ShEpS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to creatine.

Okay so I've been reading through several threads on creatine usage and have a few questions on it. Im going to be starting it tomorrow so my main question is how much should I be taking? The creatine I have is by PhD and according to the label they recommend the following:

For persons under 75kg: Begin with 5 grams of PhD Creatine Monohydrate daily for 7 days. Upon completion of this 7 day period use 5 grams every second day to fully maximise Creatine transporters.

Then up the serving to 10g if body weight is above 75kg.

I've read different things on here so im a little confused as I've seen people consuming higher doses. Should I simply go with the instructions on the tub and do say 2.5g pre-workout then 2.5g post-workout on training days then simply have 5g on non-training days?

Then after a week have 5g ever other day?

Thanks

Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xander is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There is no need to supplement more than 5g for anybody. Once you are supplementing, make sure you are drinking at least 1 gallon (4 liters) a day.

You can do either/or. I would go for the full 5 pre, or 2.5 pre and 2.5 post
    *Former* Jeep Brah Crew
    ./l ,[___],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    There is no need to supplement more than 5g for anybody. Once you are supplementing, make sure you are drinking at least 1 gallon (4 liters) a day.

Thanks I'll stick with 5g as advised on the label in that case. Once I've loaded for 7 days will 5g ever other day be fine?

I missed my workout today so will only be working out 2 times this week instead of 3. Should I start my creatine cycle from tomorrow or should I wait until next week for a full week of training?

youngster13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngster13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngster13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngster13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngster13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngster13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngster13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngster13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngster13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngster13 will become famous soon enough. (+50) youngster13 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ShEpS View Post
    Thanks I'll stick with 5g as advised on the label in that case. Once I've loaded for 7 days will 5g ever other day be fine?

I missed my workout today so will only be working out 2 times this week instead of 3. Should I start my creatine cycle from tomorrow or should I wait until next week for a full week of training?
    there is no need to 'load' it, thats just to make more money. If u needed to load it then u would have to get 3 steaks instead of 1 lmao. Its a ****ty comparison but its the same principal.
    Goals:
    squat: 315x1
    Deadlift: 370x1

Ephesians 6:17

Philippians 4:13

Originally Posted by youngster13 View Post
    there is no need to 'load' it, thats just to make more money. If u needed to load it then u would have to get 3 steaks instead of 1 lmao. Its a ****ty comparison but its the same principal.
    I get your point, in that case should I be looking at just 5g every other day then or should I simply consume 5g each day?

Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000) Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000) Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000) Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000) Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000) Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000) Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000) Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000) Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000) Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000) Slackadjuster is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by youngster13 View Post
    I think his "loading" phase is just the introduction of creatine. His loading dose is only 5g a day. Not a traditional "use the whole tub in a week, so we can sell you more" load.

OP...I use 3g of Kre-Alkalyn on workout days only. You should be fine with 5g of CM a day. Creatine is cheap...if the toilet gets some....eh...no harm no foul!

-BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000) -BigT- is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, just use 5grams a day, every day.
    i rep back 1k+

Originally Posted by Slackadjuster View Post
    I think his "loading" phase is just the introduction of creatine. His loading dose is only 5g a day. Not a traditional "use the whole tub in a week, so we can sell you more" load.

OP...I use 3g of Kre-Alkalyn on workout days only. You should be fine with 5g of CM a day. Creatine is cheap...if the toilet gets some....eh...no harm no foul!
    I suppose if they wanted people to use the tub they would not have suggested just 5g every 2nd day as well. And like you say I think the load phase is more so an introduction phase.

Originally Posted by -BigT- View Post
    So should I shoot for 5g every day for around 6-8 weeks then have a month off? It will be my first time using it so I'm hoping for some gains.

Thanks for the tips so far guys.
    Last edited by ShEpS; 02-08-2010 at 05:42 PM.

Originally Posted by -BigT- View Post
    Okay so tomorrow will be my 7th day on creatine and I've simply been having 5g per day. Should I revert to having 5g every other day (as per outlined on my tub) or should I stick with 5g everyday for the next 6-8 weeks then have a month off it completely?

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ShEpS View Post
    Okay so tomorrow will be my 7th day on creatine and I've simply been having 5g per day. Should I revert to having 5g every other day (as per outlined on my tub) or should I stick with 5g everyday for the next 6-8 weeks then have a month off it completely?

5 grams a day is fine. There is no need to cycle creatine.
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

Originally Posted by TMac26 View Post
    5 grams a day is fine. There is no need to cycle creatine.
    thanks, think i'll just stick with 5g a day for now then and continue to drink plenty of water.

11fishingjohn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 11fishingjohn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 11fishingjohn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 11fishingjohn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 11fishingjohn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 11fishingjohn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 11fishingjohn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Xander View Post

Ya drink tons of water i get horrible headaches when i dont