biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

not hungry in the morning

So I'm never hungry in the morning, or even if i am, i can't eat a lot. I usually try to have 2 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, and a small bowl of kashi go lean crunch, but i just can't get it all down. (I also have some blueberries and a glass of milk) I feel like i'm gonna get sick if i come close to eating it all. Sometimes I've just been having a casein protein shake with the milk instead of the eggs because eggs fill me up sooo quickly. Any ideas of what I should do, i'm trying to gain some size. Eating high calories the rest of the day isn't a problem, but breakfast kills me.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by biglen18 View Post
    So I'm never hungry in the morning, or even if i am, i can't eat a lot. I usually try to have 2 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, and a small bowl of kashi go lean crunch, but i just can't get it all down. (I also have some blueberries and a glass of milk) I feel like i'm gonna get sick if i come close to eating it all. Sometimes I've just been having a casein protein shake with the milk instead of the eggs because eggs fill me up sooo quickly. Any ideas of what I should do, i'm trying to gain some size. Eating high calories the rest of the day isn't a problem, but breakfast kills me.
    then dont eat breakfast and eat more later
    save it for a nice big PWO
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50) KingCrimson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    then dont eat breakfast and eat more later
    save it for a nice big PWO
    This.

biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglen18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    think i'll still be able to put on the size if i'm not eatin a big breakfast? Or is it just the macro's that matter

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Or is it just the macro's that matter
    ding ding ding
    meal timing and frequency are irrelevant
    2 meals 6 meals, it doesnt matter
    just hit your daily totals
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

aight sounds good, thanks man

ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Actually, I disagree with all of that advice. You need to eat breakfast. Even if you just eat those couple eggs and some carbs - eating upon waking is necessary. Try a protein shake or something that is easy to guzzle down that will at least get something in you system. Then eat you heavier meals later when you can stomach them.
    I'm living it, I'm doing it.

My training journal: http://downeyworksout.com/join

I rep back 100%! Reps owed on recharge:

Originally Posted by ChicagoBldr View Post
    Actually, I disagree with all of that advice. You need to eat breakfast. Even if you just eat those couple eggs and some carbs - eating upon waking is necessary. Try a protein shake or something that is easy to guzzle down that will at least get something in you system. Then eat you heavier meals later when you can stomach them.
    meal frequency = myth
    Founder of MMDELAD

Registered User AussieTrapezius's Avatar
    AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AussieTrapezius is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Look at the warrior diet, one meal a day right at the end of the day. As an endomorph I am finding this the best way for me to get lean.

BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you can't eat a big breakfast, then don't eat a big breakfast. But cutting out breakfast entirely isn't necessary. Just eat what you can.

Yeah sure, meal frequency is a myth. But just because 6-8 meals a day isn't necessary, that doesn't mean that 1 meal a day is optimal.

People that claim they have great results with the warrior diet would get the same results if they ate the same amount of calories spread throughout the day.
    It's being a part of the Red, White and Green that makes me a Rooting Machine. And when you feel my mighty Stallion, you will know you have been with a true Italian. :D

Edit Dec 2009: ^^^^^^^^^^^^ I was gay when I was 15.

ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoBldr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    meal frequency = myth
    Nowhere did I say anything about meal frequency. You have to eat breakfast, period. Your body hasn't eaten in over eight hours and is craving food, that is the ideal time to feed it - give it energy and nutrients. I don't care when you eat after that as long as you hit your macros.

If "having a casein protein shake with the milk instead of the eggs because eggs fill me up sooo quickly" works and doesn't make you sick, then eat that, but put at least a little bit of protein and carbs in your body after waking and eat whenever you want after that.
    I'm living it, I'm doing it.

My training journal: http://downeyworksout.com/join

I rep back 100%! Reps owed on recharge:

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I suspect that not being hungry in the morning may mean (aside from cases when one ate a LOT the previous day) that one is under stress and did not rest well.

I say this because when I sleep well and my eating and exercise are working out well, I wake up hungry as f_ck. But when my metabolism is sh_t, when I go to bed late, when I have stress, I notice I don't want breakfast...

The All-American American Woody-5's Avatar
    Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Woody-5 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm never hungry when I wake up- usually not till an hour or two later
    I usually just have something small like a banana then toss back a protein shake with milk and oats. Easy to drink when I'm not hungry and it's about 500 calories to start the day even if I don't have anything solid

braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000) braden101 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Force that sh*t down brutha. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Your coming out of an 8 hour fast and your body needs to be refueled!

I use to not be able to eat breakfast for years, then i got into training and proper nutrition i finally decided to start force feeding breakfast (not much fun). Took a bit of will power but after a few weeks you get use to it, i now cant go 10 minutes being awake without beign crippled with hunger lol

A great way to get those calories in are shakes, this is what my breakfast shake looks like -

4oz of Oats - 400 cals of Carbs
    2oz of Whey - 200 cals of Protein
    1oz of peanut Butter - 150 cals of fat.

Blended up with 500ml of cold water and 5g of creatine monohydrate.

