straferz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to eat >2000 calories a day?

So I'm probably not eating >2000 calories a day.

EDIT: I'm consuming about 1500 calories a day

Breakfast: cereal, milk, yogurt, banana

Lunch: 2 slices of bread, some ham, tomatoes, lettuce, can of tuna, tub of yogurt, milk and 3 pieces of cheddar cheese.

Dinner: bowl of brown rice, meat, many vegetables (brocoli, tomatoes, lettuce, etc), a soup

Supper: milk, yogurt, some cheese and maybe some ice cream.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Lunch doesnt make me feel full at all. I want to gain some lean mass. I dont take any supplements yet...... can someone recommend me a good supplement? What is better ON whey protein 100% or should I get others?

I do take a multivitamin and fish oil.
    Last edited by straferz; 02-03-2010 at 07:51 PM.

seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000) seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000) seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000) seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000) seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000) seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000) seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000) seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000) seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000) seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000) seattlems333 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by straferz View Post

Lunch: 2 loafs of bread, some ham, tomatoes, lettuce, tuna, tub of yogurt, milk and 3 pieces of cheddar cheese.

Dinner: bowl of brown rice, meat, many vegetables (brocoli, tomatoes, lettuce, etc), a soup

Lunch doesnt make me feel full at all. I want to gain some lean mass. I dont take any supplements yet...... can someone recommend me a good supplement? What is better ON whey protein 100% or should I get others?

Are you eating two loaves or two slices of bread at lunch? And it's impossible to tell how many calories you're eating without quantity and measurement estimates.

Originally Posted by seattlems333 View Post
    Are you eating two loaves or two slices of bread at lunch? And it's impossible to tell how many calories you're eating without quantity and measurement estimates.
    oops i meant 2 slices. I will calcualte my caloric intake now...

OK so I calculated my caloric intake to be about 1500 calories. I need to take in more.
    Last edited by straferz; 02-03-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Should I go with full cream milk or skim milk? Also what about flavored milk?

And please I need a good supplement for a beginner.

Firstly I need to sort out my calories THEN work out.

akmark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lunch: 2 slices of bread, some ham, tomatoes, lettuce, can of tuna, tub of yogurt, milk and 3 pieces of cheddar cheese.

Definitely looks like more than 1500 cal, but it also looks like you're having a lot at each meal. Instead of eating so much during each meal, you could split it up and have more snacks...where you'll be able to get some more calories and still be hungrier for your "main" meals.

LuxuryChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuxuryChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuxuryChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuxuryChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuxuryChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuxuryChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuxuryChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuxuryChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuxuryChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuxuryChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuxuryChic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Split it up between 5-7 Meals a day, stopping to eat every 2-4 hrs. Their are also products out there that will make you hungry throughout the day so that u can eat, but I wouldn't necessarily suggest that for a beginner right now. Just focus on eating right, eating more and working out first.

Supplements for a beginner:
    Multi
    Whey
    Creatine

liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    looks like you're not eating enough fats.

Chuck a few Tablespoons of Peanut Butter and a couple handfuls of almonds in there to up the Total Calories quick smart.

Fats do not make you FAT!

You don't need to eat every 2-3 hours but if you feel like you're unable to eat anymore due to fullness, try adding a high calorie shake made with milk, whey and Peanut Butter. It won't fill you up as much and will help cram in the calories.
    Last edited by liammccarthy; 02-03-2010 at 08:25 PM.

DCutch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DCutch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DCutch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DCutch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DCutch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DCutch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DCutch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DCutch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DCutch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DCutch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DCutch has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by liammccarthy View Post
    looks like you're not eating enough fats.

Chuck a few Tablespoons of Peanut Butter and a couple handfuls of almonds in there to up the Total Calories quick smart.

Fats do not make you FAT!
    This. I carry a jar of peanut butter every where I go, just because it is convenient, is extremely calorie dense, and is healthy (I go natty PB)

Paintedblack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that has to be more than 1500 cals, unless youa re eating very small portions of each item you listed

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    [QUOTE=straferz;445033281]So I'm probably not eating >2000 calories a day.

