might result in higher arginine levels when compared to the effects from plain arginine. However, please note that I am no chemist and that the above considerations are merely speculative.

2. Xanthinol nicotinate (XN)
    XN is a derivative of niacine (nicotnic acid) and xanthinol. there is a bunch of studies showing its vasodilatory, antithrombotic, anti-platelet, and nootropic effects. it has been suggested that XN acts via multiple mechanisms, some of which are release of endogenous prostacycline and niric oxide as well as increase of intracellular cAMP.

3. Idebenone
    Idebenone is an analogue of Coenzyme Q10 and is claimed to have antioxidative and nootropic properties. its antioxidative properties might possibly help to alleviate NO oxidation and thus help to prevent the rapid deactivation of NO and prolong its vasodilatory effects. However, this inference is just my personal speculation.

4. Theobroma cacao extract
    Personally, I suspect the theobroma cacao extract to be one of the most important parts of the NanoX9 HArdcore formula, beside xanthinolnicotinate. It is not stated to which fractions this extract has been standardized, so this part is pure speculation. However, as we all know, theobroma cacao contains xanthine derivates (e.g. theophylline). theophylline is a non-selecitve PDE inhibitor and has been found to have vasodilating properties (see for example: Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1998 Mar;54(1):35-9).

5. yohimbine-hcl
    yohombine is a selective alpha-2 receptor antagonist. however, while this effect alone might result in vasoconstriction (by increasing norepinephrine release), yohimbine is said to also bind to several serotonin receptor subtypes, the antagonisation of which will ultimately result in vasodilation. ancedotally, yohimbine is used to treat erectile dysfunction, however, with varying success.

Personal experience
    Well, I am on my third day taking Nanox9 Hardcore. There are several rreasons why I choosed it:
    - First of all, I was curious to see how the Nr.1 selling NO-product actually works (in me).
    - Then, I was intrigued by the formula: it is stimulant free (no added caffeine, no amphetamine derivates), which is a very important point for me, as I don't tolerate stimulants very well. Moreover, I was curious to see how a formula will work that is NOT loaded with too much of arginine. As I have already explained, IMO, Nanox9 Hardcore appears to have no more than 2g of arginine per dose. therefore, its effects will most probably rely on a strong additive effect from the other (non-arginine) constituents, or even from a synergy between the different ingredients.

Now, how did it work?

To put it in one simple and short sentence: It worked exceptionally well!!!
    This stuff is effective, without any doubts. It is significantly more effective than plain /bulk arginine (which I have plenty of experience with) and, IIRC, it is also definitively stronger than Dymatize Xpand (with regards to pumps).
    I can't make a reliable comparison with NO-Xplode, because of the massive amounts of caffeine in the latter product, which certainly skews/biases the perception (or "feeling") one gets from such a product. However, I am inclined to say that the pump effect from NanoX Hardcore is superior than that from NO-Xplode.

Now, here is something what is very special about Nanox Hardcore and the very reason I decided to write a review on it:

This stuff is DEFINITIVELY a STRONG nootropic. Just a small dose of it (2 caps) such radically improved my focus for at least 3-4 hours, that I felt like in a mentally altered state - in the most positive sense!!! focus/ concentration was insane! My guess is that the nootropic effects from xanthinolnicotinate / idebenone and speculatively also from xanthines (my guess: theophylline) derived from theobroma cacao contributed mostly to this effect.
    Another point to mention is that this stuff actually works from the very first dose. Something that I definitively did not expect.

CONS
    The caplets a pretty big and sometimes a bit hard to swallow down. However, this is not a big deal.
    The caplets do also need to be stored in a strictly dry place, as they utilize a special technology that let's them "explode" when they get in contact with moisture/water. This is done by purpose in order to accelerate dissolution in the stomach and to reduce absorbtion time.

CONCLUSION
    Although the prize is pretty high, I can say that Nanox Hardcore is easily the most effective non-stimulant pre-workout- /NO-supplement I have tried so far. The pumps are substantial and they occur almost instantaneously. Its nootropic effect is an invaluable bonus that makes it a nice product to enhance learning/focus/studying.

