Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    65 tons of American Pride BluntD's Avatar
    BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First off, here's a link describing the Max Rack in better detail, for all of you who don't understand what it actually is. It's a better machine then some of you give it credit for and I would save your opinion until actually using it. It can be useful for certain lifts, particularly exercises like CGBP.

Having said that, I don't think squats is really one of them that benefits here. I see squats being a bit awkward in there and I'd stick to doing squats in the real rack, mirror or not. Besides the Max Rack only supports a certain amount of weight.
    Return of the Mack?

TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BluntD View Post
    First off, here's a link describing the Max Rack in better detail, for all of you who don't understand what it actually is. It's a better machine then some of you give it credit for and I would save your opinion until actually using it. It can be useful for certain lifts, particularly exercises like CGBP.

Having said that, I don't think squats is really one of them that benefits here. I see squats being a bit awkward in there and I'd stick to doing squats in the real rack, mirror or not. Besides the Max Rack only supports a certain amount of weight.
    Appreciate the info man. Will rep on recharge.

GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50) GtG-Army will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SDFlip View Post
    so you can do curls?

nothing wrong at all with benching in a power rack

No. Bad poster.
    You will never catch me doing that in a power rack.

As for the benching, eh, I guess I'm a little spoiled, but my gym has plenty of stations far better suited for benching than the power racks. So yeah, I say if you want to get busy with your chest, do it else where.

Nuff said.
    ██ █ ★ █ ██ Combat Veterans Crew ██ █ ★ █ ██
    <<<***Boston misc crew***>>>

Victory always starts in the head. It's a state of mind. It then spreads with such radiance and affirmation that destiny can do nothing but obey.

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GtG-Army View Post
    No. Bad poster.

As for the benching, eh, I guess I'm a little spoiled, but my gym has plenty of stations far better suited for benching than the power racks. So yeah, I say if you want to get busy with your chest, do it else where.

Nuff said.

Nuff said.

MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    There is one (count...one ) video of the barbell swiss ball squat exercises that I do respect. I'll see if i can find it.

edit: I can't find it. Maybe soemone else can. it was of a black dude with a barbell (I think he had 135lb...can't remember) and would hop on a few swiss balls with it, and squat on them. That video was actually impressive.
    I have seen people do them at a track & field facility, we were trained to do them holding the bar above your head to use for balance. I never tried doing more than the bar itself, the hardest part is getting into position to do the squat with the bar OH.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by GtG-Army View Post
    No. Bad poster.

Nuff said.
    I'm confused. If you can't curl in the power rack, wtf are you supposed to do with the power rack then?
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TOMaHULK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    I'm confused. If you can't curl in the power rack, wtf are you supposed to do with the power rack then?
    Well...I suppose you can set your dumbbells on the rack (you know, one on each bracket) and then do hammer curls . Ya know...kindda like you're stepping into your "man zone"...(not srs)

Thumbs up

Jack_Lupino
    JZ1986
    darrenash
    SDFlip
    Aries21

^^Rep'd^^

I appreciate all the advice guys/girls.

This is what makes this site so good. Actually get advice from people who really lift.

Thumbs up

bforrester
    BK89
    Retardo-pex

^^Rep'd^^

BK89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BK89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BK89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BK89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BK89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BK89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BK89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BK89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BK89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BK89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BK89 View Post
    My knee just got raped on the smith machine (well not smith it is one of those 3d max racks). This happened a month ago and I thought it was bad form. I have been using the regular squat rack knee pain free. So today the regular squat rack was taken so I figured i would try the 3d rack again. Not even two sets in feel a pain in the front of my knee. Could not do any more reps. Knee is killing me now. I am never using the smith or 3d rack to squat ever again!! Free squat only from here on out!
    Hey, just wanted to follow up on this thread. I did my leg work out today. It has been a week since I screwed my knee using the damn 3d rack. I had to wait a few minutes but it was worth waiting for the regular rack to do free squats. I was doing the exact same weight and everything exactly the same as I did last week and this time guess what, no knee pain today at all!! Free squats FTW!!

mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My knee just got raped on the smith machine
    The smith machine is claiming it was consenual and is now seeking legal counsel. One of you is not telling the truth.

So, BK89, what REALLY happened that day in the gym?

Hey, just wanted to follow up on this thread. I did my leg work out today. It has been a week since I screwed my knee using the damn 3d rack. I had to wait a few minutes but it was worth waiting for the regular rack to do free squats. I was doing the exact same weight and everything exactly the same as I did last week and this time guess what, no knee pain today at all!! Free squats FTW!!
    I'm meeting up with a trainer buddy of mine tonight (small guy). But he knows some get tricks/techniques. Trying to learn some new leg excercises to help with the back.

BK89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BK89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BK89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BK89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BK89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BK89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BK89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BK89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BK89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BK89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mjw8204 View Post
    The smith machine is claiming it was consenual and is now seeking legal counsel. One of you is not telling the truth.

So, BK89, what REALLY happened that day in the gym?
    My lawyer is advising me to not speak any further about the events of that day until trial. :-)

Lightbulb

My lawyer is advising me to not speak any further about the events of that day until trial. :-)
    The question here is "did you look like you wanted it...?"

drewbytes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Personally I think the Max Rack 3D is a great piece of kit. I used one at a gym a few times and loved it so much I bought one for home to replace my regular Smith machine. It moves in a full range of motion, not just up and down like a normal smith machine. It feels like it "floats" because it really does have a very free range of motion in all directions. As far as I'm concerned it's hardly any different to doing free weights except you have the added bonus of the safety feature of a Smith machine for when you're training alone. To claim it is dangerous in any way is ludicrous.

Cool

Originally Posted by drewbytes View Post
    Personally I think the Max Rack 3D is a great piece of kit. I used one at a gym a few times and loved it so much I bought one for home to replace my regular Smith machine. It moves in a full range of motion, not just up and down like a normal smith machine. It feels like it "floats" because it really does have a very free range of motion in all directions. As far as I'm concerned it's hardly any different to doing free weights except you have the added bonus of the safety feature of a Smith machine for when you're training alone. To claim it is dangerous in any way is ludicrous.
    Well, you bumped this after many months, but I'll continue to comment on this...

Once I posted this thread, I decided never to use the Max Rack 3D again. And I haven't. Only free weight squats in a standard rack for me. Glad I did. I've made great gains, while I see others pretty much the same on their "squat" in those machine. To each their own, but the statement "it's hardly any different to doing free weights except you have the added bonus of safety" is ridiculous. You can't go side to side with the weight can you? Balancing the weight and control, is a huge part of the exercise and I feel essential to properly exercuting a rep.
    ★I SUPPORT THE MEN AND WOMEN OF THE U.S. MILITARY★
    |ALUMNI| University of South Florida Bulls
    |FOUNDER| >>>>>Florida State Seminoles Tomahawk Nation Crew>>>>>
    Link for Crew - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126695313
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Tampa Bay Rays
    Tampa Bay Lightning