1st Post Thread Ender FlyinTurdNugget's Avatar
    FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Football tryouts Feb 22... need to prepare....

Serious responses only please...

So I'm about 3 weeks out from walk on tryouts here at my school (D1 AA).

Been busting my ass in the gym, running and what not.

I'm coming down the final stretch here of what I've been working so hard for for the past year. Walk on tryouts.

What kind of exercises/drills/sprints/etc can I do to MAKE 100% SURE I'm ready for whatever is thrown at me on Feb. 22?

I can play the game, thats not an issue. Played in high school. My concern is being explosive, quick, fast, able to run come tryout day. I know all the training I've done will help these... just want to make sure I'm ready!

So... hit me.... thanks brahs... good answers will be reppppzzzzeeddd
    /\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\

Founder of the Germanic Crew

jdelarod is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdelarod is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdelarod is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdelarod is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdelarod is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdelarod is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdelarod is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdelarod is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdelarod is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdelarod is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdelarod is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    3 weeks out Id focus on skills and conditioning.

Its not what you do the next 3 weeks, its what you did the last 6 months.

Better to be a little undertrained the last weke or so and be fully prepared than to be overtrained or hurt.

Rugger w/ a throwing prob xxtwistedxx's Avatar
    xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    look up some precombine prep workouts? good place to start

DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    speed and conditioning, but honestly you better have been working hard for a substantial amount of time, because that is what is gonna show like another poster said, not what you do the next 3 weeks
    CON-CRET LOG-http:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=636607883

Football Log-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130506763

Phil 4:13

Isaiah 51:12

feelsgoodman1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feelsgoodman1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feelsgoodman1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feelsgoodman1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feelsgoodman1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feelsgoodman1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    who wants to make bets that this dude will get cut rolf

FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FlyinTurdNugget is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by feelsgoodman1 View Post
    who wants to make bets that this dude will get cut rolf
    First off you're red.

Second off, what would make you say that? You don't know me, what I've been through to prepare, or what I'm capable of.

Who wants to make bets you're still red a few months from now?

xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FlyinTurdNugget View Post
    First off you're red.

Second off, what would make you say that? You don't know me, what I've been through to prepare, or what I'm capable of.

dont feed the troll

datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck dude. Let's us know what happens. Do you know what there are gonna do? I've heard some schools doing combine testing and some just putting walk-ons through hell just to see if they can take it and if so they will get to stay.

Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000) Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000) Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000) Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000) Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000) Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000) Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000) Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000) Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000) Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000) Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are you taking any time off before the try out?

Originally Posted by datk_22 View Post
    Good luck dude. Let's us know what happens. Do you know what there are gonna do? I've heard some schools doing combine testing and some just putting walk-ons through hell just to see if they can take it and if so they will get to stay.
    Thanks man.
    Not entirely sure what theyre going to do but from what I hear its some combine testing, then some other stuff. BUT ... that was a few coaches ago. Heard it from a friend that made the team our freshman year. He was cut the next year but he's trying out again this year (two coaches later)
    Originally Posted by Nerrg View Post
    Are you taking any time off before the try out?
    Not sure. Should I? Should I not lift/not run? Run but not lift? Lift but not run? Or just do both?

If I continue the routine I'm on now, I will have a full two days of rest before the tryout- I can also alter it so I have about 3-4 days of rest before the tryout.

paulstar35 is not very helpful. (-500) paulstar35 is not very helpful. (-500) paulstar35 is not very helpful. (-500) paulstar35 is not very helpful. (-500) paulstar35 is not very helpful. (-500) paulstar35 is not very helpful. (-500) paulstar35 is not very helpful. (-500) paulstar35 is not very helpful. (-500) paulstar35 is not very helpful. (-500) paulstar35 is not very helpful. (-500) paulstar35 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Good Luck man id say just work on sprint work for a week and half then stretching up to the tryouts and some light weight work and running.

feelsgoodman1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feelsgoodman1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feelsgoodman1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feelsgoodman1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feelsgoodman1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) feelsgoodman1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First off you're red.

yes im red but lets face it your 5'11 190 thats to small for d1. and you lifts are week. and you do know walk on tryouts its not base on football skills. its based on how strong and atheltic you are. so with those lifts. and your small size. unless you run a 4.4 you are not making the team. try a d3 team man

Originally Posted by feelsgoodman1 View Post
    yes im red but lets face it your 5'11 190 thats to small for d1. and you lifts are week. and you do know walk on tryouts its not base on football skills. its based on how strong and atheltic you are. so with those lifts. and your small size. unless you run a 4.4 you are not making the team. try a d3 team man
    Thanks for the motivational advice.

