Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    We make PROGRESS happen! Bronzebird's Avatar
    Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by britonarius View Post
    Calf is coming along pretty well - good enough to get the draft for friday - 2 week trial i have had a free account for a while - will look at that -
    Hi jack.
    What posistion are you playing? Prediction...two goals to add victory for the stitches (any kicked scores). That will be another war story for the memoirs!
    Last edited by Bronzebird; 08-13-2010 at 10:16 AM.
    Send a friend to invite on ********--> Marty Tolmich/Personal Trainer

My video are at https://www.********.com/pages/Action-Fitness-LLC/219746674743053

Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Bronzebird View Post
    Hey, I just realized that the Blackout rugger is only a two week free trial. Dang, they get their hooks in ya, and then reel you in and snag you with the net.
    Ok, my bad here is the quote I miss read...."Currently, everyone can try Premium membership for two weeks for free (just once!) so head over to the subscriptions page to try it out."

It is clearly for the upgrade free trial here is the link for that page.

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/he...php#category=7

My video are at https://www.********.com/pages/Action-Fitness-LLC/219746674743053

britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yep got you on that - they are developing a cricket one incidentally - anyone for cricket?
    Interesting story this as many rugby and football guys try other sports to cover off season times. Many of us tried cricket - yikes - 100 mph piece of cork , glue and leather flying at ya! Try it - its not easy - those guys who play silly mid on and silly mid off - right beside the bats trajectory - real gutsy positioning.
    I played loose head prop friday - got all 80 minutes in , though these guys need help desperately and i am too old to be of 100% in that department. We got back in it [ were trailing 15-5] to level just after half time. Mid fielder found himself in space on line to score. Went ahead to a great between posts try - converted easily - [ 22-15] , drop goal added [ i scored this!] 5, so 27-15 then they disintegrated allowing the opposition to hit 2 tries , and a conversion [ 27-27] - so a draw. Leg was ok by the way.
    Training last week was a light mix of Spinning bike [ 2 x 30 minutes sessions ]
    Rower [ 4 x 15 minutes ]
    walker [ 2 x 24 minutes ]
    Sit ups - 10x 10
    frog kicks 10 x 10
    Leg is ok - things are going fine but news is that i might only be here for another 6 weeks.
    Within the realms of reason - nothing is impossible.
    IMMORTALITY IS A STATE OF MIND
    Like the Mighty Welsh Dragon that fortifies my blood - SURRENDER IS NOT AN OPTION.

Good match Jack! Your time spent here on the new team is a great experience for you and the "young guys". Glad the leg is doing good and you played the entire match and scroed the drop kick goal, nice! The next six weeks should be interesting as the season unfolds for more scoring opportunities.

britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) britonarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ok its been a week since i posted or maybe more - i was in Italy all last week at a RFC club - they wanted to buy my contract [ and did ] - i take up assistant trainer duties 3rd september concentrating on defence work with them plus i get to play [ italian rugger is fast ]- weight is down to 204lbs by the way. So no training till then.
    Like the Mighty Welsh Dragon that fortifies my blood - SURRENDER IS NOT AN OPTION.

Might have interesting news next week - stay posted
    Yep...

Ok its been a week since i posted or maybe more - i was in Italy all last week at a RFC club - they wanted to buy my contract [ and did ] - i take up assistant trainer duties 3rd september concentrating on defence work with them plus i get to play [ italian rugger is fast ]- weight is down to 204lbs by the way. So no training till then.
    Very cool news! Congratulations on your new assignment and added responsiblilities of assistant defensive coach. So how is your strength versus stamina at the lower body weight of 204 pounds? Is increased muscle mass and lower BF your goal?

Take care Jack

Yep...

Very cool news! Congratulations on your new assignment and added responsiblilities of assistant defensive coach. So how is your strength versus stamina at the lower body weight of 204 pounds? Is increased muscle mass and lower BF your goal?

Take care Jack
    Definitely lower body fat plus better muscle mass is the main goal. Initally i was losing weight to increase speed slightly , and help reaction times - we lose these as we get older, but as you rightly state increase muscle mass and lower body fat are now the main goals. stamina is better at lower weight i feel though strength might suffer , its hard to tell at this stage. Last team was massively heavy pack so i couldn't judge.

Ok 3rd september contract begins though i am not in Italy till monday next week - thats the 6th so i am not currently training as i am busy preparing for the move. It means getting back home less often.

Flying out tonight - will get online as soon as possible

Ok here in Italy - getting to know the team , many are New Zealanders and aussies - will post details later this week but inital news is : i will be lucky to make the team after the initiation ceremony [ playing first match after signing ] so i guess i will have to make do with instilling in others the skills i have. One problem is this : i am not sure i am totally ready for that. Thats for old guys!

Flying out tonight - will get online as soon as possible
    From Holland: Veel geluk op uw nieuwe reis.

To Italy: passaggi di sicurezza e di esperienze

Alright Jack, we look forward to hearing from ya. I think this will be interresting to follow your new trainer/player assignment.

From Holland: Veel geluk op uw nieuwe reis.

