Mike125 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mike125 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How far can I go with power cleans without bumper plates.

I want to switch my Row lift with the power clean and have been searching for the past month to find somewhere to buy bumper plates locally but have not found any.
    How far would I be able to go without having to drop the weight from the top position?

Keeping in mind I am in my home gym and can't drop cast iron to the ground.

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can go a long way without dropping the weight.

You dont need to drop it when doing powercleans.

If you ever try learning snatches for example, you will by the nature of them, be dropping them because there is a big learning curve. If you trained long and hard enough, you will be lifting weights overhead that you cant just press up sp you will have to drop them.

With powercleans for most people, you wont be dealing with weights of this magnitude. You can just pop them down pff of your racked position to your thight and lower it down.

Think about it, if you could powerclean say 200-300 lbs you would be pretty strong. If you can powerclean that amount then you can easily handle letting it down without dropping it.

Before I got bumpers I bought some gym pad things from walmart just in case I slipped and dropped the plates but they were more hassle then they were worth.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000) HawkLifter55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by crupiea View Post
    You can go a long way without dropping the weight.

You dont need to drop it when doing powercleans.

If you ever try learning snatches for example, you will by the nature of them, be dropping them because there is a big learning curve. If you trained long and hard enough, you will be lifting weights overhead that you cant just press up sp you will have to drop them.

With powercleans for most people, you wont be dealing with weights of this magnitude. You can just pop them down pff of your racked position to your thight and lower it down.

Think about it, if you could powerclean say 200-300 lbs you would be pretty strong. If you can powerclean that amount then you can easily handle letting it down without dropping it.

Before I got bumpers I bought some gym pad things from walmart just in case I slipped and dropped the plates but they were more hassle then they were worth.
    You can go the whole way if youd like. You don't have to drop the weight in order to do next rep. I have never done powercleans with dropping them, always been controlled and it seems to have had beneficial effects on a lot of things, mostly my forearms.

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just re rack the bar in the squat rack after it's racked on your shoulders.

I would be careful when lowering the weight slowly when not having bumper plates for the simple reason of injury, I did just that and now have a bad case of tendinitis and haven't been able to Oly lift for about a month now.

It can be done but don't try and to control the weight when letting the bar down especially if your doing a lot of them.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.