teeg1013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

workouts- what muscles to pair up?

i've heard alot of different options, but which way are you suppose to pair up muscles i a workout, i go to the gym mon,tues,thurs,fri. i usually do chest monday, bi's and back tuesday, shoulders and tri's thursday and friday legs, what do you guys think

getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) getmoney06 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i do

mon- chest/tri
    tue- back /bi
    wen- legs /shoulder traps
    repeat

cardio ever day with abs every day i work out 6 days a week not on sunday
    throw on a few more plates on that bar, and get jacked.

If you leave the gym and you don't feel like your about to throw up.... get back in there you didnt hit it hard enough

TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)

well

There is no one way to match up body parts. You can mix it up in a variety of ways. One rule of thumb, however, you usually want to give each major muscle group it's own day (i.e. chest, back, legs) I even split my legs into 2 days a week, focusing on hamstrings one day and quads another.
    "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."
    -Arnold

mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50) mindblown will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    there is a lot of ways to split your workout bro
    none of them is necessarily better than the rest

Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10) Salad_Dodger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bench Presses and Biceps five days a week. Don't bother working the other muscles groups.

In all honesty though, it's a matter of preference. People's bodies respond differently to things, and as such, there isn't an ideal set way to pair up muscles.

Some people hit their whole upper body one day and follow with their lower body the next, and others do splits similar to those posted above.

Just experiment and see what works best for you, mate.
    "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

-Rocky Balboa

Adonish-AOE14 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Adonish-AOE14 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Adonish-AOE14 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Adonish-AOE14 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Adonish-AOE14 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Adonish-AOE14 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Adonish-AOE14 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Adonish-AOE14 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Adonish-AOE14 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Adonish-AOE14 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Adonish-AOE14 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    chest/tri
    back/bi
    legs/shoulders/traps

some people add shoulders with chest/tri, but personally I think that makes the workout much longer and will force you to hit the chest/tri with less volume and effort.

teeg1013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile hey thanks everyone

Hey really appreciate all the insight thanks

TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50) TitanBMJ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    chest/bis, quads/calves, shoulders/traps/tris, back, hamstrings/calves
    "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."
    -Arnold

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I do

M: Chest/Back
    T: Legs/Obliques
    W: Bi, Tri, Shoulder, Abs
    Repeat

I'm another 6 day a week person.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Karaim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by teeg1013 View Post
    i've heard alot of different options, but which way are you suppose to pair up muscles i a workout, i go to the gym mon,tues,thurs,fri. i usually do chest monday, bi's and back tuesday, shoulders and tri's thursday and friday legs, what do you guys think
    Any unrelated muscle group will work fine.

Personally I prefer to superset a large muscle group with a smaller one.

(i.e. back & calves, chest and abs, legs & traps...)
    cjj2k in a pm to me:

"**** you pussy, you and ape can eat **** "

Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm on

Mon: Chest n Tris
    Tue: Back n Bis
    Wed: OFF
    Thurs: Shoulders
    Friday: Abs n legs
    “Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it.”

-Albert Einstein

Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Adonish-AOE14 View Post
    chest/tri
    back/bi
    legs/shoulders/traps

some people add shoulders with chest/tri, but personally I think that makes the workout much longer and will force you to hit the chest/tri with less volume and effort.
    Same split I do
    TAKE WHAT YOU HAVE AND TURN IT INTO WHAT YOU WANT

allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10) allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10) allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10) allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10) allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10) allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10) allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10) allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10) allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10) allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10) allan882 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Same, I also do:
    back and bi's
    chest and tris
    shoulders legs

beta1agonist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beta1agonist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beta1agonist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beta1agonist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beta1agonist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beta1agonist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beta1agonist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beta1agonist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beta1agonist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beta1agonist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beta1agonist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looks ok.... but I prefer working muscles more than once a week

Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Boochieboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm in the gym 7 days a week. Once I do the 3 day rotation I'm on,,,I just start it over again. No off days for me,,,,so (for me) it's working the muscles 2,,,sometimes 3 times a week (depending on how the rotation works out).
    Last edited by Boochieboy; 02-02-2010 at 04:19 PM.
    TAKE WHAT YOU HAVE AND TURN IT INTO WHAT YOU WANT

twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    I do

M: Chest/Back
    T: Legs/Obliques
    W: Bi, Tri, Shoulder, Abs
    Repeat

I'm another 6 day a week person.
    6 days a week is the way I do it! (Okay 5 right now cause I'm busy)
    I did your split for a while but my arms didn't budge.

This is what always works best for me:

Chest, shoulders, tris
    quads, hams, calves
    back, rear delts, bi, abs
    rest then repeat

Good old push/legs/pull
    I avoid overtraining my arms and delts with this split. OP if you use this split which I recommend, make sure you "deload" every now and again.