bail its the miscers mattyoung92's Avatar
    mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question does a quality weight gainer exist ?

Here's the thing my schedule is starting to pick now Ive finished school and im in the process of getting my fitness and health science degree and a quick meal replacement is starting to sound very appealing, so Ive been looking around for one that packs more quality calories into the shake

and from what i can see they don't exist!...it seems like practically all of them are nothing but whey protein shakes filled with sugar and around 1-3g of saturated fat...now everyone knows that's not how a meal would be served up, what the hells the supplement industry doing

...ok im starting to ramble here better rap up, in your experience whats been the best weight gainer you've had because in the end nothing seems to stand out in terms of quality marco's

thanks again guyss
    Last edited by mattyoung92; 02-08-2010 at 05:08 AM.

Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know theres plenty of weight gainers out there that have 1000+ and even 2000+ calories per serving. That should put weight on you pretty quickly if the rest of your diet is on target. Get a cheap shaker bottle (from BB.com, preferably - Only $1.99!), throw a scoop of powder in there and, when you're ready, fill it up with some water or milk and chug away.

Another suggestion I would have if you're on the go is a protein brownie. I know MetRX makes them and I'm pretty sure a couple other companies do as well. They are pretty dense with fats, carbs, and protein, and usually have about 400 calories. Personally I've never tried them, but I might give one a shot down the line.
    Upgraded from "curls for the girls" to "rows for the hoes".

Ryan's Supp. Stack
    ----------------------
    r2's WILLpower -- now completely free of bitchassness!

DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Whey + ground up oats in a shaker --> just add water (or milk)
    Whey + rice cakes / crispy minis
    Tupperware with real food (chicken, sweet potatoes, brown rice, whatever)
    Peanut butter / nuts (more fat than carbs, though)

John Berardi, when he was initially bulking, basically took around a huge whey shake and a loaf of bread all day. But I think he was on AAS and could afford to add a bit more fat than a natural.*

But yeah, most weight gainers are pretty much a regular protein powder with added sugar. My preference is almost always real food, just because I find it more satisfying. But on some bulks I could see that actually being a problem.

* Don't quote me on that and I don't say it as an accusation. It's just something to keep in mind before you mimic his diet.

VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10) VulcanFlame is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Whey protein + Partial Skim milk + Peanut butter + oats => Good and cheap weight gainer
    "No man has the right to be an amatuer in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." (Socrates 470-399bc)

My run of Ultimate Diet 2.0 (by Lyle Mcdonald) - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121261251

Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000) Ironwake is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mattyoung92 View Post
    does a quality weight gainer exist ?

thanks again guyss
    Yea, Whole Milk
    Starting Strength... Again! - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172893

6 Month Beginner Starting Strength Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118409981

mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattyoung92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ironwake View Post
    Yea, Whole Milk
    That would be just full of sugar and saturated fat, nothing wrong with some saturated fat either but its meant to me in moderation not chugged down

id call that your last resort deffinatley not a quality weight gainer.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    That would be just full of sugar and saturated fat, nothing wrong with some saturated fat either but its meant to me in moderation not chugged down

id call that your last resort deffinatley not a quality weight gainer.
    agree...
    Originally Posted by VulcanFlame View Post
    Whey protein + Partial Skim milk + Peanut butter + oats => Good and cheap weight gainer
    THIS^^^
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Originally Posted by TheRosemeck View Post
    I know theres plenty of weight gainers out there that have 1000+ and even 2000+ calories per serving. That should put weight on you pretty quickly if the rest of your diet is on target. Get a cheap shaker bottle (from BB.com, preferably - Only $1.99!), throw a scoop of powder in there and, when you're ready, fill it up with some water or milk and chug away.

Another suggestion I would have if you're on the go is a protein brownie. I know MetRX makes them and I'm pretty sure a couple other companies do as well. They are pretty dense with fats, carbs, and protein, and usually have about 400 calories. Personally I've never tried them, but I might give one a shot down the line.
    Yeah and that's exactly the problem, proper bodybuilders are looking for proper nutrition chugging back 1/3 or even 2/3's of your caloric intake with an abundance of simple sugars and saturated fats is not the way you should be eating "saturated fats fine in moderation"

take optimum nutrition for example there weight gainer is just loaded with the stuff if its not the way you should be eating for optimal gains and health.

i just cant believe there isn't one shake out there that can grasp the simple concept of 40/40/20 or in my case 50/30/20 and fill it with the calories you want...if they did that they would destroy there competitors

deadlifter28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah and that's exactly the problem, proper bodybuilders are looking for proper nutrition chugging back 1/3 or even 2/3's of your caloric intake with an abundance of simple sugars and saturated fats is not the way you should be eating "saturated fats fine in moderation"

take optimum nutrition for example there weight gainer is just loaded with the stuff if its not the way you should be eating for optimal gains and health.

i just cant believe there isn't one shake out there that can grasp the simple concept of 40/40/20 or in my case 50/30/20 and fill it with the calories you want...if they did that they would destroy there competitors
    true that

U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000) U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000) U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000) U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000) U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000) U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000) U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000) U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000) U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000) U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000) U R Bunk is just really nice. (+1000)
    Fill a shot glass with olive oil or walnut oil and chug it on top of your meals. Will add an easy 300 calories each time.
    "Your doom awaits you!" - Hatebreed

Originally Posted by U R Bunk View Post
    Fill a shot glass with olive oil or walnut oil and chug it on top of your meals. Will add an easy 300 calories each time.
    maybe if you want a laxative from hell haha but otherwise id probably steer clear of high amounts of oils ...give it a go you'll see what i mean LOL

these days i get alot of my fats from avocado's i chuck one in with a couple a meals a day they contain about 30g of mono unsaturated.
    I'm most lickly eating right now.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by U R Bunk View Post
    Or you could choose to enjoy your calories --> PB + spoon
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Corbettz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corbettz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corbettz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corbettz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corbettz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corbettz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corbettz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corbettz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corbettz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corbettz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Corbettz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hey vulcan

Originally Posted by VulcanFlame View Post

hey vulcan, just wondering do u just blend all that up and chug it down, i mean does it get nice and smooth / easy to drink?

vwnj136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vwnj136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vwnj136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vwnj136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vwnj136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vwnj136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vwnj136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vwnj136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vwnj136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vwnj136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vwnj136 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by vwnj136 View Post
    This. I've tried a few of their products, def. worth it.
    PROCCOR