RebornShadow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up RebornShadow - A Path of Personal Training

INTRODUCTION
    Hi There! I'm a new member here and to the gym lifestyle but first a quick background. I grew up as a youngster full of confidence and energy, dominating my early youth until the age of 13 and excelling especially at athletics. I represented my state several times at athletics until high school and had a very active lifestyle at one point involving little athletics, soccer, tennis, karate and AFL. Then when my grandparents died my family hit a dark point and I struggled to help take care of my mother out of depression. I lost focus in school and she couldn't take me to after school activities. It was a dark time and my results in school affected me greatly. I lost confidence in myself and interest in my sporty gang. Most nights we ate out or had instant meals and this along with video games for distraction are what distracted me over the years. Long story short my mother finally got back on her feet after a decade of pain and I looked deep inside to search for answers about where I wanted my life to head. I was always happiest when I was busy and active. This year at 22 I took a turning point in my life and moved out of home. I started a cert III & IV in personal training and have decided that I wish to return to university and complete Exercise and Sport Science.

Which leads me to today, why am I logging this journey? I want to inspire others to hopefully understand that it's never too late to change. That even someone in my situation who up until only recently would puke halfway through a fit test assessment can transform into the trainer you ask for help at your local gym. Many of us have been there and it isn't easy but I know what it takes in order to succeed on this path.

STATS TO DATE

STARTING STATS - July 18th, 2014 __________________________________________ LAST UPDATE STATS - August 23rd, 2014
    HEIGHT: 175cm / 69 inches

WEIGHT: 92.5kg / 204lbs __________________________________________ WEIGHT: 82.5kg / 182lbs
    BODY FAT: N/A __________________________________________ BODY FAT: Coming Soon

[A PHOTO OF MY BEFORE WILL BE EDITED IN HERE SOON]__________________________________________[A PHOTO OF TODAY WILL BE EDITED IN HERE SOON]

GOALS & PBs
    • Cut down weight to between 69kg-75kg and start first bulk around November
    • Lap Mt Panorama on a bike in under 20 minutes by the end of the year
    • Gain more confidence and knowledge about fitness & nutrition from the community

WORKOUT PROGRAM

I can't really give a specific workout plan I followed until the 18th August. I went down to 84.5kg with diet alone and walking around 8km to university, shops etc. Diet will be explained further down. This is the workout plan I followed from Monday 18th August 2014.

CURRENT PHASE - 3 Day Workout, 6 Day Cardio & 1 Rest Cycle.

WEEK ONE - Rather than injure myself early I have gone for form and lower weights. At the end of this week I feel as if many exercises are far too easy so I will be raising my weights Week 2 now that I have a better idea of strength. I won't raise my weight for another 5 weeks and instead will add exercises and reps for a total of around 10 each strength session.

MONDAY
    Barbell Bench Press - 2 sets of 8 reps: 40kg
    Bent Over Barbell Row - 2 sets of 8 reps: 20kg
    Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown - 2 sets of 8 reps: 32kg
    Leg Extension - 2 sets of 8 reps: 27kg
    Cardio - Cycling (stationary) 15 mins: 6km

TUESDAY
    I was going to do cardio on Tuesday but opted out because I listened to my body and it was quite sore after it's first workout. If you feel fine then I would have done a 30 minute cardio session.

WEDNESDAY
    Hammer Dumbbell Curl - 2 sets of 8 reps: 5.5kg
    Cardio - Rowing (machine) - 5:35 mins: 1009m

THURSDAY
    Another day I decided to rest just for this first week. It wasn't that I was really sore I just didn't want to destroy my CNS especially after a long 18km bike ride I decided to do for fun the day before. Picked up my supplements today. You could do a 30 minute cardio session if you are feeling good.

FRIDAY
    Machine Chest Press - 2 sets of 8 reps: 45kg
    Machine (sitting) Bicep Curls - 2 sets of 8 reps: 36kg
    Machine Seated Triceps Press - 2 sets of 8 reps: 81kg
    Leg Extensions - 2 sets of 8 reps: 27kg
    Cardio - Walking (treadmill) - 15 mins: 1.2km
    Cardio - Cycling (stationary) - 5:30 mins: 2km

SATURDAY
    Cardio - Walk/Run (Treadmill) - 30 mins: 2km
    Cardio - Cycling (Stationary) - 12 mins: 5km

SUNDAY
    Rest Day

NUTRITION & SUPPLEMENTS

CURRENT PHASE - Losing Weight (Cutting)
    BASE CALORIES: 1200 (Before exercise and activity to lose 1kg week)
    MACRO SPLIT: (40%) 120 Carbs - (40%) 120 Protein - (20%) 26 Fat
    TRACKING TOOLS: MyFitnessPal, Fitbit Flex

Note: Depending on how much activity there is for the day will determine how much of my nutrition plan I use below. It's also just an example and of course I am human and don't just stick to the same things everyday. Most days I eat this but on more physical days I'll eat up to 3000 like when I had my 18km bike ride and workout on the same day. I determine what to eat based on my activities through Fitbit so it saves time and confusion.

Breakfast
    500mL of Skim Milk - 182
    85g Muesli Oats - 323
    Total: 505 Calories

Shake Meal
    300mL of Skim Milk - 109
    2 scoops Bsc: Hydroxy Burn Pro Clinical Chocolate - 155
    Total: 264 Calories

Lunch
    15 Almonds - 104
    Small green apple - 78
    Yo Plain, no fat yogurt - 76
    Total: 258 Calories

Pre Workout
    200mL of Skim Milk - 73
    1 scoop of Bsc: Hydroxy Burn Pro Clinical Chocolate - 76
    Total: 149 Calories

Dinner
    2 sausages Macro Meat: Kanga Bangas (kangaroo meat) - 151
    2 slices of Raisin Toast - 193
    Total: 344 Calories

SUPPLEMENTS
    1 Blackmoore - Men's Performance Multi Vitamin
    3 capsules in the morning of Adipo-X
    Between 1-3 Natures Own - Fish Oil Double Strength capsules
    Last edited by RebornShadow; 08-23-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Final Thoughts & Future Pictures

I have tried to make this as best and easy to follow as possible. I want anyone that is keen to start to stop making the excuses and start now. Above you already have week 1 available which allowed me to shred 2kg. Start your journey together with me! There will be challenges, maybe injuries and I might even split my pants one more time on the way. However I will take life as it comes and take the first step. I want to inspire others to do the same and change lives.

reserved for easy access to my future workout updates

reserved for easy access to future nutrition and supplement logs

Now I'm done. That took awhile to edit wow. I'm off to the gym to start saturday's workout. I'll try and have pictures up tonight as well as measurements for my body fat % (if I can find a tape around otherwise tomorrow)

New fresh week. This week I'm determined too hit 10,000 steps or more everyday. I hit 72,000 last week but had days where I sat and did nothing despite feeling fine. Todays my rest day but my body feels fine so I'm off to do some more steps. Definitely increasing the weight this week as this Adipo-X gives me so much more energy that I find it stupidly easy to lift now.