Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    We make PROGRESS happen! Bronzebird's Avatar
    Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In for the homeland training!
    Send a friend to invite on ********--> Marty Tolmich/Personal Trainer

My video are at https://www.********.com/pages/Action-Fitness-LLC/219746674743053

britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Training kicks off again tomorrow - using Stefan the policeman as my greyhound i intend to try and get to 90 kilos and get back into the 50 to 55 minutes for the 10k
    We are going to use body only exs for the next 2 weeks - press ups - frog hops - jumping jacks - pull ups - chin ups - sissy squats etc. My fav. the gorillas will feature i hope.
    Within the realms of reason - nothing is impossible.
    IMMORTALITY IS A STATE OF MIND
    Like the Mighty Welsh Dragon that fortifies my blood - SURRENDER IS NOT AN OPTION.

Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by britonarius View Post
    Training kicks off again tomorrow - using Stefan the policeman as my greyhound i intend to try and get to 90 kilos and get back into the 50 to 55 minutes for the 10k
    We are going to use body only exs for the next 2 weeks - press ups - frog hops - jumping jacks - pull ups - chin ups - sissy squats etc. My fav. the gorillas will feature i hope.
    Great fire from the dragon! We need some videos Jack! Camera, tripod, pull ups = awesome!

Here is a link to Lonnie, I think you find him interesting to review his abilities...post 183 is one of his vids.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...3947351&page=4

Visit my vid journal and comment anytime Jack! (see link in my signature below)
    Last edited by Bronzebird; 06-05-2011 at 09:52 AM.

My video are at https://www.********.com/pages/Action-Fitness-LLC/219746674743053

britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Bronzebird View Post
    Great fire from the dragon! We need some videos Jack! Camera, tripod, pull ups = awesome!

Here is a link to Lonnie, I think you find him interesting to review his abilities...post 183 is one of his vids.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...3947351&page=4

Visit my vid journal and comment anytime Jack! (see link in my signature below)
    Ok today was day 1 of the training - i will state this training is only intermediate as currently i am between clubs in rugby and whilst i have a warm offer ; at my age its hard to get a shirt.
    Conditions this morning were over cast and 25 degrees - we did the 10 k run though i must admit i suffered with Stefans forced pace - several times he was forced to trot as he successively dropped me from his heels. Eventually i finished the run in 66.5 minutes, almost 15 minutes off pace of my 51's about 17 months ago.
    Exs were 3 sets of 19 reps - tricep dips using 2 benches , pressups and pull ups. Sissy squats and straight back wall squats plus gorillas.
    Will try to get a video up Marty and i am onway to visit you at your site now.
    Like the Mighty Welsh Dragon that fortifies my blood - SURRENDER IS NOT AN OPTION.

Ok today was day 1 of the training - i will state this training is only intermediate as currently i am between clubs in rugby and whilst i have a warm offer ; at my age its hard to get a shirt.
    Conditions this morning were over cast and 25 degrees - we did the 10 k run though i must admit i suffered with Stefans forced pace - several times he was forced to trot as he successively dropped me from his heels. Eventually i finished the run in 66.5 minutes, almost 15 minutes off pace of my 51's about 17 months ago.
    Exs were 3 sets of 19 reps - tricep dips using 2 benches , pressups and pull ups. Sissy squats and straight back wall squats plus gorillas.
    Will try to get a video up Marty and i am onway to visit you at your site now.
    Great start Jack with completing the 10k. Here in the states 10k a day sounds like a Marathon a day...different mind set on cardio. You will be under and hour soon enough with your training ethics! You have sparked me to start my jogging again now that we are out of the rainy season for a few months (seriously wet here).

Thanks for the video comments in my log...you have a good insight and spot on!

Great start Jack with completing the 10k. Here in the states 10k a day sounds like a Marathon a day...different mind set on cardio. You will be under and hour soon enough with your training ethics! You have sparked me to start my jogging again now that we are out of the rainy season for a few months (seriously wet here).

