Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

View Poll Results: What happens after we die?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • You either go to heaven or hell.

20 17.54%
  • Nothing, existence ceases.

73 64.04%
  • Reincarnation.

6 5.26%
  • Other (specify)

15 13.16%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    BodyPoints: 10804
    BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit BIGNFIT's BodySpace
    The spirit leaves the body upon death, it does return soon to the same body when the burrial takes place, the two angels who were by your sides all along your life, will show you written your deeds within your grave( down there, it is not what the material concept we can imagine based on what we know now, things are a lot different), every single deed(deed=sayings, and doings) good deeds and bad deeds. As this is one of the four tests every spirit is to go through. And THE LORD knows better.
    My LORD is the LORD of Moses, Jesus, and Mohammed(peace and blessings be upon them). I do know how the manufacturing clique marketing system works within, how it operates, and manipulates members/clients, lots of hype and lies. In 100 supplements nowadays, there might be only one good.
    Companies I would buy from:
    Eas.
    Twinlab.
    Metrx.
    Healthy 'N Fit.
    Mhp.
    CNP.

Queequeg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Queequeg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Queequeg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Queequeg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Queequeg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Queequeg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Queequeg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Queequeg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Queequeg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Queequeg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Queequeg has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Queequeg's BodySpace
    Other

Specify:

In order to know what happens to the individual after death, first we must determine what constitutes that individual in order to speculate its fate.

From a mechanistic point of view on death our the physico-chemical parts diverge and become physico-chemical parts of other things. The only problem with this is that the atoms, compounds and cells that composed our body during life were countless replaced during it and so there are no physico-chemical parts that are tied to our identify. From this perspective we are the same live as we are dead.

However what about from an arrangement of those physico-chemical parts? It is true that the arrangement that makes up our body during life diverges and eventually ceases on death. But the problem with this is that during your life there was no permanent physico-chemical arrangement that is permant enough to associate with your identify. So why do we classify our death as different from a major change in our life, the identify we assign to the physico-chemical arrangment as a child isn't the same as for our adolescence or maturity. It obvious that any identify associated with such an arrangement is even more transient than this changing every moment of our life.

So this bring me to consciousness, but again we are presented with similar issues. If consciousness arises from the arrangement of physico-chemical parts it is just a transient. Our changing view and opinions are testament to our transient replacement of identify after identity through our consciousness. Further still we must concede that our consciousness is not just simply made from our our physico-chemical arrangements but is the result product of all our life experiences. In essences physico-chemical parts and other consciousness we would classical associate as our own are responsible for our own. This blurs the lines between my consciousness and the universe as a whole, which in turn blurs the line between my consciousness and the next.

If the universe and my consciousness and other consciousness are intrinsically linked and interdependent there is no reason to address my consciousness as my own, they is simply a consciousness, a universal consciousness which is indivisible from the material world.

So if this is the case why do I not have an identity of self. I put this down to experiential existence. We each have a separate experience of the world, we experience the universal consciousness differently, what confines this experience is memory. Even if multiple experiences exist from what is ultimately the same consciousness they can not share such experience because experience consists of memory it is a dream of what has been not what is. If we acknowledge that experiential existence is based in memory the flow of time in a linear fashion becomes rather non applicable because you can only experience it from a subjective stand point.

Given all the above, it is difficult to say that I even will die in the sense that most people conceive, the time post my death will simply be an experience with the absence of memory and since we have no perception outside the subjectivity of time through memory being alive now is no different from being dead now.

Stats: 5'10", 173 lbs
    _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit _TG_'s BodySpace
    Originally Posted by BIGNFIT View Post
    The spirit leaves the body upon death, it does return soon to the same body when the burrial takes place, the two angels who were by your sides all along your life, will show you written your deeds within your grave( down there, it is not what the material concept we can imagine based on what we know now, things are a lot different), every single deed(deed=sayings, and doings) good deeds and bad deeds. As this is one of the four tests every spirit is to go through. And THE LORD knows better.
    i mean if atheists are wrong tho what do we have to lose? i got everything to gain man,, hi 5

BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BIGNFIT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by _ATHEIST_ View Post
    i mean if atheists are wrong tho what do we have to lose? i got everything to gain man,, hi 5
    While the atheist is still alive in this Cosmos now, he has a chance to redeem himself. If he dies atheist, regardless if he was a good person, he is going to hell. Not believing in the existence of GOD is an unforgiven act.
    My LORD is the LORD of Moses, Jesus, and Mohammed(peace and blessings be upon them). I do know how the manufacturing clique marketing system works within, how it operates, and manipulates members/clients, lots of hype and lies. In 100 supplements nowadays, there might be only one good.
    Eas.
    Twinlab.
    Metrx.
    Healthy 'N Fit.
    Mhp.
    CNP.

_TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) _TG_ has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit _TG_'s BodySpace
    While the atheist is still alive in this Cosmos now, he has a chance to redeem himself. If he dies atheist, regardless if he was a good person, he is going to hell. Not believing in the existence of GOD is an unforgiven act.
    nah man it's like this. see you going to heaven right? see my only alternative is to go no where. see i choose right cause it's my best alternative.
    thanks

Stats: 5'8", 126 lbs
    Large_Emu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Large_Emu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Large_Emu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Large_Emu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Large_Emu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Large_Emu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Large_Emu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Large_Emu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Large_Emu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Large_Emu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Large_Emu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Large_Emu's BodySpace
    Conciousness ceases and it will feel the same as before i came into existance, eventually my atoms will fall away from each other and be come dispersed throughout the world and thus completeing the circle of life.
    "worship me or i will torture you for eternity" - God.

Religion is dying, rejoice!

*****Norwich City FC*****

★ anibani is cooler than green crew ★

★ Stole the stars from someone else's crew crew ★

★ Mod negged 7 times crew ★

nah man it's like this. see you going to heaven right? see my only alternative is to go no where. see i choose right cause it's my best alternative.
    thanks
    You do not have the right to the alternative "you" want, neither do I. You have to choose between two only ones, proposed to you, the same goes for me.
    Eas.
    Twinlab.
    Metrx.
    Healthy 'N Fit.
    Mhp.
    CNP.

Visit _TG_'s BodySpace
    You do not have the right to the alternative "you" want, neither do I. You have to choose between two only ones, proposed to you, the same goes for me.
    no, see you specialize in producing heaven, so it only makes sense for you to take that advantage. i specialize in making nothing, so that's my advantage. so, it's a win win for both of us. that's your absolute advantage, heaven, and mine is nothing. so we save resources because we produce those things, we don't have to get them anywhere else.
    Last edited by _ATHEIST_; 01-31-2010 at 08:34 AM.

no, see you specialize in producing heaven, so it only makes sense for you to take that advantage. i specialize in making nothing, so thats my advantage. so, it's a win win for both of us. that's your comparative advantage, heaven, and my is nothing. so we save resources because we produce those things, we don't have to get them anywhere else.
    As well none of the two of us "can" specialize in making or producing what would be advantagous or convenient, we cannot propose, we choose between one of the two proposals made to us.
    Eas.
    Twinlab.
    Metrx.
    Healthy 'N Fit.
    Mhp.
    CNP.

Stats: 6'3", 215 lbs
    sb327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sb327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sb327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sb327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sb327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sb327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sb327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sb327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sb327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sb327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sb327 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit sb327's BodySpace
    and if youre wrong then you've wasted your life on petty "moral" restrictions, ignorance and boring church services. if im wrong, then, ****, id rather have a fun, free life on earth and burn in hell. heaven seems very undesirable to me. the christian definition of "happiness" is not how i see it.

Stats: 5'11", 185 lbs
    BodyPoints: 16566
    shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit shadowwalker021's BodySpace
    if we is good we go to a good place, if we is bad we go to a bad place. dur dur dur

Stats: 10'9", 999 lbs
    BodyPoints: 2854
    ricflaironpcp has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ricflaironpcp has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ricflaironpcp has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ricflaironpcp has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ricflaironpcp has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ricflaironpcp has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ricflaironpcp has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ricflaironpcp has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ricflaironpcp has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ricflaironpcp has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) ricflaironpcp has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit ricflaironpcp's BodySpace
    Nobody knows what happen when we die, and that's fine.

[/thread]

Stats: 5'10", 161 lbs
    wave_length has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wave_length has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wave_length has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wave_length has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wave_length has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wave_length has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wave_length has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wave_length has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wave_length has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wave_length has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) wave_length has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit wave_length's BodySpace
    who knows such things. people who claim they do are BS artists. it's gonna be one hell of a ride, that's for sure.
    but so is life, and most of us don't even realize.
    PLEASE DON'T REP ME, REP THE GUYS IN THE "HOW TO LOSE FAT FOR NOOBS" THREAD INSTEAD
    How to lose fat for Noobs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741
    Bodybuilding Guide: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=553453753#post553453753

neonhypoxia has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) neonhypoxia has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) neonhypoxia has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) neonhypoxia has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) neonhypoxia has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) neonhypoxia has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) neonhypoxia has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) neonhypoxia has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) neonhypoxia has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) neonhypoxia has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) neonhypoxia has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally Posted by JRRBadBoy4Life View Post
    Well, I've got to believe that there's something else out there because otherwise what would nothing look like? I mean, there can't just be absolutely nothing. Its impossible.
    Just because you can't imagine something doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. All your inability to imagine nothingness is is a testament to your lack of imagination and nothing more. I bet you can't imagine wavicles either, yet everything is composed of them. All you've done here is demonstrate your own failures.
    All of this has been posted before, and all of this will be posted again.

StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) StevieMe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit StevieMe's BodySpace
    When I die, I know I'm going to have the best sleep of my 'life' !.

Stats: 5'11", 170 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1558
    Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Jazz_01's BodySpace
    its all broscience till you actually experience, and im not in any hurry..........

it could be many factors

logically it would be ceasing to exist

or it could mean you now leave your body like many religions tell

Evangelical Agnostic CerealKiller's Avatar
    BodyPoints: 10831
    CerealKiller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CerealKiller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CerealKiller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CerealKiller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CerealKiller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CerealKiller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CerealKiller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CerealKiller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CerealKiller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CerealKiller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) CerealKiller has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit CerealKiller's BodySpace
    Other -- Damned if I know.

Strongly suspect neither does anybody else which doesn't seem to prevent wild speculation about what appears to be unknown.
    You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe. -- Carl Sagan

Stats: 5'11", 228 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1182
    janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) janky has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit janky's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Blindead View Post
    We get sent to Texas.
    LOL.

You rot in the ground.
    Common Sense Crew
    Living Happily is Easy Crew
    Do Something That Matters Crew
    There Are More Important Things in Life Than Women Crew

"I've had somewhere in ballpark of a hundred friends in last 8 years. I really do have a magnificent lifestyle" - WeAreWords7

Stats: 5'7", 185 lbs
    OneFitMan is a complete loser! (-2000) OneFitMan is a complete loser! (-2000) OneFitMan is a complete loser! (-2000) OneFitMan is a complete loser! (-2000) OneFitMan is a complete loser! (-2000) OneFitMan is a complete loser! (-2000) OneFitMan is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Visit OneFitMan's BodySpace
    Upon death, the spirit leaves the mortal body and goes to the spirit world where all who have died before, and eventually each of us, will go. We will be free from all our mortal cares and pains. It will be a state of happiness

Eventually we will be judged of our acts while in mortality and receive a just reward. If I did good in life, I'll be rewarded accordingly. If I chose to do evil, I'll receive a lesser reward. But we can rest assured that our Judge, the Lord Jesus, will judge in righteousness with a full knowledge of our acts, thoughts, intentions, talents, strenghts, weaknesses, etc.

Clearly there are differing opinions and beliefs and these are mine.

Stats: 6'2", 225 lbs
    whitedwarf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whitedwarf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whitedwarf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whitedwarf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whitedwarf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whitedwarf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whitedwarf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whitedwarf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whitedwarf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whitedwarf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whitedwarf has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit whitedwarf's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Transform2010 View Post
    Upon death, the spirit leaves the mortal body and goes to the spirit world where all who have died before, and eventually each of us, will go. We will be free from all our mortal cares and pains. It will be a state of happiness

Eventually we will be judged of our acts while in mortality and receive a just reward. If I did good in life, I'll be rewarded accordingly. If I chose to do evil, I'll receive a lesser reward. But we can rest assured that our Judge, the Lord Jesus, will judge in righteousness with a full knowledge of our acts, thoughts, intentions, talents, strenghts, weaknesses, etc.

How can someone actually type this out without bursting into a fit of laughter?

Stats: 5'7", 185 lbs
    OneFitMan is a complete loser! (-2000) OneFitMan is a complete loser! (-2000) OneFitMan is a complete loser! (-2000) OneFitMan is a complete loser! (-2000) OneFitMan is a complete loser! (-2000) OneFitMan is a complete loser! (-2000) OneFitMan is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Visit OneFitMan's BodySpace

Smile

Originally Posted by whitedwarf View Post
    How can someone actually type this out without bursting into a fit of laughter?
    It was rather easy not to laugh when I typed it but I'm glad you enjoyed it.

You can't escape death Geese_Howard's Avatar
    Geese_Howard has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Geese_Howard has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Geese_Howard has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Geese_Howard has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Geese_Howard has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Geese_Howard has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Geese_Howard has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Geese_Howard has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Geese_Howard has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Geese_Howard has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Geese_Howard has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally Posted by Heavy_Beats View Post
    We still exist, we are after all, the sum of our anatomy just as the computer I am using is the sum of its parts and our bodies will still exist after we die that is what undertakers are for.

