Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Cvand1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cvand1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cvand1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cvand1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cvand1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cvand1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cvand1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cvand1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cvand1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cvand1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cvand1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks!!

GriffOGriff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MaxwellGuns View Post
    Similar to what Goose102 said above...

I just got the 2012 edition of the NASM CPT Textbook and there are some differences in this study guide and the text.
    This is an excellent study guide, quite indispensable really, but the new textbook has some new concepts.

1. In the 2012 textbook, Chapter 4 [Exercise Metabolism & Bioenergetics] is not in the notes.
    2. In the text, Ch. 11 (Ch. 10 in the notes) has a much more in depth discussion of plyometrics, specifically the three phases: eccentric, amortization, and concentric. Also, the text goes over how to design a plyometric training program.
    3. Ch. 14 in text (ch. 13 in notes) is mostly the same, but obviously more in depth and includes visual aids.
    4. Ch. 15 in the textbook is not in the notes. This chapter is Intro to Exercise Modalities.
    5. Ch. 16 is then Ch 14 in the notes.
    6. Ch. 17 & 18 have much more in the text that the notes doesn't cover.
    7. Lastly, the appendices are also obviously not in the study guide.

In conclusion, I have still been reading the study guide everyday and love it. But, I would still utilize the textbook for the missing pieces if nothing else.
    Thank you to the OP and thanks Maxwell for clarifying this difference between the 3rd and 4th edition books and this study guide! You must have been studying hard to make these comparisons. That's great! BTW I have been a lurker on this site for YEARS but just joined now so I could say thanks for this clarification.

Reynolds1491 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Thank You

This is a very well organized good of notes that is very helpful when studying. Thank you very much.

www.thehealthygamer.com AntiGlobalist's Avatar
    AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AntiGlobalist has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Passed the test today! Woohoo
    11B, NASM CPT, CFL1

**Are you a gamer who lifts? Then you need to follow my Healthy Gaming Channel:**
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HappyJacksChannel
    http://www.TheHealthyGamer.com

★★ Hiking 2,189 miles from Georgia to Maine on the Appalachian Trail 2016 follow on IG instagram.com/jackjoneshg and at thejourney.co ★★

LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoneStarr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AntiGlobalist View Post
    Congrats. I am taking mine tomorrow. Also been studying for the PES on the side.

LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ****in' sweet, man! Congratulations. Now comes the fun part! I don't care what anyone else says, if you don't wear a button-down shirt to an interview, you are fail.
    You give something up for everything you gain

LateralusRok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LateralusRok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LateralusRok has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by LostLlama View Post
    ****in' sweet, man! Congratulations. Now comes the fun part! I don't care what anyone else says, if you don't wear a button-down shirt to an interview, you are fail.
    hmm I would say it depends. if they ask for casual and you walk in with a suit I have heard of places very against that.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good for you brother.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

IsaacBankman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IsaacBankman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IsaacBankman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IsaacBankman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IsaacBankman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IsaacBankman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IsaacBankman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IsaacBankman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IsaacBankman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IsaacBankman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IsaacBankman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How many questions are on the test???
    Is there any crib notes for the test somewhere?

rocK2264 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bro_Results/Tony- Wow thanks for the notes!!! Congrats to all that passed! Taking the test in a couple of weeks, this helps alot.

lilmanthatcould- Congrats on passing! Thanks for the pointers!

MaxwellGuns- Thanks for noting differences in book editions!

mtnmvr & carlosquiros- What's on page 169? My edition has flexibility training concepts?

anyone who took the test- It's been a while since I've been in school. What format is the test? Handwritten? Scantron (do they still use that?)? Oral? Via Computer? Thanks!

jimftc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey does anybody know if these notes still apply to the test as of 6/29/14? I'm just studying using the NASM 14 day free trial and the notes the OP put up. Also, what is table 7.12? Someone told me this table was super important but I can't access it in my study materials. Hopefully I pass without having to buy all the bells and whistles of the usual NASM package

PS Notes are very good. It covers like 90% of the content on the NASM 14 day free trial.

Vegan944 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks so much Bro_Results. Getting ready to take my NASM cpt exam in a month. This is great!

amlolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hello
    i need notes nasm

MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is an awesome resource, thanks. How was everyone done using this grade wise? Cause I plan on just going thru it front to back even though I have done the NASM cert for mma conditioning figured this will be just more complimentary info.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by amlolo View Post
    hello
    i need notes nasm
    You need the will to study and learn the material the right way is what you need.

Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000) Photoglady is a name known to all. (+5000)

Some years later, however I think this will be useful

Thank you!

Kbusiness916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kbusiness916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kbusiness916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kbusiness916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kbusiness916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kbusiness916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kbusiness916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kbusiness916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kbusiness916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kbusiness916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kbusiness916 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Will someone share the NASM DVD's please??? (link if possible). My exam is coming up soon and I want to have everything ready. Also, thanks for the study guide man. Id appreciate it if someone is feeling generous, it would help out alot. Thank you in advance

Originally Posted by Kbusiness916 View Post
    Will someone share the NASM DVD's please??? (link if possible). My exam is coming up soon and I want to have everything ready. Also, thanks for the study guide man. Id appreciate it if someone is feeling generous, it would help out alot. Thank you in advance
    Did you pay for anything? It sounds as though you got everything for free.