Thanks for the video comments in my log...you have a good insight and spot on!
    Hi Marty - It has been seriously dry here apparantly , more like Italy or so Stefan says. didn't get here yesterday as no time to post but will post the 2 days after this message. I would seriously like to get to 52/53 minutes but i guess at almost 55 i am going well to be doing in the 60's. My mindset on cardio is that i need the fitness for rugby as we are required to be out there for 80 minutes and whilst strength is a virtue out there , stamina is most definitely a blessing.

Ok Tuesday and wednesday - body only exs are same as monday - they will not change all week.
    weather was similar on both days , overcast and 24 degrees - tuesday was 65.1 minutes - wednesday was 65.5 minutes

Your training approach to strength and cardio makes sense and you are a veteran player who knows best... Showing up in top shape with the new team is a solid plan.

Happy running, what kind of road shoes are you using? My Nike Air Alvord serries are light weight and very cushioned for road/trail work. My favorite pair at this time...I hate taking risk as I have some Nike running shoes that I do not like, Shox is one example. They seem to sap my run times.

I am using Nike airs was thinking of changing to a puma running shoe as Stefan rates them greatly superior to nike. been off the runs for a few days getting back tonmorrow as i suffered a hamstring tweak and whilst it was nothing major - 10 k a day would have found it out. went to Ireland yesterday - team are keen [ yikes i am approaching 55] to get me in place for August. team is an assortment of vets and very young untrained raw talent.

I am using Nike airs was thinking of changing to a puma running shoe as Stefan rates them greatly superior to nike. been off the runs for a few days getting back tonmorrow as i suffered a hamstring tweak and whilst it was nothing major - 10 k a day would have found it out. went to Ireland yesterday - team are keen [ yikes i am approaching 55] to get me in place for August. team is an assortment of vets and very young untrained raw talent.
    Cool is the rule for old school training techniques! Sounds like you are going to be moving where english skills can be used. How did the Italian submersion fare?

I swear by Orange Triad vitamins to boost the immune system for joint and tendon tweeks. It takes weeks to completely heal with light training and working around issues to stay fit overall.

Cool is the rule for old school training techniques! Sounds like you are going to be moving where english skills can be used. How did the Italian submersion fare?

I swear by Orange Triad vitamins to boost the immune system for joint and tendon tweeks. It takes weeks to completely heal with light training and working around issues to stay fit overall.
    i use arsenal vit pack as it was a supp i got used to in england.Italian time was useful in that they treat rugby like football at real pace - i think in a decade they will have a world class team but for now its a learning curve for them. Gonna be interesting to see the amazing pumas against the scarlets and i am gonna cheer for ireland against england [ wales did it against the old enemy !]

The number 10 jersey

Ok i did get some training in prior to coming to ireland - shorter runs produced 34 to 36 minute 5 k sessions. Problem i have here is team is strictly part time [ i am the only full timer] and gets together for 3 sessions a week. 1 afternoon [ that will be match practice ] and 2 evenings [ cardio and gym ]- owner said you can try and get extra time but most lack the time to turn up. Most are farm or factory workers, so i guess time is scarce. Team however are commited to trying to get better results and hope to achieve something inside of 2 seasons. The youngsters are keen and many have agreed to one on one sessions to help them develop. I will for the first time ever in almost 750 matches wear the number 10 jersey when we play early september. I guess that as i am the main kicker and most experienced player that i might as well take number 10 for the 1st match at least then offer it as a trophy to a player showing talent. I fully intend to play as many youngsters as i can even if i am the only old git out there. full training will be posted.

trained alone did 10k run in 69.42 , but whilst it looks a sad time i was not pushing just mid pacing so i feel i could get back under 60 for it. Went to the local gym , we have membership facility and did a super 5 [ 5 exs 5 sets ] plus a full 1 kilometre row at 42 stroke pace . Super 5 consisted of ab curl and reverse curl , tbar row and lying t bar and an ab/ tricep stretch. Weights on abs were 80k , 95 k and 110k [ 5 sets 13, 11 , 9 , 7 and 5 reps]- Lying t bar was 40, 50 and 55 k T-bar was 60, 70 and 75k.Row was done in 7.14mins.Cool down was 18 mins bike , 15 at gradients ;3mins at sprint.Distance covered was 11.5k.

