Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What does unflavored protein powder taste like?

I was thinking of ordering some from proteincustomizer to mix w/ cottage cheese and other stuff for a before-bed meal. Will this be ok, or should I look for some flavored stuff. Proteincustomizer seems to be a good deal, and I'm told it's quality stuff.

drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It all depends on what kind of protein. Be specific.

Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blown00Mustang will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by drvnwun
    It all depends on what kind of protein. Be specific.
    I was looking at proteincustomizer's "Night Time Anti-Catabolic Formula"

40% Micellar Casein

30% Milk Isolate

20% CFM Whey Isolate

10% L-Glutamine
    Seems like good stuff for a good price, which is just what the doctor ordered for my budget.

drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500) drvnwun is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well, I think that most of that formula is a waste of $, but you just wanted an opinion on unflavored protein, soooo.....

micellar casein-tastes fine, kinda creamy
    milk isolate-little bland, but not too bad
    glutamine-no taste, unless they're peptides, from what I've heard
    CFM-never had it

Hope that helps....

pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i would just customize a formula and have it flavored with milk isolates and egg protein.

philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) philhill4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't listen to that other dude the formula is not a waste of money that is just plain stupid. I would advise though dropping the micellar casein and just using milk isolate as your slow protein. You will save money but if you are definite on wanting the Micellar then just go for it and do all micellar for your slow protein. No need to use both just choose one or the other. Same principal would apply to choosing between whey concentrate or isolate.

pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    phil it actually is a waste of money if he's getting this protein blend for JUST before bed...cottage cheese is perfectly fine by itself to be anti-catabolic

ThemoLife Alter Ego SupaNatural's Avatar
    SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by philhill4
    Don't listen to that other dude the formula is not a waste of money that is just plain stupid. I would advise though dropping the micellar casein and just using milk isolate as your slow protein. You will save money but if you are definite on wanting the Micellar then just go for it and do all micellar for your slow protein. No need to use both just choose one or the other. Same principal would apply to choosing between whey concentrate or isolate.
    MPI contains micellar, so why go w/micellar when you can get it from MPI?

Originally posted by philhill4
    Don't listen to that other dude the formula is not a waste of money that is just plain stupid.
    How is my advice stupid, genius??? Let's see the breakdown...

Micellar casein-derived from milk isolate, expensive, many agree that milk isolate is just as good for less $. Still a great protein, just not cost effective. But that's just my opinion.
    Milk isolate-good stuff
    CFM whey-great, fast-digesting protein, FOR POST WORKOUT. No reason to use it as a night time protein, pricey.
    glutamine-possibly good for cutting, but not too popular nowadays.

Now, enlighten me on what I missed?

Originally posted by pinoy
    i would just customize a formula and have it flavored with milk isolates and egg protein.
    That's exactly what I use. Mix w/oats for an mrp, or down it w/ flax for a 3am shake.

How exactly would you set up your mix (ratios) for a before-bed mix?
    phil it actually is a waste of money if he's getting this protein blend for JUST before bed...cottage cheese is perfectly fine by itself to be anti-catabolic
    How much cottage cheese would I have to consume to have enough protein to last thru the night? (I don't know how much protein/serving is in it.)
    Last edited by Blown00Mustang; 05-01-2003 at 07:21 AM.

very concerned w/ mTOR's An Inconvenient Bro's Avatar
    An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) An Inconvenient Bro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the night formula we have was made (designed) by someone else, as mentioned just use milk iso over micellar and save money, with the exception of taste I believe highly in egg and milk isolate, mine night formula personally would look like this
    70% milk isolate
    20% egg
    10% whey (of some form)
    very cheap and effective, plus I eat cottage cheese before bed along with a ton of other food, actually this is probably my biggest meal of the day but that's another story. Don't overcomplicate the stuff too much it's just not necessary I usually have this pre-bed, a milk iso/egg blend during the day and a post workout shake, but as for this blend unflavored it woldn't be that great unless you had a way to flavor it yourself.

Dannyboy5000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Unflavored protein tastes like ass

Originally posted by Blown00Mustang
    How exactly would you set up your mix (ratios) for a before-bed mix? How much cottage cheese would I have to consume to have enough protein to last thru the night? (I don't know how much protein/serving is in it.)
    i would make a 50/30/20 MPI/Egg/Whey mix which can be used for the WHOLE day, not for just before-bed. 1/2 cup to 1 cup of cottage cheese is fine

i would make a 50/30/20 MPI/Egg/Whey mix which can be used for the WHOLE day, not for just before-bed. 1/2 cup to 1 cup of cottage cheese is fine
    Is that (the cottage cheese amount) when mixed w/ the powder you suggested?

Originally posted by Customizer
    ...but as for this blend unflavored it woldn't be that great unless you had a way to flavor it yourself.
    Would it taste OK if I mixed it w/ cottage cheese? Or w/ oats and flax (maybe) during the day?

Originally posted by Blown00Mustang
    Is that (the cottage cheese amount) when mixed w/ the powder you suggested?
    no just cottage cheese by itself

bump

pinoy, What I meant was, should I take .5-1 cups of cottage cheese by itself, or mix it w/ protein powder. But I think I know what you meant - mix that cottage cheese w/ the powder. Right?

Also, how would the blend you suggested ("50/30/20 MPI/Egg/Whey mix which can be used for the WHOLE day") UNFLAVORED taste when I mix it with milk, oats, and flax seed? Right now I'm using Optimum whey in vanilla and I love the way it tastes. But I realize that it's digesting too quickly. Esp since I often will use this as a breakfast MRP due to time constraints.
    Last edited by Blown00Mustang; 05-01-2003 at 09:54 PM.

it's up to you if you want to mix in some protein powder with cottage cheese, mix it in if you need to meet your daily protein requirements.

why not just get the flavored protein? only a few bucks more..or order a couple pounds of flavored and unflavored and see how it goes..

why not just get the flavored protein? only a few bucks more..or order a couple pounds of flavored and unflavored and see how it goes..
    Good advice. If you want to save a few bucks, then get some unflavored, try it, and if you can't handle it, then just mix it with some flavored stuff like Optimum. The one powder I would be careful of getting unflavored is egg-too much of that in an unflavored mix and you'll gag for sure.