smartass21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smartass21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smartass21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

back pain -push ups and sit ups

Hello i started working out at home a few weeks ago i've just been doing some push ups and sit ups and my back hurts .i've been doing 4 sets of 50 sit ups with a pause between each day.i've stopped doing them just doing some push ups but the pain seems to come back but not as strong as when i was doing the sit ups .Also i went to went to play soccer no pain but when i got home i think it hurt just like i was doing the sit ups .Are there any exercises that don't affect the back which i can do at home ?And do you think i was overdoing it or something else caused the pain?

brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brasuca6 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How was your form on the situps? And why so many?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by smartass21 View Post
    Hello i started working out at home a few weeks ago i've just been doing some push ups and sit ups and my back hurts .i've been doing 4 sets of 50 sit ups with a pause between each day.i've stopped doing them just doing some push ups but the pain seems to come back but not as strong as when i was doing the sit ups .Also i went to went to play soccer no pain but when i got home i think it hurt just like i was doing the sit ups .Are there any exercises that don't affect the back which i can do at home ?And do you think i was overdoing it or something else caused the pain?
    You want to attempt to identify the root of pain.

Is it a technique issue? Have you hurt your back before?
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

smartass21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smartass21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smartass21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i've done sit ups before but not so many only about 20 per set .I'm not sure if my form was correct .I've never hurt my back before .
    I was wondering if you think i was just overdoing it or its because i'm stupid and didn't maintain a correct form ?And if there are other exercises that i could do
    Also when i was doing sit ups before i never noticed any pain

is in love with Tom Platz DaveBriggs's Avatar
    Location: shropshire, england, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i have had exactly the same thing

caused by exactly the same thing

your training the front of your core with the sit ups. not doing anything for your lower back.

inbalanced core strengh becomes very apperent when doing endurance activites like running.

start doing hyper extensions and it will go.

if your abs are stronger than your lower back and obliques it disperse the impact force of running unevenly causing back pain.
    Natural Physique Ascossiation South East Britain lightweight champion

NPA Mike Williams Classic 3rd place Novice and Best First timer of tournament
    NPA National Finals 5th place Novice
    NPA Midlands Lightweight 2nd - best poser award
    NPA South East Lightweight Champion
    UKDFBA (british INBF arm) Bantams 4th
    NPA Mike Williams Classic Lightweight 2nd
    Natural Physique Assocciation British Finals - 5th

http://www.unleashedbeasts.com/beasts/david-briggs-talks-to-us/

thanks i will try this and get back to you but i think you might be right if you say it also hurts after you run

is in love with Tom Platz DaveBriggs's Avatar
    Location: shropshire, england, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaveBriggs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by smartass21 View Post
    thanks i will try this and get back to you but i think you might be right if you say it also hurts after you run
    strenghen that back and you will feel alot better!

you can do hyper extensions by lying face down on the floor and pulling your shoulders and feet up at the same timeusing your back muscles

do them everytime you work your abs
    Natural Physique Ascossiation South East Britain lightweight champion

NPA Mike Williams Classic 3rd place Novice and Best First timer of tournament
    NPA National Finals 5th place Novice
    NPA Midlands Lightweight 2nd - best poser award
    NPA South East Lightweight Champion
    UKDFBA (british INBF arm) Bantams 4th
    NPA Mike Williams Classic Lightweight 2nd
    Natural Physique Assocciation British Finals - 5th

http://www.unleashedbeasts.com/beasts/david-briggs-talks-to-us/

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    1. Strengthen your low back.

2. Stretch out your hip flexors EXTENSIVELY. Put heat on them too before you do it for 5-10 minutes.

Hip flexors have origins on the lumbar spine. If you use them when you start fatiguing during ABS exercises (as they close the hip which you will inevitably do), it can lead to lower back pain.

99.99% of the time this is the answer. Abs exercises done to fatigue and/or incorrectly can cause back pain because of the psoas major/minor origins on the lumbar spine.