koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000)

Regular eggs vs Cage-free eggs?

Hi guys,

This girl that I started seeing recently saw me buy regular eggs yesterday and started telling me about the importance of eating healthy and buying organic and stuff. I appreciate that she is healthy and all, but I wondered whether there is really proven significant nutritional difference between regular eggs and cage free eggs. I think cage free eggs are 3-4 times more expensive than regular ones and I go through 5 a day so I wonder if anyone knows of any research to back that up?

Thanks!

P.S. She already sent me this:

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-...hier-Eggs.aspx

http://www.rps.psu.edu/0305/poultry.html

http://www.thedailygreen.com/living-...ee-Range-Foods notice how the USDA considers 5 minutes of grazing time to be adequate to label eggs as "free range," so it's not just any carton of free-range eggs that have this higher level of omega 3s, which may be what your articles were saying. however, chickens who are allowed to graze on dirt where they eat worms and other bugs and are fed flax seed do have the higher oemga-3 content, which is what my argument was all along. i never buy regular cage-free eggs because that is a misnomer in my opinion since the USDA has a crappy definition of "cage free." Also, chickens can be cage-free, but are still fed 90% grain...in which case, that's not really being cage-free either. personally, i think eggs should come from a farmer's market or something of that sort.. better nutritional content and supports local farmers, plus it uses less fuel and thereby is better for the environment. and it's fresher. of course, that isn't always possible, so i just pick up the ones that are cage free *and* omega 3 enhanced. i believe the most mainstream brand for those eggs are eggsland's best.

http://med.umich.edu/umim/food-pyramid/eggs.htm

http://www.auri.org/agnews-section.php?sid=306&agnid=71

http://www.healthcastle.com/egg.shtml

http://healthyeatingclub.com/info/ar...ce-of-fats.htm

jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Organic free range eggs have more omega3s then regular eggs you find in the market. Do I think it's worth the cost...not really...especially when fish oil/flax is so cheap that you can pop a few of those with breakfast.

Organic Beef is higher in CLA and other minerals as well.

This all has to do with how the animals are fed....if they are fed grains like the larger companies do (non organic) then this is not there regular diet and is why they are depleted in the vitamins, minerals, and omegas.
    KettleBURN Fitness and Personal Training
    CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1)

Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I buy local eggs and beef. Both are allowed to freely graze on grass, as is their want. Of course, this increases the nutrients present in the food. But it's also cheap, keeps money circulating in the local economy, and tastes worlds better.

kanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kanderson17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The regular eggs usually come from chickens treated with growth hormones and antibiotics. organic Cage free are higher in omega 3s and have no added hormones or antibiotics

jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kanderson17 View Post
    The regular eggs usually come from chickens treated with growth hormones and antibiotics. organic Cage free are higher in omega 3s and have no added hormones or antibiotics
    Forgot this.....good call my friend!
    KettleBURN Fitness and Personal Training
    CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1)

bucketlistguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bucketlistguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bucketlistguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bucketlistguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bucketlistguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bucketlistguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Call me naive, but...Don't current government rules forbid the treatment of poultry with hormones? That's what I see on every packet of chicken I buy.
    If you are kind enough to rep me, I will rep you back. And if you are graceless enough to neg me, I will respond in kind.

KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Beech27 View Post
    I buy local eggs and beef. Both are allowed to freely graze on grass, as is their want. Of course, this increases the nutrients present in the food. But it's also cheap, keeps money circulating in the local economy, and tastes worlds better.
    I have been buying all of my stuff locally from small operations too,there is no comparison to the high production stuff you get at the stores.

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cage-free has the ethical standpoint as well. Having raised chickens, I just don't like the idea of the ones who are boxed up in those factory style warehouses.

But then again, I'm a omnivore. Something must die for me to live.
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SupaSaiyajin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I buy organic cage free pretty much every time. I like my food to come from animals that lived happy healthy lives. That is very important to me =D Wether its better or not is only extra IMO
    "I do lots of pushups and situps and drink plenty of juice"

Reps back regaurdless ;)
    I owe reps to: No1 right now, get on board for reps, gimme the green!

koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lol, thanks for teh input guys ;-) I am sure this will make her happy :/

MILKis4BABIES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MILKis4BABIES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dont really feel the need to pay the extra money for them considering the amount of eggs i go through.

dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BookMonkey View Post
    Cage-free has the ethical standpoint as well. Having raised chickens, I just don't like the idea of the ones who are boxed up in those factory style warehouses.

But then again, I'm a omnivore. Something must die for me to live.
    yes, but they shouldn't have to be treated like that.. they are living things, and they are being cruely treated, i personally think it's wrong, since they have no choice, regardless if they are animals lower on the food chain, and we are more powerful..it's only done for efficency and to keep costs down, which of course is most important to humans, it's all fueled by greed.

