icebreaker3d has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Small body frame question

I am 22 years old, 5'7" and weight around 125. One of the things I am concerned about is my body frame. I have a very small body frame - short shoulders, small chest, etc. As I am getting older I get told I look really young since my body isn't worked out and my frame is small. I guess I am wondering if my body frame will expand as I workout. Will working out my back make my shoulders appear longer and chest appear wider?

getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you cant do anything about the size of bones or anything but the more muscle you put on the wider and thicker you will look
    throw on a few more plates on that bar, and get jacked.

If you leave the gym and you don't feel like your about to throw up.... get back in there you didnt hit it hard enough

weightmate is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightmate is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightmate is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightmate is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightmate is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightmate is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightmate is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightmate is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightmate is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightmate is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightmate is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    all the motivation to workout. think of when your swole and the b**ches come a crawlin

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes, working out wil lhelp your frame fill out. I too had a very small frame growing up. My senior year of high school, I graduated at 5'11" @ 145lbs. I had no shoulders, no muscle mass, nothing. I was thin as a rail.

I'm still not big by any means, but I've had some people say I have "broad" shoulders (actually don't see that) and regularly get compliments on my back. But I have fairly decent size for the runners frame I was "blessed" with.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by icebreaker3d View Post
    I am 22 years old, 5'7" and weight around 125. One of the things I am concerned about is my body frame. I have a very small body frame - short shoulders, small chest, etc. As I am getting older I get told I look really young since my body isn't worked out and my frame is small. I guess I am wondering if my body frame will expand as I workout. Will working out my back make my shoulders appear longer and chest appear wider?
    --------------------------------------

Yes, as a brief answer to your questions. As has been said, while you can't change your bone structure--and mine is on the medium side at best, you can work with what you've got and give yourself the illusion of looking wider. If you have narrow shoulders, focus on military presses for the whole shoulder complex and laterals. For back, chins or pulldowns, and rows for thickness. And so on. If you manage to add quality muscle--and time is on your side, so you should be able to do it with proper training and eating--then you'll look a whole lot different than when you started. Larry Scott (the first Mr. O) and Franco Columbu (also Mr. O) come to mind; neither had perfect or even close to perfect structures, yet they became champions. They did it by working on their weak points and made themselves thick all over, so much so that any defiencies they had didn't seem to matter. You can do the same.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    Yes, working out wil lhelp your frame fill out. I too had a very small frame growing up. My senior year of high school, I graduated at 5'11" @ 145lbs. I had no shoulders, no muscle mass, nothing. I was thin as a rail.

I'm still not big by any means, but I've had some people say I have "broad" shoulders (actually don't see that) and regularly get compliments on my back. But I have fairly decent size for the runners frame I was "blessed" with.
    Like chaz, i was about 150 at the end of high school and now getting bigger, not stopping until im 220 even if its only 1lb a month...
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bodybuilding is very much an illusion, not all bodybuilders have the perfect, ideal bone structure, a lot of them are just like the rest of us. while some are just genetic freaks, destine to build muscle and show it off, a lot of them are ectos and endos and must deal with the body they've been delt. I would suggest doing big basic compound movements and now again throwing in a few exercises to widen you, or make you look wider. e.g. side lateral raises. Doing heavy power movements will help develop that herculean density, while the isolation movements will help to give you more balance and symmetry.
    current bests
    deadlift- 360
    squat- 260
    bench- 240

Volumizing is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volumizing is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volumizing is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volumizing is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volumizing is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volumizing is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volumizing is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volumizing is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volumizing is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volumizing is on a distinguished road. (+10) Volumizing is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Eating your a** off is the best way to give yourself the frame for weight training and maximum gains.

zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zinghigh89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^ i second that
    current bests
    deadlift- 360
    squat- 260
    bench- 240

www.egyfitness.com Finnegan Bell's Avatar
    Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey bro , I have the same of ur body frame . I know how it is frustrated to meet many people and then look at the mirror to notice you are smaller. Getting muscle size definitely helps and make u look big. Don't worry about narrow waist or shoulders ,u'll look bigger with time.

Chopzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chopzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chopzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chopzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chopzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chopzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chopzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chopzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chopzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chopzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chopzilla is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just keep at it manlet just pay extra close attention to your diet. Your gonna need to eat in order to start putting on size. But once you get that down its a piece of cake! Stay motivated and you'll be filling out shirts in no time

TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TN_WORKOUT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I get told I look really young since my body isn't worked out and my frame is small.
    Facial hair makes you look older.

On a more serious note. Working out ought to make you look better. Chicks dig muscles.

ATCED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ATCED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ATCED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ATCED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ATCED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ATCED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ATCED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ATCED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ATCED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ATCED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ATCED has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by getmoney06 View Post
    you cant do anything about the size of bones or anything but the more muscle you put on the wider and thicker you will look
    icebreaker3d - You can't do anything about the size of your bones but you CAN indeed build bigger bone markings. This is what helps you put on mass. I was a rail thin 6' kid all my life and I have a small frame as well. I'm a solid 200 lbs and have a bit more fat than I'd like but as a small framer I don't mind the little extra fat in the cold months.

Do not go crazy throwing plates on. That is the 100% incorrect way to add mass. A hard gainer (like you and I) needs to focus on high rep counts and moderate to light weights and lift...actually pump at a fast pace with only about 45 secs rest in between sets. You want to attack via sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.

Remember your body is not like (AT ALL) these other guys that are naturally thick or have great genes. We have to work smarter and harder than them and throwing tons of weight for low rep counts is not the answer for adding mass. When you throw tons of weight on you gain strength but not mass. Your muscles will harden but not grow as much as through sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. If you want more info let me know.

Oh and eat clean...although guys like us can get away with a junky snack here and there if our cardio work is done in check. Also, do not go overboard on cardio..it will eat up your muscle gains.

Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    5'7", 146 lbs

Are you shrinking? Eat more.

_OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000)