Bmoreguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmoreguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmoreguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmoreguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmoreguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmoreguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmoreguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmoreguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmoreguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Traps sore after shoulder day?

My traps feel really sore after yesterdays workout where i only hit shoulders and triceps, perhaps i hit them indirectly, but is it okay to work back and bis today? thanks.

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you use too much weight/poor form while doing side raises or upright rows you can make them trap dominant. This is a fairly common mistake. That might explain what happened.

As for lifting back today, should not be a problem. Just listen to your body. If your traps are getting overworked then adjust your workout appropriately.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

HevELifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HevELifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HevELifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HevELifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bmoreguy View Post
    My traps feel really sore after yesterdays workout where i only hit shoulders and triceps, perhaps i hit them indirectly, but is it okay to work back and bis today? thanks.
    It's like working your lats, I can't think of an exercise for your upper or middle back where your biceps don't come into play. Your traps are right next to your shoulders, and, for instance, with upright rows, you work your traps as well as your deltoids.

That said it should be normal to have a little soreness there after working shoulders, especially if you already have pretty big traps and your not working them often.

Lift heavy, eat right
    Lift heavy, eat right,
    HevELifter

Height: 6'0
    Weight: 233lbs

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's fine...

Lifters need to understand that minor to moderate soreness can be worked through.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have exactly the same... For the first time in a long while I tried supersetting throughout the entire workout and my form suffered tremendously. Today my bis and traps hurt more than my shoulders :s

I wouldnt worry about your sore traps affecting your back/bi workout though. I doubt they were worked enough yesterday to justify a day off in fear of overworking them today. If you do shrugs on back day, maybe just give them a miss.

Lencho... is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lencho... is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lencho... is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lencho... is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lencho... is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lencho... is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lencho... is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lencho... is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lencho... is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lencho... is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lencho... is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Bmoreguy View Post
    God no. Don't even try to work anything above your calves, or your back might shrivel up and fall off.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    It's fine...

Lifters need to understand that minor to moderate soreness can be worked through.
    Best post for teh lulz.
    Originally Posted by Lencho... View Post
    God no. Don't even try to work anything above your calves, or your back might shrivel up and fall off.
    Best post for teh cerealz.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493