ChadCox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChadCox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChadCox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChadCox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChadCox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChadCox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChadCox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChadCox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many weeks do you guys think I need to cut?

Hey you guys so I am new here and these are photos of where I am right now. I took these photos today

My Stats are:
    5'11
    178lbs
    18% Body Fat

I was 200lbs a few months ago but I have been running about 4-5 days a week and eating a relatively healthy diet. At first I was just going to run until I got down to 160lbs but I feel like I will be to scrawny and I have gone down to 170lbs twice but I keep gaining back the 10 pounds when I stopped running for a few weeks.

So how long do you guys think it should take me to cut with proper weight training, cardio and eating clean? I was thinking about 8 weeks..... Any links or advice you guys could give would be much appreciated! Links to other threads or articles would be great to! Thanks!

Also ultimately my goal is to be very lean with muscle like this

Kalikolei has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I think you need to just lift and eat. You need more lean body mass before you cut in my opinion. Its a lot easier doing it this way then just cutting then bulking. Unless of course you just want to be skinny, then I say cut for 10 weeks. You should be good if you lose 10 pounds or so, losing 1-2 pounds a week. Takes time, but definitely worth it.

ChadCox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChadCox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChadCox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChadCox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChadCox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChadCox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChadCox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChadCox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah I want to be mainly lean, I was thinking I would lift 3 days a week and cardio 4 days a week until I get my bodyfat down to 8%-10% then work on putting on more muscle. So think 10 weeks is about the time it would take?

Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your BF% looks around 22-23% from the pics

Having said that a strict diet and exercise routine you could cut 1% BF a week
    Last edited by Shakaa; 01-28-2010 at 04:27 PM.

DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DanMan2k06 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    10 weeks, I don't think so. That's only a little more than two months. You will be able to drop a noticeable amount of fat in that time, but don't think you'll end up like that guy. Like other said, you need some mass before you can cut. I would say lift heavy, re-evaluate in 3 months, and then decide whether you want to cut of just keep building and cut later.

Originally Posted by Shakaa View Post
    Your BF% looks around 22-23% from the pics

Having said that a strict diet and exercise routine you could cut 1% BF a week
    yeah you are probably right, i used one of those scales that also checks you bf% and I dont know how accurate they are

Originally Posted by DanMan2k06 View Post
    10 weeks, I don't think so. That's only a little more than two months. You will be able to drop a noticeable amount of fat in that time, but don't think you'll end up like that guy. Like other said, you need some mass before you can cut. I would say lift heavy, re-evaluate in 3 months, and then decide whether you want to cut of just keep building and cut later.
    well i was aiming to reach that models physique in about 6 months to a year, do you think that is a realistic goal

13seth is just really nice. (+1000) 13seth is just really nice. (+1000) 13seth is just really nice. (+1000) 13seth is just really nice. (+1000) 13seth is just really nice. (+1000) 13seth is just really nice. (+1000) 13seth is just really nice. (+1000) 13seth is just really nice. (+1000) 13seth is just really nice. (+1000) 13seth is just really nice. (+1000) 13seth is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think you should concentrate on lifting heavy and eating clean. You will become lean over a year or 2 and not look scrawney. You might want to do some cardio, but heavy compound lifting will add lean mass and lose fat.
    Why do you want to look like that model, he is kind of scrawney, you may have a scewed body image because you were chubby when younger or something, but I think you should set your goals higher than that for yourself. Work at it consistently, as part of your life and you will be there before you know it

thanks for the advice you guys!

bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50) bonoms will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ChadCox View Post
    well i was aiming to reach that models physique in about 6 months to a year, do you think that is a realistic goal
    Um....maaaaaybe a year.....if you eat STRICT and are in the gym at least 5 days a week
    C-bol review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=441121371#post441121371
    Cryoshock review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122092041
    Vasolate review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=450256581#post450256581
    Bioforge/E-Bol Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121981351

Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shakaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That Physique was built in the kitchen not the Gym, With a good nutrition plan, lifting 3 Days a week is more than enough.

lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10) lulswut is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bonoms View Post
    Um....maaaaaybe a year.....if you eat STRICT and are in the gym at least 5 days a week
    5 days a week isn't necessary. Good nutrition and HARD 1 hour sessions 3 times a week will get him there, and a lot futher if he wants.

And OP, remember that consitency is key when building muscle. Skipping a training day, or eating bad a weekend might not seem like a big deal at a time, but that stuff quickly builds up over the course of 365 days. There is no substitute for hard work...