Breakfast: add 2tbsp PB

Lunch: fine

Dinner: add dressing

Supper: add veggies

add 2 snacks-whey shakes, fruit, nuts, PB sandwiches, oatmeal
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark2dx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I need to take in more.
    You don't need to sort anything. Start putting down more food and smashing some iron, then let us know if you still can't gain.

Try adding (more of) these to your diet:

Milk
    Peanut Butter
    Bagels/Oats
    Beans
    Pasta
    Rice

Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonis is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Whole milk is gross in my opinion, but if you can't get enough fat any other way it might work. like someone said above, nuts are very calorie dense and you can get alot of calories in just a handfull (i also find unsalted are easier to eat alot of). Try adding a few eggs a day, either scrambled or hardboiled. Also instead of "some ham" for lunch on you sandwich try a 6oz chicken breast sandwich which is delicious, has alot of protein, and is most likely way bigger than your current meal.

Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Add in some pb&j sandwiches.
    Friendship b/w women:
    A woman doesn't come home one night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a girlfriend's place. Her husband calls 10 of her best friends. None know anything about it.

Friendship b/w men:
    A man doesn't come home one night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's place. His wife calls 10 of the husband's best friends. 8 of them confirm he slept over, the other 2 claim he's still there.

mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mbieker1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Paintedblack View Post
    that has to be more than 1500 cals, unless youa re eating very small portions of each item you listed
    Yeah, that's a bit more than I typically eat, though similar, and I eat 1800 per day.

CKapps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CKapps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Morning : Protein Shake
    1 cup of Oatmeal or Eggs
    Multi-Vitamins

Mid-Afternoon (12:00) : Chicken and Potatoes/Rice
    If not home before 3 pick up anything to eat.

Pre-workout meal: Tuna with whole wheat bread with mayonnaise and cheese

Post Workout meal: Protein Shake
    1 cup of oatmeal

Dinner

1 last meal (have chicken apart of it)

Before bed: Milk/Yogurt

This is all u need pal.
    and train hard

liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CKapps View Post
    Morning : Protein Shake
    1 cup of Oatmeal or Eggs
    Multi-Vitamins

Mid-Afternoon (12:00) : Chicken and Potatoes/Rice
    If not home before 3 pick up anything to eat.

Pre-workout meal: Tuna with whole wheat bread with mayonnaise and cheese

Post Workout meal: Protein Shake
    1 cup of oatmeal

Dinner

1 last meal (have chicken apart of it)

Before bed: Milk/Yogurt

This is all u need pal.
    and train hard
    probably want to swap the pre- and post workout meals... I don't want to be smashing my last super set of squats only to throw up the tuna/mayo/cheese sandwich I just ate from the gastro-intestinal discomfort due to the high fat content of my pre-workout meal...

Post workout fat is fine though

meathead1220 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    gallon of milk a day...a gallon of 2% is over 2000 calories alone
    " Lift not to look good, but to make others look bad."

BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000) BadWog is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by meathead1220 View Post
    gallon of milk a day...a gallon of 2% is over 2000 calories alone
    How do people drink that much milk in a day and not have stomach problems? I mean, I can drink a litre a day, but 4 litres?
    It's being a part of the Red, White and Green that makes me a Rooting Machine. And when you feel my mighty Stallion, you will know you have been with a true Italian. :D

Edit Dec 2009: ^^^^^^^^^^^^ I was gay when I was 15.

perpetualbulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) perpetualbulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) perpetualbulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) perpetualbulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) perpetualbulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) perpetualbulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) perpetualbulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) perpetualbulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) perpetualbulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) perpetualbulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) perpetualbulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    drink milk (full cream you pussies), eat blocks of cheese, spoonfulls of peanut butter, cups of olive/flax oil etc. unless you're trying to keep the fat low, in which case i can't help you.

DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10) DirtyRobot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That "I shouldn't workout until I have my diet right" thing is kind of silly. Working out will help you right now. It will also, you know, make you hungrier.

barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50) barbarian1543 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    homemade weight gainers and nuts will add easy calories