Glad to have you back Jack! Looking forward to seeing this season playing out for you. Now you have me thinking about hitting a 10k for the first time. My 5k is 27:18 and working on sub 9 minute mile pace. Yes I think in Miles Per Hour...

Glad to have you back Jack! Looking forward to seeing this season playing out for you. Now you have me thinking about hitting a 10k for the first time. My 5k is 27:18 and working on sub 9 minute mile pace. Yes I think in Miles Per Hour...
    Good time actually - at my best[ last 10 years i mean] i was around 25 minutes but that was 2 seasons ago. currently i am about 30 minute time. Miles per hour yikes i haven;t thought in that for years.

weeks round up

Got together with the team for first time as trainer and manager. We did a practice match that was desperate but allowed me insight into ability and level of player. I sat it out to see how they played.spoke with owner and got approval to play as number 10 [ flyhalf] and to pitch an unbloodied 16 year old in as number 8. He surprised me by agreeing as number 8 is key position in rugger.I intend to use a greyhound system , 2 young players in back row to race forward along with me in number 10 in support to bust a hole through. defence will be held by vets and kicking will be shared by myself and a youngster who shows aptitude. training aside from practice match consisted of super 5 plus scrum practice and 2 k run.Time contraints are my problem at this stage but i will open up 1 on 1 training next week.

Ok training tonight with the team will include some gym work - mainly squats and hack squats but as i am forced to train alone for the best part of the week , i guess my schedule is better listed than team training. Fortunately i have a running companion , a 23 year old local woman called Mairie, who having spotted me cutting a lonely furrow asked if she could run with me daily.I am alternating 2k and 5 k with wednesday being the 10 k day.Monday was 2 k , done in 14 minutes after which i went to the gym and did a super 5 of biceps triceps and wrist curls. i kept the weights minimal concentrating on slow tight moves. Did sleeping spiders , bicep curl , wrist curl, skullcrushers and old school. Max on the bar was 50 kilo. Today was 5 k done in 29.55 along with super 5 of abs and back , tbar rows and lay back rows , max weight was 70k, long stretch ab curls and reverse curls , max weight 80k and neck levers done with 80k

Let's Go Jack! Keep the workouts comming strong...I look forward to visiting more often as I have stepped down as a Rep for Infinite Labs. I need some time to reorganize my time with family, work, and fitness. Stay in touch bro!

Ok firstly happy easter one and all - lets hope none of you ate chocolate eggs [ leave page if you did!] - we survived the season finishing 5th , not bad overall as we had mainly youngsters in key positions.I played all positions during the season [ even yikes!! number 15 full back and i haven't played that number since 1972. I also got to play number 11 [ left wing ] and number 14 [ right wing] though i would probably have been better there 40 years ago.
    As the club owners are happy with the work i stay in situ for next season though i have had to adjust my training this season to cope. Gone unfortunately are the 10 k runs [ just one a week now ] , i run 5 k a day now and that is varied by doing speed training every other week. Gone also are the mammoth weights , i now use stasi training aimed at producing the best muscle build.
    I intend to post here 3 times a week. That i will do now as i have the time and motivation again.
    I use protein 3 times daily , 2 with creatine added [ i favour the gaspari qualitine - yep the idiots at gaspari came up with a good product] - and i always use a supp daily. Game day is the current favourite , my protein choice is currently carnivore.