When my computer ceases to function it still exists.
    'we' are just the consciousness that resides in our brain. Unlike a computer we have no eprom that stores a boot bios. We have no hard disc that stores an operating system, or our consciousness. If our brain shuts down all is lost. The electronic impluses that are our memory and consciousness are no longer continually generated. When we die our bodies are just a load of organic matter that is broken down by bacteria and reused by other replicators.

There is no sleep. Even when you are asleep you brain still functions keeping your consciousness intact. When you die your consciousness ceases to exist. It can't transport anywhere or become anything else, it is after all just a series of billions of electronic impulses. When the body fails to fuel the brain with sugars and oxygen this electronic activity ceases and 'you' or your soul no longer exists. Christian ideas from the bible of heaven or a next life are impossible.
    Last edited by Geese_Howard; 01-30-2010 at 09:13 PM.
    Evolution is incompatible with religion. If you think otherwise you don't understand evolution.

Jesus was not god:
    Mark 13:30 "I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened."
    Deuteronomy 18:22 "If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken."

Stats: 6'0", 231 lbs
    Heavy_Beats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Heavy_Beats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Heavy_Beats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Heavy_Beats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Heavy_Beats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Heavy_Beats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Heavy_Beats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Heavy_Beats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Heavy_Beats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Heavy_Beats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Heavy_Beats has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Heavy_Beats's BodySpace
    Old school: there is a purpose and a wisdom for us living now, we are being tested throughout our lives, the more we do good, and we try remaining within the parameters of the path designed by the Prophets(pbbut), the more we invest, so to collect the interest one day after we cease to live, in the heavens. If we do not try to do good, then unfortunately hell is awaiting. And THE LORD knows better.
    That is an extraordinary claim, do you have any extraordinary evidence? Or is that speculation.

Originally Posted by AussieTrapezius View Post
    You sleep until the next coming of Christ!
    Zombie apocalypse.

You had better write you're name down at the local SHINTO shrine because if you don't you will become a mizuko and cause trouble in your spirit life. You have nothing to lose besides the only life your likely to ever have and you do not even have to believe in Izanagi-no-Mikoto and Izanami-no-Mikoto which is pretty generous of them considering that making yourself believe fiction is a challenge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinto#Afterlife

...and don't stop there you still have another couples tens of thousands of deities to appease and some of them are jealous of the other gods so don't worship those because that is putting all your eggs in one basket.

Originally Posted by sb327 View Post
    and if youre wrong then you've wasted your life on petty "moral" restrictions, ignorance and boring church services. if im wrong, then, ****, id rather have a fun, free life on earth and burn in hell. heaven seems very undesirable to me. the christian definition of "happiness" is not how i see it.
    Go up to heaven and you can sit in church, worship Jesus and read the bible, go to hell and you can swim in a river of lukewarm alcohol while having promiscuous sex with like minded people while listening to music.

Originally Posted by ricflaironpcp View Post
    Nobody knows what happen when we die, and that's fine.

[/thread]
    Yeah its irrelevant.

Is that right, I have been hearing nothing but bad reviews about Jesus's spirit world, maybe they have new management.

SARCASM!SARCASM!SARCASM!SARCASM!
    Last edited by Heavy_Beats; 01-30-2010 at 10:41 PM.

Stats: 5'11", 170 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1558
    Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jazz_01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit Jazz_01's BodySpace

no offence and you may be correct and its your own opinion but..........

isnt happiness a mortal care and a type of pain,(the opposite)? surely we would lose all senses of happiness,sadness,pain,touch,smell etc.........we would have no emotion if that was the case? how would we be happy?

Stats: 5'11", 185 lbs
    BodyPoints: 16566
    shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) shadowwalker021 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit shadowwalker021's BodySpace

cool man, this sounds like my idea

Originally Posted by shadowwalker021 View Post
    if we is good we go to a good place, if we is bad we go to a bad place. dur dur dur

LinaE is just really nice. (+1000) LinaE is just really nice. (+1000) LinaE is just really nice. (+1000) LinaE is just really nice. (+1000) LinaE is just really nice. (+1000) LinaE is just really nice. (+1000) LinaE is just really nice. (+1000) LinaE is just really nice. (+1000) LinaE is just really nice. (+1000)
    what happens when we die? ermmm enter heaven or hell i guess, or thats what we are told :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2