ripped165 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy gaining arm size!

I'm having some diffficulty gaining size on my arms. So many ppl here are like 16 years old with 15" arms! I'm 155 and I have 13" arms flexed cold. I want to keep my weight, drop just a few pounds of extra fat, and have 15" arms, but its really hard for me! In sept I started creatine and a new workout, I added one inch during sept and that was it, didnt grow on my arms since! what am I doing wrong! I'm using anthony ellis's program, www.musclegainingtips.com its like chest,shoulders,tris one day lets the other and back and bi's the last. its for skinny ppl who want to gain size! I used t obe 125 and went up to 155 so I'm happy about that! but I want 2 more inches thats it! just two inches! I do my back exercises then one bi exercise 5 sets, one warm up one set with 8-6 rep range then one from 6-4 rep range then 4-2 then 1-2 rep range. then I do 3 supersets with a 12 rep range of another bi exercise. So far I have only been using barbell curls and reverse curls for the superset. any advice guys? thanks alot for your help!

one more thing!

sorry the address was http://www.musclegaintips.com/

TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TomGS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your workout is probably ok, but what about your diet? You have to take in ltos of calories and gain weight to put muscle on any part fo your body. This doesnt apply when you first start lifting, which would explain how you put an inch on your arms ar first.

arms

I didnt just start working out in sept, I have been lifting weights for a while now on and off. When I first started lifting I gained some mass and didnt have to eat any different. Now, I eat 6 meals a day. I get in about 230 grams of protien a day. Right now I"m just loosing the little bit of fat I have on my stomach because it was getting out of hand, I'm doing that by doing cardio 3 times a week. Its no more then 5 pounds of fat overall, its just looking way too smooth and I dont like that. N e ways I take in a lot of cals, and only eat healthy so I dont think its the food factor, I am ecto so that could pay a part in it, but still I know other ecto's who have 15" arms.

synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    im an ecto (that is it takes a lot of work for us to gain right?)
    well, yea u have to eat a lot. my arms are 15" but in my case im 6' so it doesnt look to big.
    it is still disappointing for us when girls got bigger arms. 1" is a good gain.
    u must eat a lot, unfortuanely u will gain fat too. u must cut down the cvardio and focus on the lifting

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm an ecto/hardgainer or whatever you wanna call it, and i found the best way to gain in arm size is doing bi's and tri's on the same day. I didnt really take a look at your program but the type that worked best for me was doing 3 excersizes for each muscle and doing 2-3 sets of 5-8 reps. It worked pretty good for me but I'm only using this as an example for my personal training, so dont expect any miracles.

Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Forearms

Back in December this same question was asked, Big Vince (I think) suggested working the forearms. Best advice I ever got. After training forearms for 2 weeks, my bicep strength and size increased dramatically. Thank you to whoever suggested that BTW.

Rink has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Forearms

You mean working forearms to increase width of arms(biceps + tris?) excuse my ignorance, but that dosen't exactly make sense to me...

I just do comppund movements and my forearm size goes up with out me specificall focusing on them

Originally posted by Sabercat
    Back in December this same question was asked, Big Vince (I think) suggested working the forearms. Best advice I ever got. After training forearms for 2 weeks, my bicep strength and size increased dramatically. Thank you to whoever suggested that BTW.

parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete parapete
    working forearms increases your grip and allows you to handle heavier weight in arm exercises as well as all upper body movements. You don't need to work them hard as they do get a lot of indirect work, but you should target them on a fairly regular basis.
    J.P. Fux quote "Bodybuilding is not a step by step process. If you don't erupt into a mountain overnight, its time to quit"

Seek and yee shall find!

What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

what forearm exercises should I do??

how many reps/sets? thanks!!

synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    also if u r 16 man im 20 it doesnt come easy so work hard

I'm 19, I'm jsut saying that 16 year olds here have 15" arms
    I know its not easy, not at all, nor do I expect it or even want it to be. Its something special, only a small number of our great pupulation will have a great body!

this fact that 16 yr olds have bigger arms pisses me off and i use this energy for my work outs !

scoobie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To increase your grip strength try setting the pins in a power rack to just below arms length load up a bar and just hold onto that sucker for time. Each week increase time or wieght. Also hanging froma chinup bar is good.

Also train your brachialis. Most people focus on the biceps brachii. Try this routine out:
    EZ bar Reverse curls 5x4-6 reps 5 sec negative
    Hammer curls 3x6-8 2 sec neg
    Bar hangs 2 sets for 30-60 sec

Try it for four weeks once every 5-7 days and your arms should become bigger, stronger and have great forearm development.