But as for OP yeah from what i do know there is a little bit of a difference, if you want check back in about 5 months and my whole project will be done, the nutrient difference being apart of it, what i find, i will prob post in my thread u answered
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right!"-Henry Ford

Flingus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flingus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flingus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flingus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flingus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flingus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flingus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flingus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flingus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flingus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Flingus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dimasso69 View Post
    yes, but they shouldn't have to be treated like that.. they are living things, and they are being cruely treated, i personally think it's wrong, since they have no choice, regardless if they are animals lower on the food chain, and we are more powerful..it's only done for efficency and to keep costs down, which of course is most important to humans, it's all fueled by greed.

But as for OP yeah from what i do know there is a little bit of a difference, if you want check back in about 5 months and my whole project will be done, the nutrient difference being apart of it, what i find, i will prob post in my thread u answered
    I buy cage free, always. I've wasted money on much worse things. Its one thing to eat another animal to live, its a whole different act to torture it and cause unnecessary pain and suffering.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Gandhi
    Last edited by Flingus; 01-29-2010 at 03:15 PM.

scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    umm so does the terminology "cage free" actually mean free range? or are you all just assuming its free range?

because IMO theres a big difference.

we done a experiment of growing chickens, now we grew cage free and free range chickens. Our cage free ones did not live in a cage, but lived off of hormones and antibiotics, they took 4 weeks to become full size and able to lay eggs regularly.

Meanwhile the free range chickens took more like 12 weeks.

As far as im concerned cage free just talks about the lifestyle not the feeding method (free range = living off the land +seed only) if i was one of you people paying the big bucks for them, i would want to make sure its non-hormone fed chicken not just happy ones not living in cages.

KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I always get free-range eggs.

Not going to buy caged eggs that are stuffed with hormones and shiit, not only is that unethical and cruel, the eggs arn't as good as the free-range ones.
    ★★★ I was part of Ultra 2013 Thread Crew ★★★
    No Fap October 2012 COMPLETED!
    Misc Persian Crew
    -->>MMC<<--
    Dorian Yates training = The only way to train!
    M4L Krew Representing!~
    RIP - Az "Zyzz" Sergeyevich :( , The god has fallen, but the legend lives on! <3

Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beech27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by scump View Post
    umm so does the terminology "cage free" actually mean free range? or are you all just assuming its free range?

because IMO theres a big difference.

we done a experiment of growing chickens, now we grew cage free and free range chickens. Our cage free ones did not live in a cage, but lived off of hormones and antibiotics, they took 4 weeks to become full size and able to lay eggs regularly.

Meanwhile the free range chickens took more like 12 weeks.

As far as im concerned cage free just talks about the lifestyle not the feeding method (free range = living off the land +seed only) if i was one of you people paying the big bucks for them, i would want to make sure its non-hormone fed chicken not just happy ones not living in cages.
    The easiest way to ensure this is to buy eggs from local farms. Especially if you can talk to the farmer, or even buy the eggs fresh from the farm. It sounds a bit hokey, but farmer's markets and local co-ops are the best way to ensure you're getting quality foods.

Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd go broke eating cage free organic eggs lol. I have a dozen egg whites every day. Thats the difference between like 7$ a week and like 35$ a week (guessing that's prolly high)
    THE AWARE
    Indiana, USA
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142412021

|progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Flingus View Post
    I buy cage free, always. I've wasted money on much worse things. Its one thing to eat another animal to live, its a whole different act to torture it and cause unnecessary pain and suffering.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Gandhi
    Really? You do realize there is virtually no difference between "cage-free" and normal growing conditions....

This is "cage free" living conditions for a chicken. (can't post images or links with my post count, copy & paste)

metaphorical.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/12eggxlarge1.jpg

momonroof.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/chickens.jpg

So tell me what's the difference? It's called marketing....

Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mts6175 View Post
    Really? You do realize there is virtually no difference between "cage-free" and normal growing conditions....

This is "cage free" living conditions for a chicken. (can't post images or links with my post count, copy & paste)

metaphorical.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/12eggxlarge1.jpg

momonroof.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/chickens.jpg

So tell me what's the difference? It's called marketing....
    interesting...i recently decided i would start adding some tasty egg recipes to my bulk because i thought cage-free eggs were humane...guess i gotta scrap that idea and hold off on buying eggs then.

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Beech27 View Post
    Originally Posted by SupaSaiyajin View Post
    I buy organic cage free pretty much every time. I like my food to come from animals that lived happy healthy lives. That is very important to me =D Wether its better or not is only extra IMO
    Originally Posted by Flingus View Post

Originally Posted by KouRon View Post
    I always get free-range eggs.

Not going to buy caged eggs that are stuffed with hormones and shiit, not only is that unethical and cruel, the eggs arn't as good as the free-range ones.
    ^
    see all the above....

