Larvarious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is it best to exercise in the morning, afternoon, or night?

I'm currently trying to wake up early in the morning around 6 am to start exercising, but I just personally want to know for myself when it is best to exercise?

I thought that it would be prolly best to do in the morning to get your blood flow running and to start your day off right.

If you agree or disagree with me, please reply and tell me what's your opinion about this!

SydTheKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SydTheKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SydTheKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SydTheKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SydTheKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SydTheKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SydTheKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SydTheKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SydTheKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SydTheKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SydTheKid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There is no best time-if there was everyone would be working out at that specific time. Workout when at any time of the day, as long as the intensity is their, with proper nutrition and sleep you will grow.

Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lanny14 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SydTheKid View Post
    There is no best time-if there was everyone would be working out at that specific time. Workout when at any time of the day, as long as the intensity is their, with proper nutrition and sleep you will grow.
    This.

Personally i wait until the after noon becasue by then i have three carb rich meals in me and im not too tired from the rest of my day.

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SydTheKid View Post
    I have a feeling there are actually better times to train at, but I'll wait until someone with more knowledge then me either confirms or denies.

Registered User NewbieBuilder30's Avatar
    NewbieBuilder30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewbieBuilder30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewbieBuilder30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewbieBuilder30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Digging up a rather old thread, I would like to know if training in the early morning is harmful for the heart function. I have heard that sometimes it may lead to some heart problems, even sudden death!

Will be Happy to hear your ideas as well.

Thanks fellas,

chrislongy2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chrislongy2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chrislongy2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chrislongy2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chrislongy2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chrislongy2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chrislongy2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chrislongy2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chrislongy2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chrislongy2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chrislongy2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i dont like lifting in the morning. besides the fact that im not a morning person, i havent had time to get in enough nurishment for a great lift.
    *Deadlift Junkie*
    !Same Silverware Crew!

"The mind is everything, if you don't believe you can do something, then you can't."-Kai Greene
    "I'm still fly, I'm sky high and i dare anybody to try and cut my wings. I'm still shutin places down everytime I coime around, I'm still doin my thing"-Drake

My Log Brah... dont be afraid to check it out
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125539713
    posters get repped as soon as i get the chance

Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Machoman94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    umm your body makes it test while your sleeping and thats why you often wake up with an erection...

if you want to use that testosterone then train in the morning.
    i wait for after lunch on my second snack

Supercows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Supercows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Supercows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Supercows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Supercows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Supercows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Supercows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Supercows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Supercows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Supercows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Supercows is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    # Late Afternoon is Best for Exercise
    Research shows that the optimal time to exercise is when our body temperature is at its highest, which, for most people is 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. (body temperature is at its lowest just before waking).
    # Strength is Greater in the Afternoon
    Dr. Hill reported that strength output is 5% higher at around mid-day; anaerobic performance, such as sprinting, improves by 5% in the late afternoon.
    # Endurance is Greater in the Afternoon
    Aerobic capacity (endurance) is approximately 4percent higher in the afternoon.
    # Injuries Are Less Likely in the Afternoon
    Afternoon exercise is the best if you want to avoid injuries for many reasons. We are most alert; our body temperature is the highest so our muscles are warm and flexible; and our muscle strength is at its greatest. These three factors make it less likely that we will get injured.
    # Morning Exercisers Are More Consistent
    Even though afternoon exercise might be optimal from a physiological standpoint, research also shows that morning exercisers are more likely to stick to it that late-day athletes.
    # Evening Exercise and Sleep
    Most research supports the idea that exercise can improve sleep quality. But does exercising too late in the evening keep you up? Studies have shown improvements in sleep from both morning and afternoon exercise, so it's not yet clear if evening exercise keeps you up. One study even showed that vigorous exercise half an hour before bedtime did not affect sleep.
    The Road To Success Is Paved With Many Failures

NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe
    I'll go out on a limb here and say that training first thing in the morning is for crazy people. And my CNS takes more than just time to wake it up. But depending on your reason for training, it might behoove you to slap it around a little, especially if job requirements dictate that you are not always able to control the time when you have to use the aforementioned sleepy CNS. Combat personnel, firefighters, LEO, etc., often do not have the luxury of choosing when to exert, and are best prepared for this contingency by doing an occasional workout very early.

This is going to vary from person to person. There is a bit of evidence that suggests weight training is ideal 3 and 11 hours upon waking for optimal test levels and testonerone peaking, especially for adults in their 30s or older, but I would worry less about this and more about what works better for you. Some people train best on a stomach without much food, others train best with several meals in their bellies. You need to find out what works in with your time schedule and your meal planning best.

Best Time to Train What is the best time to train? First and foremost, when you can! However, research on circadian rhythms (your body's internal clock) indicate that the summation of several important (anabolic) hormones peak at 3 and 11 hours upon awakening. What does that mean in plain english? Well, according to science, if you wake up at 6:00 am, you are at your strongest at 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. And, according to Olympic Strength Coach Charles Poliquin*, your joints (specifically, the synovial fluid that lubricates your joints) require about 3 hours to reach an optimal level of warmth which will help improve performance while decreasing the likelihood of injury. Also, some people require a meal before training (remember to allow at least 1 hour for digestion) to maintain adequate energy levels throughout their workout particularly in the morning; others don't. However, there is a difference between ideal conditions and reality!Reality dictates that we train when we can regardless of what time it is. The important part is to get your workout in. Today's lifestyle is quite busy and hectic. Many people have a tendency to jeopardize their workouts later in the day because other priorities get in the way. For these individuals, I suggest working out first thing in the morning and getting it out of the way. Actually, some authorities believe that training first thing in the morning on an empty stomach will facilitate weight loss.
    Source: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:The_Program
    ★★★USF MISC CREW★★★
    **MISC Strength Crew**

"If thou wilt make a man happy, add not unto his riches but take away from his desires." - Epicurus

PRs
    500/405/615

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159250211

BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I say morning.... especially for cardio
    I thank God for my success.

★★★ Crimson Tide Crew ★★★

Deadlift- start: 405x2 (11/20/12) Goal: 500x1 (8/10/13)
    |415|425|435|450|455|465|475|485|500|
    RESULT:

Parallel Squat- start: 250*1 (11/23/12) Goal: 335*1(8/10/13)
    |260|270|280|290|300|305|315|325|335|
    RESULT:

Touch chest Bench- start: 200x1 (11/24/12) Goal:285x1 (8/10/13)
    |210|220|230|240|245|255|265|275|285|
    RESULT:

The **** You Gonna Do? Troll_Patrol's Avatar
    Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Troll_Patrol is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NewbieBuilder30 View Post
    Digging up a rather old thread, I would like to know if training in the early morning is harmful for the heart function. I have heard that sometimes it may lead to some heart problems, even sudden death!

Will be Happy to hear your ideas as well.

Thanks fellas,
    not sure on all of this, but it is a bit tougher on your body, as you havent had much time to wake up, and let your body get some nutrients in it to burn. also, your body/muscles are going to be much more tense in the morning. training at night, before you sleep is bad too. you should train several hours before you go to sleep, that way you have time to feed your broken down muscles some good nutrition, and let them relax before it goes into a catabolic state
    <3 http://i.imgur.com/pnCvw.gif <3