To Italy: passaggi di sicurezza e di esperienze

Alright Jack, we look forward to hearing from ya. I think this will be interresting to follow your new trainer/player assignment.
    Thanks Marty i will post over the weekend - just got to get my head around the news that i might be finished as regards playing - i worked so hard to get back there.

Ok here in Italy - getting to know the team , many are New Zealanders and aussies - will post details later this week but inital news is : i will be lucky to make the team after the initiation ceremony [ playing first match after signing ] so i guess i will have to make do with instilling in others the skills i have. One problem is this : i am not sure i am totally ready for that. Thats for old guys!
    Sorry I missed this post? Your last post makes sense about absorbing the news of possible no play time. Well, if I can guess your next move...staying physicaly fit to play by leading by example. And in Italy, very cool man!

Sorry I missed this post? Your last post makes sense about absorbing the news of possible no play time. Well, if I can guess your next move...staying physicaly fit to play by leading by example. And in Italy, very cool man!
    Its way different here i can tell you that - but i am getting there!

Ok been real busy so little chance to post as i was using an internet cafe to get online but now i have an internet line in the apartment so all is cool as far as that goes.
    Italian rugby? Well lets try to highlight the differences that i can see and know of as far as the union game goes here. The 5 nations contest [ a yearly international event of games] became the 6 nations with Italy getting included. The Italian squad at that stage was build in a large way from New Zealanders who had at least one Italian grandparent.This is a quaint way of including talent that most sports use , football is notorious for it. Whether its right or wrong , fair or not - its an integral part of sport. The way i see it is we are all different , for me any chance i ever had as a young player of internationals rested on Wales, though i could have represented England as i had schooled all my childhood in England. Natralisation rules allowed that ! However as i told the English international scout at the time - "I would sooner pull out my own teeth than wear the white" [ colour of England top ] - my heart would not be in it! Others are different and just want to say they were internationals so opportunity is just that - opportunity. Hence Italian rugby is full of New Zealanders and Aussies.
    Ok Italian rugby is faster , like the football here , they like greyhound reactions , bullet fast runs and a looser defensive game. Thats where i come in , trying to instill good defence skills into a lucid squad. One thing i never lacked was tight defence skills , my defence skills were and still are way better than my attack skills. I always made the a team due to my defence abilities , attacking sides rarely showed interest in me as i scored lowly in attack.
    Here i am coaching defence to the team on 2 levels , as a squad en masse and individually 1 to 1. My time is split between the training as a team , where i take part and train like a regular player and coaching where i instruct and train others. Ultimately as i have had it pointed out , my play will suffer as i spent hours instructing others and not practising the game in general. So i guess one i have to accept that. Details of training will follow this week.

I'm back from vacation and glad you are keeping busy coaching and training. You earned the oportunity to teach!

Ok - sorry about the late posting - hope the vacation was ok Marty.
    Training - we run daily 12 kilometres - 2 X 5 k runs and 2 X 1 k speed bursts. We train 5 days a week - so 60k weekly in these old legs. On top of that we get 2 days a week sprint run training and reactions training plus 5 practice matches along with specialised coaching and 3 X gym work. The gym work is primarily aimed at legs and chest / back work though all areas are covered. We can get an extra 5 sessions weekly at a local fitness centre though i imagine few take the 5 offered.
    During the specialised coaching i get to coach 1 to 1or as a group.
    food intake is loosser covered than in UK - i submitted my supps , got approval on all except those that failed in UK.

Bravo on the nutrition factor! One more factoid to offer the students. I took my Animal Flex today as I have started to increase my joint stress. I have about 2 weeks left in my supply and will order one of your alternatives. I will have to review your log or if you could relist your favorites again?
    Take care in your new role and hope you are getting to know some senoras around the town...

Bravo on the nutrition factor! One more factoid to offer the students. I took my Animal Flex today as I have started to increase my joint stress. I have about 2 weeks left in my supply and will order one of your alternatives. I will have to review your log or if you could relist your favorites again?
    Take care in your new role and hope you are getting to know some senoras around the town...
    I am taking Arsenal by Met RX and EFA's [ same company ] though flex is the best.

Ok been way too busy to actually post here - in fairness i am not going to come here half heartedly as this is the best site for training going. I will try and get the training schedules up this week as i am desperately trying to get all matters sorted. I have been taking Italian lessons to try and blend in better - did my debut - landed all 5 tries and converted all for 35 points - first time in my career i have ever done so - but chill and relax the oppposition were so bad [ from level i have been at ] that anyone ex british pro could have done the same. Difference is most would have scored double the points i did. However the manager did relent a little and said i could sit on the bench next match as a sub. Thats a good turn around as he was adamant prior to this about debut being last match as trainers and players are 2 different arenas. Given that i was pleased as i prefer playing to training and i guess i need time to fully make transition to coaching role. Been trying to get a summer role with a new zealand outfit or aussie squad to try and get playing experience there. Last thing - any French or Irish club want me in 2012 - i am up for grabs - never played in either nations!