Ok i am going to post my workouts here 3 times weekly though i do train in some shape or form daily. As these workouts are legit in that they are club sanctioned and used for work related training rather than aesthetic or shape building , they might seem unusual or odd to these seeking the aesthetic. It must be remembered that as we are required to exert for 80 minutes match play , we need conditioning for stamina rather than conditioning for posing. Posers are as much use to rugby as midgets are to basketball. Therefore this is not a bodybuilding course in the aesthetic sense , though as with any training it is bodybuilding in that it develops certain body areas. The supps will seem unusual but they have to be sanctioned as we are subject to dope testing.

Welcome back Jack! You gotta try the new Juggernaut HP, check out the profile to see if it clears the dope list. Good Ole Con-Cret and Beta-Cret help sustain endurance training for Rugby. Recovery is top notch for dom reduction...to near ZERO sorness.

How long have you been using Carnivore?

Ok staessi is a 4 day workout programme that utilises 7 core exercises with 2 optional extras daily plus 4 weighted warm ups and 3 set pieces of cardio. I intend to use or rather i do use this along with the club training and my cardio programme.Ok my running looks like this. I usually run the 10k on sunday , 5 k's are tuesday and thursday, the other days , monday , wednesday and friday are speed days [ running 100 metres, jogging 100 metres , running 200 jogging 200 in that sequence for 15 minutes] saturday is just warm up jogs as its match day or practice day.All running is done with either extend or anadraulic state GP. wew meet as a team to practice 3 times a week , as this is an amateur club [ i am the only pro] most only get in twice weekly , a few to lonly one practice , therefore the legit training is repeated in the same on all 3 nights [ monday , wednesday and friday afternoon], this training is the same as i used in England and Italy. My staessi is along the following lines day1 is arms , day 2 is abs and back , day 3 is shoulders and lats and day4 is chest and neck , the cardio is 2 set pieces on the bike and a set piece on the rower. Staessi is intensive and not for the faint hearted, The weighted warm ups are 35 reps the 7 core and 2 options are 3 sets of 11 reps per set.

Ok today its just warm up in the morning , we have no match , season is over here and today is the Grand National , so Ireland expects of its bloodstock. Seabass and Treacle will carry their main hopes i suspect , thats the word on the streets though old campaigner Black Applachian 2nd in 2010 will give it his best. A full training programme is scheduled for tomorrlow.

ok ran the 10k this morning in 54.50 thats way better than anytime i posted this year , so the changes i made are working. Team practice was a series of warm ups [ 15 minutes ] speed training [ 20 minutes ] and a 20 minute each way practice match based on rugby sevens. after wards we went to the gym , hit hack squats , deads and squats along with a guillotine press , bicep curls and tricep dips , all 5 setters of 11 reps. Then back to the pitch for scrum practice and kicking drill. stamina training was began by finishing on 5 laps of the ground at mid pace.

Monday 15minutes of speed training , running 100 metres , jogging 100 , running 200 m and jogging 200m in that order until 15 minutes was used. This is done outside at an athletic track. Into the gym for Staessi training , 7 core exercises plus 2 options , 4 iron warm ups and 2 pieces of cardio. Todays emphasis is on arms , the option is neck shrugs [ twice - ooh yeah] - cardio is 1000m row against a computer set for medium water conditions and computer is rowing at 38 strokes per minute, you have to beat the computer. Second cardio piece is 6 minutes bike , speed between 35 and 40 k , 2 minutes level 1 , 2 minutes level 2 , 1 minute level 3 and 1 minute level 4. 4 warm up pieces are drag curls , skull crushers [ ladder bar] , old school and bike bar wide grip curls. exercises are triceps - skullcrushers [ 30 and 35 kilos] old school [ 35 and 37.5 kilo] , pull downs [ 60 and 70 kilo] -biceps - drags [ 50 and 55 kilo] sleeping spiders [ 60 and 70 kilo] bike bar curls [ 60 and 70 kilo] -forearms - wrist curls [ 100 to 120 kilo]and neck shrugs 130 kilo.warm up sets are 35 reps - actual sets are 11 reps x 3 sets. warm ups were done at 35 kilos .

