solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Torn labrum, workout programs?

Hey everyone. I found out a few months ago that I have a torn labrum. Im a college student so I really dont have enough time to have the surgery n go through rehab. I have been working out for about 2 years straight now but after I got hurt its been hard. Ive been kind of depressed/dissapointed I cant do as much as I want w/o feeling the pain in my sholder.

I want to start working out again even though I know I cant do as much or go as hard. I was hoping someone could help me out w/ a routine that could help me tone back up. Im not looking to bulk, just lose some of the fat ive gained in the past few months n basically tone up.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 175 lbs
    Bench: N/A
    Squat: N/A

Current supps:
    - Milk Chocolate 100% ON Whey
    - Omega Sports Thunder
    - Generic Fish Oil
    - Generic Multi

Past supps:
    - Controlled Labs Green Buldge/White Blood Stack
    - Controlled Labs GlycerGrow
    - Universal's Shock/Storm Stack
    - BSN NO-Xplode
    - Rocky Road/Chocolate/Cookies and Cream 100% ON Whey
    - Higher Power CEE

Warrior13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Warrior13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Warrior13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Warrior13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man.. My brother was a college/minor league baseball player before he tore his labrum and had 2 surgeries. He was on a strict workout program that involved a lot of light weight exercises and exercises with bands... I would contact a doctor who specializes in arm & shoulder injuries. I know who performed my bros surgery and planned his rehab- PM me if you want the info.
    "To get to the rainbow, you must walk through the rain."

JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've had a torn labrum for 11 months now and getting the surgery this November. It still hasn't stopped me from lifting heavy or training BJJ, MMA, Muay Thai or boxing up to 6 hrs a day 6-7 days a week. Sure I've had problems but you learn to work around them, like not flaring your elbows on bench or OHP, no inclines, flys etc.
    Concentration Curl :
    473 lb (215 kg) 4X10
    Trycept kickback :
    429 lb (195 kg) 3x10 1x5-6
    16 years old, 140lbs with 19.5 inch gunzzz

"Well I'm a mushroom-cloud-laying motherf****r, motherf****r! Every time my fingers touch brain I'm Superfly TNT, I'm the Guns of the Navarone. IN FACT, what the f**k am I doing in the back? You the motherf****r should be on brain detail! We f****n' switching, I'm washing the windows and you picking up this ni99a's skull!

65 tons of American Pride BluntD's Avatar
    BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sucks man, I've had the same deal for over a year now. Eventually I'll opt for surgery but just haven't had the money or time, nor the desire to miss time from the gym.

Whatever exercises that cause pain, avoid completely. Use lighter weights. I can't really do any weight on BB bench presses anymore. Discover what you can do that does not hurt and try to go from there. It's not a good situation to be in, but make due with what you can.
    Return of the Mack?

solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) solidgold10287 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the info guys. Could anyone post their workouts that they have done w/ a sholder injury such as this? I plan on getting myself back in shape starting monday.
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 175 lbs
    Bench: N/A
    Squat: N/A

Current supps:
    - Milk Chocolate 100% ON Whey
    - Omega Sports Thunder
    - Generic Fish Oil
    - Generic Multi

Past supps:
    - Controlled Labs Green Buldge/White Blood Stack
    - Controlled Labs GlycerGrow
    - Universal's Shock/Storm Stack
    - BSN NO-Xplode
    - Rocky Road/Chocolate/Cookies and Cream 100% ON Whey
    - Higher Power CEE

JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JohnnyBlazin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Madcow 5x5, but don't flare your elbows on the bench or military press, tuck them in, no more than 45 degrees on the bench, and point them forward for the military. Avoid incline barbell bench, and any press with dumbells, definantly no dumbell flys, the bottom of the movement is where your shoulder is most likley to pop out.
    Concentration Curl :
    473 lb (215 kg) 4X10
    Trycept kickback :
    429 lb (195 kg) 3x10 1x5-6
    16 years old, 140lbs with 19.5 inch gunzzz

"Well I'm a mushroom-cloud-laying motherf****r, motherf****r! Every time my fingers touch brain I'm Superfly TNT, I'm the Guns of the Navarone. IN FACT, what the f**k am I doing in the back? You the motherf****r should be on brain detail! We f****n' switching, I'm washing the windows and you picking up this ni99a's skull!

dmurillo26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmurillo26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmurillo26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmurillo26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmurillo26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmurillo26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmurillo26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmurillo26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmurillo26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmurillo26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmurillo26 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was recently diagnosed with a torn labrum. I have stopped working out for the last 2 weeks, and am going to PT. The pysical theropist says its probably a waste of time, but the doc wants to try it before surgury.

I was trying to work around the injury as most of you had suggested, but in my opinion I think I was making it worse. I will probably have surgury in March.

josh6741 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had Surgery Feb. 19 and I have lost all muscle mass, my diet has gone to ****, and I am only allowed to use leg machines and seated bike right now.(am not allowed to run or elliptical because of the bouncing movement it makes with my shoulder) I have PT everyday and am still supposed to be in the sling. How would you guys recommend I get my diet back together? Also I play D3 college football.