Then throw back a multivitamin and 2 fish oil caps.

Quick, easy to get down, and a great macro ratio to start the day.

SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000) SlimmJimm is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you ain't hungry you ain't training hard enough. The only reason I wake up is because I'm starving in the morning. My body won't let me sleep unless I stuff myself before bed and eat early in the morning. This is only while I am bodybuilding. I took over a year off previously and I know hunger is associated with training.

Registered User TheHeirApparent's Avatar
    TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    just drink the milk with a handful of blue berries and have fun with those extra macros
    Point the biggest skeptic out, I'll make him a believer.

R.I.P. Koloseum Gym

LOG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131240113

energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) energenetic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SlimmJimm View Post
    If you ain't hungry you ain't training hard enough. The only reason I wake up is because I'm starving in the morning. My body won't let me sleep unless I stuff myself before bed and eat early in the morning. This is only while I am bodybuilding. I took over a year off previously and I know hunger is associated with training.
    I don't think this is true. I've been active my entire life. On days I've played basketball 4+ hours on end, or pushed myself through 2hr workouts flush with dropsets, I'll still wake up the next day and not be hungry. Sure, in 1-2 hours the appetite will come, but not immediately.

For me, my stomach acidity has always been quite high, particularly in the morning, which could possibly be the culprit, but the point is what's true for some is not true for everyone.

bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigguy19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ChicagoBldr View Post
    You have to eat breakfast, IMO
    fixed
    Bench: 275
    Squat: 475 (wraps)
    Deadlift: 475
    Total: 1225

Clean-300
    Front squat:315x3 225x15 ATG
    Snatch: 185x3
    Clean and Jerk: 275

Repping Back since 1992

Squat stats are invalid unless proven by video

get big or get fat trying NaLLa8705's Avatar
    NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NaLLa8705 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    think i'll still be able to put on the size if i'm not eatin a big breakfast? Or is it just the macro's that matter
    Hit the macros

Originally Posted by BadWog View Post
    If you can't eat a big breakfast, then don't eat a big breakfast. But cutting out breakfast entirely isn't necessary. Just eat what you can.

Yeah sure, meal frequency is a myth. But just because 6-8 meals a day isn't necessary, that doesn't mean that 1 meal a day is optimal.

People that claim they have great results with the warrior diet would get the same results if they ate the same amount of calories spread throughout the day.
    Good insight... repped

Do what works into your schedule best. For some its one meal a day, for others its 8 meals a day. More than anything hit your macros

rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    > You have to eat breakfast, period.
    Proof please.

> Your body hasn't eaten in over eight hours and is craving food
    OMG! Eight whole hours? Goodness me, we'll shrivel up and die if we wait a minute longer to feed this horribly inefficient machine of a body that can't function well without constant stoking of the fire!

The OP said he's not hungry in the morning. Hunger is the body's way of telling you it wants food. If you're not hungry, your body probably doesn't need food yet. It's really that simple. I'm the same way in that I don't get hungry until about noon, so I don't eat until about noon. I also lift and do cardio in the morning, with no ill effects from my extended fast.

typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rpdm View Post
    > You have to eat breakfast, period.
    Proof please.

> Your body hasn't eaten in over eight hours and is craving food
    OMG! Eight whole hours? Goodness me, we'll shrivel up and die if we wait a minute longer to feed this horribly inefficient machine of a body that can't function well without constant stoking of the fire!

The OP said he's not hungry in the morning. Hunger is the body's way of telling you it wants food. If you're not hungry, your body probably doesn't need food yet. It's really that simple. I'm the same way in that I don't get hungry until about noon, so I don't eat until about noon. I also lift and do cardio in the morning, with no ill effects from my extended fast.
    I disagree. I basically trained myself and my body to not eat and not be hungry. I am now paying the price for that. To many times we aren't listening to what our body needs. I need to force myself to eat or I wouldn't bring in enough calories. Does he need to eat as soon as he walks up? of course not. Should he eat something before a work out? Yes, your body needs energy and if you're burning cals on an empty stomach from sleeping chances are you maybe burning muscle for fuel. Lastly, to eat every 6 hours isn't a myth. It's to keep your blood sugar/insulin levels balanced. This stops crashing, food bingeing, hunger pings, and stops your body going into a fat storage. This has all been scientifically proven.

Suck down a cup of low fat skim milk 30 minutes before a workout if you can. Milk has carbs and protein to get you through that workout until you can have your post-workout recovery drink.
    . t y p h o n .

Nice shoes brah, they match your shirt.....

"Steal from yourselves, it never felt so good" - Chevelle

rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpdm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    > I disagree.
    Good. I'd hate to be surrounded by people who agree with me.

> To many times we aren't listening to what our body needs.
    Which was my point: listen to your body and give it what it needs. I'm not sure how ignoring your body's needs for an extended time and acclimating it to your wants disproves my point.

> Lastly, to eat every 6 hours isn't a myth.
    It's not the only truth either.

almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How do you know its a myth?

Eating breakfast is a must for me because 98% of the time I am starving when I wake up.