tuesday 5 k run in 36.28 - then its back and abs training. Bike is 9 minutes 30 to 35kmh , 2minutes level1 - 2 minutes level2 1 minute level3 and 1 minute level4. Rower is 1000m hard level [ windy conditions] computer set at 41strokes. warm ups [ 35 rep set ] are ab curls[ 60kilo] sidewinders [ 55kilos] t bar row close grip 30 kilo and t bar wide grip 35 kilo. all sets are 11 reps , 3 sets each of the disciplines. Ab stings 3 x 11 x 110kilo.Ab extensions 110 kilo.Reverse curls 80kilo. elevated curls 80kilo.Lay back row - 70kilo. short cable row 80kilo. tbar close grip 55kilo and t bar wide grip 60 kilo. gorillas [ own body weight] The 2 options were hamstring press single leg and both legs , single at 60 kilo - both at 140 kilo.

15 minutes speed training same as monday. today is shoulders - warm ups 35 reps are shoulder press [ 35 kilo] shoulder levers [ 35kilo] cubans [ 16kilo db] and lorians [ 16 kilo db] - Exercises are cubans [ 3x11x 20kilo] lorians [ 3x11x22kilo] shoulder lever press [3x11x 55kilo] shoulder press [ 3x11x60kilo], front lateral raises [ 3x11x22kilo]- lateral bike bar cable pull [ 3x11x60kilo] lateral bull bar cable pull [ 3x11x65kilo] leg press [ 3x11x160kilo] and leg sleigh [ 3x11x200kilo].
    Cardio was 9 minutes bike - 40 to 45 kmh 2 minutes level1 - 3 minutes level 2 2 minutes level4 and 2 minutes level 5 & 500 metre row heavy choppy conditions computer at 44 strokes.C lub training tonight with the juniors and peewees.

thursday 5k run in 33.25 - i always aim to run the 2nd run faster.Today the emphasis is on chest. Cardio is 12 minutes bike 3minutes at levels 1 to 4 at 30 to 35kmh. warm up sets are [ 1 x 35 reps] Chest push [ 45kilo] guillotine 50kilo, plate raises 15 kilo and chest chain split [ 35kilo] exercises are Chest push press [ 3 x 11 x 65kilo] guillotine [ 3 x 11x 65kilo] plate raises [ 3 x 11 x 25 kilo] chest chain split [ 3 x 11 x 45 kilo] bench press [ 3 x 11 x 100kilo] hack squat [ 3 x 11 x 120 kilo] concentrated hack press [ holding weight with knees bent for 15 secs on dip] {3 x 11 x 100kilos}calf raises [ 3 x 11 x 60 kilo] chin ups [ 3 x 11 x own body weight]

Friday - today i use carnivore at double strength - 15 minutes speed training as per monday / wednesday. Today is squat day this is what we rugger guys do to prepare for the scrums and line outs along with set piece strength pieces [ like tractor/ trailer ] Cardio is rower 1500 metres heavy setting computer at 38 strokes per minute and 9 minutes bike constant rover [ speed up last 10 seconds - 15 seconds - 20 seconds etc ] this is taxing as you get a full 1 minute 50 at pace ] - warm ups [ 35 reps ] are hack squats [ 100k] concentrated hacks [ 100k] accentuated hacks [ 90k] squats [ 80k] and z squats [ 75k] - the 3 hacks are done twice so hacks [ 6 x 11x 150k] con. hacks [ 6 x 11 x 140k] acc. hacks [ 6 x 11 x 135k] squats [ 3 x 11 x 125k] z squats [ 3 x 11 x 125k] plus press ups [ 3 x 11 x own body weight ] inverted press ups [ 3 x 11 x own body weight]

practice match with team