duderguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training for Boxing

Hi, I'm 17 and completely new to boxing. I currently weigh 173lbs with 13% bf. The weigh ins are in about 3 months away. Will this be enough time for me to get into sufficient shape and learn boxing skill and technique? Also, what workouts should I do in the mean time b4 I start boxing lessons. I won't be able to start those for 1month. I want to know what I should do within that 1month to set myself up for success in the 2 months !4 the fight. And once I am in boxing lessons are there any workouts I should stick with? Sorry if I come off as a complete noob. Thanks in advanced for your answers.
    In relentless pursuit

cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cjc651 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're planning on competing after 3 months of training? Any martial art requires years of training to get remotely good. My best friend from Highschool has been doing muay thai for 2 years and still has yet to schedule his first official fight. I would just do a lot of running and endurance exercises, heavy bag work, ect. I've done boxing on and off for about 6 months and the first month or so will KICK YOUR ASS. Good boxers are in such god damn incredible shape it's crazy. Good luck man.

iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Depends. Sounds like a tournament by the way your talking. And if it's toughman or something simaler then you will be fine. And thats a great place to start. But you can't compete on any kind of competitive level , and by that i mean with real boxers. With no experience . Here's my advise, right now, get your cardio right and work on your core. And get your ass into lessons asap.

duderguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's an intramural tournament at my high school. Some are amateur boxers but most just sign up just for fun. I know there's no way I'd be able to compete at a real match with only 3 months of lessons. I just want to learn the basics and get punching strength. I'll rely on the lessons I'll soon get at school for footwork and further advice. Thanks
    In relentless pursuit

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah, wait for proper instruction to work on basic skills, you don't want to start out developing any bad habits.
    Until then, just do lots of circuit training. Endurance > everything else in boxing.

For the circuit, include lots of core work, especially rotating (twisting) movements and explosive moves/plyometrics.
    You could get started on a jump rope too. There's a reason it's been a boxing staple for a hundred years. It's not only conditioning, but plyometrics that works the foundation of where punching power comes from.

UKTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UKTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UKTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UKTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UKTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UKTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UKTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UKTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UKTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UKTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) UKTraining has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lots of cardio, circuits and core exercises

iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iballhard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok, im sure you are looking at minute rounds maybe 1:30 but i doubt it, and 3 round fights. listen , most of these fights are going to be brawls,and very high paced. like i said earlier work on your cardio, but id also run sprints. and make sure you can hit a bag strong throwing constant punches for a whole minute or how ever long the rounds are going to be.i have fought in these tournaments for years. and the guys who win always have one thing in common. they always had the most heart.. you realy gotta want it man. .......... oh, and dont punch yourself out early in the fight , seen that happen way to many times. " fatigue makes cowards of us all "

bodymassfast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i am gonna start boxing very soon as well. Currently i do a lot of compound exercises, do or don t they make me slower?

RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Focus on your conditioning for the time being.

Trying to teach yourself will just result in bad habits being harder to change when you start training under a proper trainer.

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bodymassfast View Post
    i am gonna start boxing very soon as well. Currently i do a lot of compound exercises, do or don t they make me slower?
    They will not slow you down.