Bravo Jack! I see the fire is back in the Ice Dragon's passion to pursue happiness in playing PRO rugby. The complexity of immersion and your performance should be an asset to your future endeavors. Speaking the peoples language should gain you much respect in additon to your performance. And honestly I see it as an honour to "teach"? Look at the qualities of a good trainer, look in the mirror, then smile at your accomplishments. You have created a legacy of players to carry on your fighting spirit. Serioulsy, you do influence people (and players) around you!

Hi Guys - We are currently in a break phase as 2 of our team are internationals [ italy of course] and the 6 nations is in progress. I watched the Wales - Scotland game last night and whilst we [ Wales ] won i was disgusted by the lack of cohesive play , the mistakes and general letheragy of the side. You have got to want it - i would be prepared to die out there in the red - there is no way i am letting my country down - get it together lads and lets smash England. I am still trying to get a new zealand or aussie outfit to take me on for their season as i really would like to play in either country [ once at least] and i would seriously like to play or coach in Ireland in 2012.

Good luck in your goals to play or coach abroad! I can see crossfit or HITT training to apply to Rugger. I did watch Argintia play Iraland last night...I fell asleep for the rest of the matches.

Ok its been ages but after end of may i will have way more time as my contract i thought initally was 2 seasons was only for one season and i will find myself out of contract and i think out of work. In someways that might be a good thing as the last few seasons have drained me somewhat and the sheer physical and mental effort to get to a position where i was getting selected for play let alone making the reserve bench [ that given my age would have been a great thing ] have definitely had a toll on my resources. Then as i am drafting and writing this i had a call from a colleague [ sms ] that an Irish low rate outfit were interested in hiring me as a player / coach , so i will post on that as it occurs.
    training i will draft later this week -

Ok its been ages but after end of may i will have way more time as my contract i thought initally was 2 seasons was only for one season and i will find myself out of contract and i think out of work. In someways that might be a good thing as the last few seasons have drained me somewhat and the sheer physical and mental effort to get to a position where i was getting selected for play let alone making the reserve bench [ that given my age would have been a great thing ] have definitely had a toll on my resources. Then as i am drafting and writing this i had a call from a colleague [ sms ] that an Irish low rate outfit were interested in hiring me as a player / coach , so i will post on that as it occurs.
    training i will draft later this week -
    Glad to see you back Jack! And Luck of the Irish too ya

Ok i finish here end 1st week of June - i intend to gift the club 1000 euros to help their youth programme and i wish them every success in future seasons. I will return to Holland and intend to train with policeman Stefan but only in running and body only exercises. Weights and the gym will wait whilst i recover somewhat. Before going to Italy i was running 52 minute 10 kilometres , the sheer workload has killed that , my best this year is 1hour 9 minutes and that disturbs me.
    Irish outfit are interested but i need to discuss the job further as it carries very little money [ it is true to say that they are offering a free house with all utilities paid plus all shopping at local supermarket covered by the club [ within reason ] along with a loaner car but cash wise its like 250 euros a week . However money sometimes has to take 2nd place over love. Training programme up as soon as i get home to holland

Ok i finish here end 1st week of June - i intend to gift the club 1000 euros to help their youth programme and i wish them every success in future seasons. I will return to Holland and intend to train with policeman Stefan but only in running and body only exercises. Weights and the gym will wait whilst i recover somewhat. Before going to Italy i was running 52 minute 10 kilometres , the sheer workload has killed that , my best this year is 1hour 9 minutes and that disturbs me.
    Irish outfit are interested but i need to discuss the job further as it carries very little money [ it is true to say that they are offering a free house with all utilities paid plus all shopping at local supermarket covered by the club [ within reason ] along with a loaner car but cash wise its like 250 euros a week . However money sometimes has to take 2nd place over love. Training programme up as soon as i get home to holland
    Happy Training at home.... and best of luck in the Hi Land Games!

Happy Training at home.... and best of luck in the Hi Land Games!
    Yeah i would like to try one highland games comp but debuting at age 54 [ 55 this year ] is a tall order - however i have my former belgian gym looking into the possibility of it. Currently in my last week here in italy - last seasonal game and that is it. Irish outfit want to talk - suddenly 550 euros a week is on the table plus a one off sponsorship of 5750 euros. Thats pretty good money as all other items are free [ even supps they state]- however i am going to train hard with stefan next week and i will post the workouts here.

Glad to hear the cash incentives are above fair? The cost of food and housing included in sponsorship is awesome! I look forward to hearing more about your Italian submersion.

Enjoy your home visit with the family!

Glad to hear the cash incentives are above fair? The cost of food and housing included in sponsorship is awesome! I look forward to hearing more about your Italian submersion.

Enjoy your home visit with the family!
    Ok i have now returned to the Netherlands [ ik ben een oranje man ] and it is so good to get back here - dang i miss this little land like crazy. I spoke with Stefan and we are due to run on monday and do body only exs. I am a little bit lost here on weights as my former mentor Wouter is currently recovering from a heart murmour that hospitalised him. But as i really want to get the times in running back i will use Stefan to help in this. I enjoyed Italy though i still have the player in me not the trainer. Irish outfit want me to visit and i will go see them. They did offer to pay costs but in fairness it would not be fair. I like ireland - god bless the Oirish , green fields , great cheese and wonderful horseracing but first i will stay here a little while.