Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Not a True Scotsman BRO_RESULTS's Avatar
    BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000) BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000) BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000) BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000) BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000) BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000) BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000) BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000) BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000) BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000) BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000)

Study Guide for the NASM test...

Here is a Word document with everything you need to know on the test. Yes it is that easy.

(for those without "word" programs, I added a .pdf file ctgblue)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ctgblue; 09-24-2010 at 06:31 AM.

W1zdom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) W1zdom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) W1zdom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) W1zdom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) W1zdom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) W1zdom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) W1zdom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) W1zdom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) W1zdom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) W1zdom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) W1zdom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just started studying myself, repped for being amazing =o
    giggity.

Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So, is this a rundown of what to study more of or the only things that are actually are on the exam?

This looks like the outlines I've been writing on my black and white notebook

thanks,repped
    if your guns are bigger than your neck, you've got a problem

caseykaldal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caseykaldal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caseykaldal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What complaints are people making?

Cheers,

Casey Kaldal

www.AdviceForPersonalTrainers.com | www.RockStarFitnessJobs.com
    Online resource dedicated to the success of fitness professionals. Topics ranging from health and nutrition to fitness marketing, courses, salaries and job opportunities.

Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Billy_Gunn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

"What complaints are people making?"

Stupid people taking the exam, failing, complaining and making it seem as if it is really difficult or rocket science

extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Billy_Gunn View Post

Stupid people taking the exam, failing, complaining and making it seem as if it is really difficult or rocket science
    WAit... you guys aren't building rockets with NASM?

Oops, got it confused with NASA
    [Fat Loss|Nutrition|www.MRTIMOTHYLEE.com|Training|ContestPrep]

tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tubby2hunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BRO_RESULTS View Post
    Here is a Word document with everything you need to know on the test. Yes it is that easy.
    yep
    Last edited by tubby2hunny; 02-15-2010 at 02:57 PM.
    ha ha NEG me!!

ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer

NESTA MMA Conditioning Coach Certified

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey man, aren't you the guy that tried to sell me those cheap Ukranian Kettlebells? [Ukranian because they're "almost" Russian]
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    Hey man, aren't you the guy that tried to sell me those cheap Ukranian Kettlebells? [Ukranian because they're "almost" Russian]
    that's funny, hey BRO , I always think of "The Situation" for some reason when I look at your avatar, the shirt and the pose

BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000) BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000) BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000) BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000) BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000) BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000) BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000) BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000) BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000) BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000) BRO_RESULTS is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    That might have been my evil twin, PRO RESULTS

that's funny, hey BRO , I always think of "The Situation" for some reason when I look at your avatar, the shirt and the pose
    Elaborate, please? I just googled "the situation" and got back a bunch of results about that show with those stupid gypsies.

HEY I COME FROM THE UKRAINE YOU NO SAY UKRAINE WEAK!

...yeah well we're playing a game here

UKRAINE IS GAME TO YOU?!?! WELL HOW BOUT I TAKE YOUR LITTLE BOARD AND SMASH IT!

hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hill23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Nice

The Situation

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ukraine very weak... My Crane much stronger!

The Situation
    oh snap!
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

The Situation
    The Gypsy Shore

Even guidos are embarrassed.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks man. I read the attached document, went on the NASM website, and took their sample quiz and passed. I gotta study some more before I take the real test.

Repped.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Does the NASM book come with a dvd? I just got the book today but mine didn't come with a dvd and I thought one was included with the text.

extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BigToddy View Post
    Does the NASM book come with a dvd? I just got the book today but mine didn't come with a dvd and I thought one was included with the text.
    Yeah, it's supposed to come with a DVD and study guide. I suggest you call them.

and to the OP, great notes. I went over it once just to review. Took my test today. AND PASSED. Whoo~
    [Fat Loss|Nutrition|www.MRTIMOTHYLEE.com|Training|ContestPrep]

BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigToddy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by extremenergy3 View Post
    Yeah, it's supposed to come with a DVD and study guide. I suggest you call them.

and to the OP, great notes. I went over it once just to review. Took my test today. AND PASSED. Whoo~
    Ok thanks. I thought the study guide had to be purchased separately but the dvd came with the book. Oh well, yeah I'll just give them a call.

jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesbondc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is there a study guide like this for ACSM HFS also?
    Official 200 Pounder

Feb 11, 09 188 lb

kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks BRO. I'm studying for the NSCA-CPT now so this will come in handy for a cross-reference review (I might end up getting the NASM cert too)

Repped

^+ROFL, that's for sure... the pass rate for the NSCA-CPT is down to 53% (was around 75% last year)... guess with people loosing their jobs a lot of idiots are trying to get their CPT cert(s) and underestimating the test(s).

On a side note, the review/study materials from NSCA are pretty impressive and thorough (especially the multimedia symposium CDs).
    You are right to be wary. There is much bull****. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Rippetoe

www.KenZenIchii.com
    www.BSRWarriors.com

Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Pain Zone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    OMG thank you so much! repped!
    @PreChewz Sponsored Athlete. The Best Chewable Pre-workout!

Natty, Umad brah? Backtothestack's Avatar
    Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500)
    taking my test the 28th, god I hope these notes help ..
    Colorblind. Reps are for the gym.

jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaklcrow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hey so would u guys say the min. program to buy would be their CPT Standard, or would the basic one with just the practice exam and test be enough with this guide?

etremblay_pt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this is great to have. thanks for posting.
    trainertremblay.blogspot.com

newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nice!

BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BodyQuest1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation

Omg...CAN YOU MAKE AN ACE VERSION PLEASE??

EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    how many exercise science questions are on the real exam? muscle/skeletal/nervous system questions?

This will be helpful for me. Right now I'm reading the entire chapter then watching the presentation. I'll prob re-read and do the study guide 2nd time around...i'm also going to start making some flash cards for when i'm at my current job. I'd like to really know everything backwards and forwards not just for the test and i think these notes will make it even easier. I might print it out and read it at work