Just to humor you, I'll run down the list of the DBs and their size on the team now

5'11" 190
    5'9" 176
    6'0" 190
    6'1" 175
    5'10" 175
    6' 210

Since I don't have time to list the 30 some odd DB's on the team, I'll stop there... But most of them are in the 170-180 range, same height as me.

And yes, I'm fast. Played WR/CB in high school, played forward in soccer in high school.

If you want to just leave the thread now, that'd be nice... unless of course you have something... valuable ... to bring to the discussion.

Thanks.

EDIT: nvm, looks like you have been banned. see ya troll.

Thanks for the motivational advice.

Just to humor you, I'll run down the list of the DBs and their size on the team now

5'11" 190
    5'9" 176
    6'0" 190
    6'1" 175
    5'10" 175
    6' 210

Since I don't have time to list the 30 some odd DB's on the team, I'll stop there... But most of them are in the 170-180 range, same height as me.

And yes, I'm fast. Played WR/CB in high school, played forward in soccer in high school.

If you want to just leave the thread now, that'd be nice... unless of course you have something... valuable ... to bring to the discussion.

Thanks.

EDIT: nvm, looks like you have been banned. see ya troll.
    now ure just rattling the cage. hes banned anyways

I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Personally, it is pretty late in the game to change up your strategy too much and see results. It sounds like you are fairly well prepared physically. For a bigger bang, I would focus a lot on nutrition right now and making sure that you are well fed for the weeks preparing for the task ahead. Also make sure you have all the pre and during workout nutrition down for the actual day of. Our try outs took 3+ hours and I actually had several hundred calories during the workout which was helpful for the second half of the day.

Originally Posted by kfisherx View Post
    Personally, it is pretty late in the game to change up your strategy too much and see results. It sounds like you are fairly well prepared physically. For a bigger bang, I would focus a lot on nutrition right now and making sure that you are well fed for the weeks preparing for the task ahead. Also make sure you have all the pre and during workout nutrition down for the actual day of. Our try outs took 3+ hours and I actually had several hundred calories during the workout which was helpful for the second half of the day.
    thank you. will rep on recharge.

Originally Posted by xxtwistedxx View Post
    now ure just rattling the cage. hes banned anyways
    yeah lol.. i didnt even realize he was banned when i made the post. oh well.

BAMBAM78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BAMBAM78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BAMBAM78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BAMBAM78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BAMBAM78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BAMBAM78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BAMBAM78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BAMBAM78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BAMBAM78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BAMBAM78 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BAMBAM78 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would do a lot of sprints! 30-45 rest 40's, Gassers (sideline to sideline) or 100's. If you can stay in front when you already ran 15 sprints, they will take notice! good luck

goldengopher91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goldengopher91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goldengopher91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goldengopher91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goldengopher91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goldengopher91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goldengopher91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goldengopher91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goldengopher91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goldengopher91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goldengopher91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck. At 5'11 190 sounds like a good size for db. I dont know what that other guy was talking about dbs aren't 6'2 250.

Were you recruited out of high school anywhere?

Strength/Speed Coach Jhawk Fitness's Avatar
    Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000) Jhawk Fitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do you know what your tryouts consist of? If they were anything like ones my college used it was the 40, vertical jump and a ton of running to weed out the lazy.
    Director of Sports Performance
    NSCA-RSCC & CSCS , NASM-CES
    Nike SPARQ Trainer

Vist www.TopSpeedTraining.com, also find us on social media:
    http://www.********.com/TopSpeedSportsPerformance
    Twitter & Instagram = @TopSpeedLLC

Originally Posted by goldengopher91 View Post
    Good luck. At 5'11 190 sounds like a good size for db. I dont know what that other guy was talking about dbs aren't 6'2 250.

Were you recruited out of high school anywhere?
    lol my thoughts exactly. although the last few days I've had a change of heart a little bit. Probably going to try WR now. There are sooo many db's on the team right now, only a handful of WR's. Plus I feel I always excelled at WR compared to DB.

I wasnt able to play past 10th grade because of my crohn's disease so no, was not recruited.

Originally Posted by Jhawk Fitness View Post
    Do you know what your tryouts consist of? If they were anything like ones my college used it was the 40, vertical jump and a ton of running to weed out the lazy.
    Ive heard tryouts will consist of exactly what you said. Lots of running. Was also told there'd be some contact, but that was also with the old coach, so I dont know now.

vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50) vayx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nutrition, sprints/conditioning, lift for your remaining 2 weeks. Take the last week off to repair all torn muscles and recouperate.

If its anything like our stuff we did 40's, maxes for lifting (Bench, Squat, Pullup) and running/positional stuff.

Best thing you can do is just be mentally prepared for anything, dont let anything throw you off, especially going up against someone whos just gonna get in your head if your doing some 1on1's.

best of luck
    Man on a mission