EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Skullcrusher/Tri Extension Question

I was always taught to do both of these exercises with my elbows pointing straight ahead and my arms basically being parallel with each other and my head.

The more videos I see, including Ronnie Coleman videos I see elbows point out kind've at a 45 degree angel from the head, which is right? Does Coleman just do it that way because his arms are so big.

Also when doing skullcrushers, is it better to bring the weight down beyond your head or bring it straight towards your forehead. What's the difference in the two exercises, which muscles would one target more then the other

Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loctus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just do what feels natural, if you hold your elbows together too much, you might injure yourself. If you feel any kind of pain, just tilt your elbows out alittle.

jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmusclehead is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by EdgarAllanPoe View Post
    I was always taught to do both of these exercises with my elbows pointing straight ahead and my arms basically being parallel with each other and my head.

The more videos I see, including Ronnie Coleman videos I see elbows point out kind've at a 45 degree angel from the head, which is right? Does Coleman just do it that way because his arms are so big.

Also when doing skullcrushers, is it better to bring the weight down beyond your head or bring it straight towards your forehead. What's the difference in the two exercises, which muscles would one target more then the other
    I would keep the elbows in tight as possible to keep the tension on the triceps. I bring it to my forehead or slightly above the forehead. I think either way is okay. It's more of a comfort thing. Ronnie's arms are so huge that he may not be able to keep them in as tight.

tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4919 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    When doing lying tricep extensions with a bar, you want your arms extended at a 45 degree angle behind your head. This will isolate the triceps much more, and give them more of a stretch when you bring the bar down.

EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    thanks