I can only recommend this product!
    Last edited by DR_P; 03-29-2009 at 06:18 AM.

huge908 is just really nice. (+1000) huge908 is just really nice. (+1000) huge908 is just really nice. (+1000) huge908 is just really nice. (+1000) huge908 is just really nice. (+1000) huge908 is just really nice. (+1000) huge908 is just really nice. (+1000) huge908 is just really nice. (+1000) huge908 is just really nice. (+1000) huge908 is just really nice. (+1000) huge908 is just really nice. (+1000)
    For me it didnt hit that hard I actully prefered MRI NO2 Black. But supplements effect everyone differently, but Awesome review man.
    -HitTheRack.net-

DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mattc908 View Post
    For me it didnt hit that hard I actully prefered MRI NO2 Black. But supplements effect everyone differently, but Awesome review man.
    thanks. yes, you are right, everyone reacts differently to supplements. Personally, I was overwhelmed by the incredible nootropic effect it had in me, which let me write this small review.
    Last edited by DR_P; 03-29-2009 at 09:17 AM.

TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Interesting. I'm getting a sample with an order I just made. Actually looking forward to it because the formula looks solid!

Originally Posted by TTewell View Post
    Interesting. I'm getting a sample with an order I just made. Actually looking forward to it because the formula looks solid!
    as a little update: a bit of vitamin C (500 - 1000 mg) + some grape seed extract (100-200 mg) along with Nanox Hardcore notably further improve muscular pumps.

Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DR_P View Post
    as a little update: a bit of vitamin C (500 - 1000 mg) + some grape seed extract (100-200 mg) along with Nanox Hardcore notably further improve muscular pumps.
    Do you mean because vitamim c can prolong the effects of NO referrenced here? J Biol Chem. 2001 Jan 5;276(1):40-7

PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PaintPir is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This did nothing for me, even at double the dosage, and I got 7 bottles for free that are hanging around

Originally Posted by PaintPir View Post
    This did nothing for me, even at double the dosage, and I got 7 bottles for free that are hanging around
    hmmm, send those bottles to me, i love that stuff.

on a serious note: what other N.O. products have you tried and how do you rate them in terms of effectivity?

TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000) TTewell is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I always thought anti-oxidants were included in NO products to prevent free radical damage that NO supps may induce. Do they also increase blood flow?

BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I liked this stuff as well. They sent out a free sample pack a while ago, and it was the best product in it's class IMO.

Originally Posted by TTewell View Post
    I always thought anti-oxidants were included in NO products to prevent free radical damage that NO supps may induce. Do they also increase blood flow?

natural NO-precursors (at usual doses) won't cause any free radical damage that could not be handled by body's own anti-ox systems.

IMO it is indeed the oxidation of NO that limits vasorelaxation. By preventing NO-oxidation you can improve / increase / prolong vasodilation effects.

BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    natural NO-precursors (at usual doses) won't cause any free radical damage that could not be handled by body's own anti-ox systems.
    Agreed, any free radical groups formed from a NO-precursor would only last a very short time in the body.

IMO it is indeed the oxidation of NO that limits vasorelaxation. By preventing NO-oxidation you can improve / increase / prolong vasodilation effects.
    Kind of off topic but speaking of NO products, is P-bol going to be released soon? I'd love to review it when it does come out. Even though I'm still a powerlifter at heart, I've come to appreciate a pump so good I can't move my arms

frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) frankie7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DR_P,

Try MRI NO2 Black

mlupone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mlupone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mlupone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mlupone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mlupone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mlupone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mlupone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mlupone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mlupone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mlupone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mlupone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by frankie7 View Post
    DR_P,

Try MRI NO2 Black
    I have tried naNOX9, Altered State and MRI NO2 and believe naNOX9 worked best for me.

I am now going to give naNOX9 Hardcore a try.

ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZDub212 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 2Burnt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nice to see you review this product. i tried it and dont really have a full opinion on it. looking to try it again, and yeah, those pills are huge
    "2Burnt takes AlphaMax to the Max" log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157974513&p=1170521023#post1170521023

<<PH/DS Family Member 3rd cousin once removed>>

Don't expect a supplement company to wipe your ass for you, only YOU know what you eat, which pre you take, and how much folic acid you intake daily. Supplement accordingly.-POISON