RegalTruth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long should I bulk?

Hey guys,

I have decided to bulk for the first time. I know my bf is a little high, but I have gotten burned out from cutting from 300 pounds and as you can see, I have little muscle mass. I believe the cutting did a number on my metabolism, as well as my psyche (developed a small binge eating problem). This is the first time I've eaten above maintenance in my normal dieting plan since 2006. I was wondering from my current pics how long I should bulk for before trying a final cut to get down to 10% bf? And what would you say my current bf is at? Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images
    DETERMINED

loco10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loco10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loco10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loco10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loco10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loco10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loco10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loco10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loco10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loco10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) loco10 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Hmmm Id say bulk until you feel you got a decent amount of muscle, should take couple months, if your BF gets too high you can cut, clean bulk slowly

your BF seems to be around 18-22%

Cam_NZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cam_NZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cam_NZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cam_NZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cam_NZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cam_NZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cam_NZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cam_NZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cam_NZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cam_NZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cam_NZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by loco10 View Post
    Hmmm Id say bulk until you feel you got a decent amount of muscle, should take couple years, if your BF gets too high you can cut, clean bulk slowly

your BF seems to be around 18-22%
    i dont think you should bulk for a few months. its easier to bulk once and be happy with it

boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) boogie102786 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I just started bulking at a fairly high bf% too. Probably somewhere in the 17-20% range. I've cut down from 230lbs and like you I just don't have as much muscle as I'd like. Mainly tho, it'd got to the point where I was eating 1700 cals a day and still not losing. I have to take a break if nothing else. For now I considering myself slow bulking. Strength is going up, I have more energy, and I feel amazing. I was on a calorie deficit for so long I feel like superman now. lol
    What I lack in hight, I make up for in shortness.

Thanks for the responses guys...it's hard to be objective on what's the best for yourself. I have this voice in my head tellin' me to cut after a month or two, but I know I need more to look decent when I cut ( and not have to eat 1700 cals when I do.). So since I'm 217 now, and a 39 inch waist and a 39.5 inch chest, what benchmark should I use to stop cutting? Say a special measurement? Is there something u use to know to stop bulking? Thanks in advance.
    DETERMINED

Bump? Anyone?
    DETERMINED

*STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RegalTruth View Post
    Bump? Anyone?

IMO with your bf where its at I wouldnt bulk ... period !!!

Keep cutting , lose the fat and then do a slow clean bulk.

rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rapxiii has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RegalTruth View Post
    Bump? Anyone?
    i'd say stop bulking whenever you feel like stopping. But since you have cut weight for a while, it will be wise to go clean bulking for 3-6 months, because if you continue cutting with little mass, you will look like a skinny anorexic dude. Go bulk and dont be afraid of the fat u will gain (I learned this through experience) since you know you can cut those fats anyway. Just go CLEAN bulk. goodluck bro