And this thread here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121009881

Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would rather spend extra money on other things. Just me though. I'm good paying 2$ for a dozen xl eggs

Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000) Zelda55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    btw emma, way to stand up to the arrogant meatheads lacking any sense of decency and critical thinking skills in that thread that you linked to. i know it can be frustrating, but after a certain point you realize it's not worth fighting a war, but it is worth fighting battles i.e. doing what you can to convince small groups of reasonable individuals from time to time, but not the brainless masses on any large scale e.g. 90% bodybuilding.com forum members.

buddy72192 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buddy72192 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buddy72192 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buddy72192 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buddy72192 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buddy72192 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buddy72192 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buddy72192 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buddy72192 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buddy72192 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buddy72192 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't have the money to pay extra for cage-free eggs and the benefit would be minimal at best.
    "Bodybuilding is much like any other sport. To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Reps/Life Ka0s

|progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) |progress| is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Zelda55 View Post
    interesting...i recently decided i would start adding some tasty egg recipes to my bulk because i thought cage-free eggs were humane...guess i gotta scrap that idea and hold off on buying eggs then.
    Buy Free Range Eggs if you are that strict about it, that's the closest you are going to get to what you are looking for.

It personally doesn't bother me, but then again, I'm an avid hunter and grew up on ranches my whole life. I know that we always treated our animals right, even though they were being used for food. I know the majority of farmers & ranchers have the same mentality we do, but there are always a few bad cases that become the poster children for humane activist.

Originally Posted by mts6175 View Post
    Buy Free Range Eggs if you are that strict about it, that's the closest you are going to get to what you are looking for.

It personally doesn't bother me, but then again, I'm an avid hunter and grew up on ranches my whole life. I know that we always treated our animals right, even though they were being used for food. I know the majority of farmers & ranchers have the same mentality we do, but there are always a few bad cases that become the poster children for humane activist.
    well factory farmers aren't farmers in the traditional sense (i.e. the kind you are talking about). factory farmers are uneducated and often sadistic people who toss around the animals without any regard for their suffering and sometimes even relishing in it and ridiculing them. i know that by not purchasing eggs i don't make any significant impact, but the whole thing is philosophical...this is the world we live and it's too embedded in our structural norms for it to change, so the best you can do is live true to your personal beliefs.

btw free range = cage-free...same thing.

well factory farmers aren't farmers in the traditional sense (i.e. the kind you are talking about). factory farmers are uneducated and often sadistic people who toss around the animals without any regard for their suffering and sometimes even relishing in it and ridiculing them.
    Not trying to be an ass, but I lived in Texas pretty much my whole life around farmers & ranchers, grew up with parents & grandparents in the cattle industry (at one point my family had the largest registered heard of Black Angus cattle in the US), went to Texas A&M (one of the most widely known Ag research universities in the world) where I studied Ag Economics, and that's one of the most uneducated statements I've ever read about farmers & ranchers. If you think that 99% of farmers & ranchers don't care about the welfare of their animals, I suggest making a trip down to some of the farms & ranches in the US to see how animals are actually treated and not base opinions off what you see on youtube. Like I said, there are always bad apples in every group of society that become the poster child for what people think about their ideals because it's all they've been exposed to.

99% of farmers & ranchers sell their products commercially, or "factory" as you call them.

And btw, while Cage Free falls into the Free Range as one of it's sub-categories, there are free range birds that are allowed to roam around the barnyard, not just inside the chicken coop. That's what I was referring to.

KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) KQguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ask around,there are lot's of small time guy's with little business's producing eggs.These are the places you want to get your eggs from,I get mine from a guy down the road,they are cage free,and free range.They only cost $1.50 per dozen for large eggs,and are as fresh as can be.I didn't realise how many people raise their own,until you start asking around.

x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    btw free range = cage-free...same thing.
    Not according to the Wikipedia article concerning free-range eggs:
    The main (and in most cases only) difference between free-range and factory-farmed eggs is that the birds of the former type are permitted to roam freely within the farmyard and kept in sheds or henhouses only at night. However, not all countries have legal standards defining what free range means. For example, the U.S. Department of Agriculture has no standards, and allows egg producers to freely label any egg as a free-range egg.[1] Many producers will label their eggs as cage-free in addition to or instead of free-range.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-range_eggs

The folks at Greenwood Farms make another distinction between the two:
    Here's something you may not know: Free-range and Cage-Free are not the same thing. Free-range chickens (like ours and the Phelps') spend their days outdoors - free to roam anywhere they please, eat grass and bugs and enjoy the fresh air. Cage-Free simply means the chickens aren't kept in cages. In most cases, "cage-free" chickens are still prisoners, confined with thousands of other birds, in huge poultry houses. They've traded individual cages for one big cage.
    http://www.greenwoodfarms.com/Free_Range_Eggs.htm

scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) scump has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol X-ray nice post.

kinda what i said before, but i love the way people prefer to go on believing their own assumptions... as opposed to listening to facts.

justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I bought a dozen cage-free eggs for the first time today for $4.50. After reading this article, this will be my last time too.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...0valdez10.html