mlentijo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I'm too skinny, how can i gain muscle weight? Tips for diet and excercise?

Hello I weight 105 and I am 5'7. I'm skinny but sometimes I get little fat around my bottom abdomen. I started a diet i had done with a nutritionist a long time ago that involves 5 foods a day. A lot of protein shakes (sometimes up 2 shakes), chicken, tuna, turkey and vegetables for meals. I also have some yogurt and grapes as snacks. I just started running with some weights on my feet about 2 miles and taking creatine to build some muscle. But i think im doing something wrong. I did loose the fat from my belly (most of it) but im looking skinny. My goal is too gain some muscle on my legs (they are skinny) and workout my butt too. Any ideas for a diet and excercise? I dont have time to go to the gym unfortunately. I will also would like for my abs to show.

thanks for the help

kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kman025 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    do squats for your butt/legs.

honestly a strength program would do you some good, but as a woman im your you wont accept this advie.

without propper equipment you wont make much progress.

Meldrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meldrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You don't have time to go to the gym but you have time to run round with weights around your ankles?

The only way you build mucle is through overload. The easiest way to do it is by using weights, but I suppose bodyweight training would do fine.

Check out www.alwyncosgrove.com and look in the articles for one called: "Your body is a barbell"

As for your diet, eat more.

mlentijo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What is meant by a strenght program? And why do you people have to be so agressive? One critizes the fact that im a women and the other critizes the fact that i dont go to the gym. For you, smarty, i choose to run becuase the closest gym is many miles away, so yes, I dont have time. If you dont want to give advice just dont post!

Meldrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Meldrew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mlentijo View Post
    What is meant by a strenght program? And why do you people have to be so agressive? One critizes the fact that im a women and the other critizes the fact that i dont go to the gym. For you, smarty, i choose to run becuase the closest gym is many miles away, so yes, I dont have time. If you dont want to give advice just dont post!
    So you missed the part where I provided a link to a bodyweight program which you wouldn't need a gym for?

A strangth program is like the 5 x 5 program, which if you search you will find in these forums, but redundant though with the gym being inaccessable and all.

You asked advice as to how to get different results to what you are getting at the moment, and sadly, that will generally mean a change in what you do.

You can't lose weight when you eat too much, you can't gain weight when you don't eat enough and you can't build muscle without overload. Without those rules addressed, you don't get the results.

Sorry if that isn't helpful.

Stallionforce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stallionforce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stallionforce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stallionforce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stallionforce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stallionforce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stallionforce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stallionforce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stallionforce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stallionforce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stallionforce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Basically just do some calisthenics. Push-ups, dips between chairs, squats (one leg if you can do that), and if you have a bar or something to grasp overhead, chin ups. It's fairly easy to make your own dumbells or barbells, and this will greatly expand what you can do. If you want more size, though, basically you're going to have to eat more. Running, esp. with weighted ankles, is really the opposite of what you should be doing.
    Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mlentijo View Post
    FYI I am female.

In order for you to build muscle, you NEED a resistance training program. As women, it is much, much more difficult for us to build muscle, so you really have to work harder. Throw out the ankle weights because that just puts stress on your joints and does not help build muscle. Do a routine at home using bodyweight and you can eventually work towards purchasing home equipment (craigslist is cheap). Creatine without a resistance program is really not going to help, it makes women retain water pretty bad (sorry, I don't know if it does this for men). At 5'7 and 105lbs you lack a lot of muscle and could really benefit from 20lbs or so. It takes years for women to build quality muscle so be in this for the long haul and check out the female section of these forums. We workout the same as men but if you are 20+lbs underweight, you may benefit from the nutrition and supplement section (re: creatine).

I hope that helps and FYI I was also 5'5 and 109lbs at one time so I have been there. Eat lots and lift heavy is the way to go.