mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

can someone help?

i have been stuck on the bench since last april. i was wondering if anyone had any plateu busting tips for the bench. its kinda werid because this is the only lift i have gotten stuck on. squat and dead have gone up like 80-100 lbs since last april.

heres some info on me.
    weight 170
    Bench 235

I eat about 2,300 calories, 40-50 g of protein, 200-280g of carbs, 175 g of protein.

mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10) mesayseo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    oh yeah my fault.

on my chest and tri day here is what i do

Bench 5x5
    Skull crusher 3x10
    Closegrip bench 3x10
    DB Press's 4x5
    Dips 4x25

i just recently started to do inclined and declined to see if it helps starting at 3x10

dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dexterium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mesayseo View Post
    i have been stuck on the bench since last april. i was wondering if anyone had any plateu busting tips for the bench. its kinda werid because this is the only lift i have gotten stuck on. squat and dead have gone up like 80-100 lbs since last april.

heres some info on me.
    weight 170
    Bench 235

I eat about 2,300 calories, 40-50 g of protein, 200-280g of carbs, 175 g of protein.
    2300 calories eh. I would say you want to up that to 3000 calories. Experiment with higher calories because I think that you will see higher strength increases on higher calories, no doubt. If this doesn't work for you, feel free to Private Message me and I can help you work things out . 40-50 g of fat you mean? Your Protein intake is fine. Your carbs and fat should be increased. How is your water intake? What does your supplement regime look like (This is the VERY last factor anyone should worry about!)?

As far as training goes, I suggest that AFTER you get more calories (at least try it!), then check out some of the articles on bodybuilding.com on different strategies to get your bench up and then please post your experience in here, I am sure some would be appreciative.

Dex
    Last edited by dexterium; 01-25-2007 at 05:05 PM.
    USPlabs Representative. Alpha Manlet.

Deadlift: 525 lbs at 164 lb body weight. No straps. 3.2 x bw.
    Squat: 260 lbs x 15 reps to parallel at 164 body weight. No belt. No wraps.
    Dumbbell Bench Press: 100 lb dumbbells x 14 reps at 164 lb body weight.

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Doing more exercises and/or sets is not the answer. When was the last time you took some time off from lifting? Maybe it's time to take a break or do inclines for a while then switch back to flat.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

Well thanks for the advice so far its definently helping me see somethings i should be doing and things i shouldnt be doing.

yeah i probably should up the cals huh?
    about how much fat and carbs should i be getting?

oh yeah truthfully i havent taken a breakfrom lifting in a long time.