Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is 3 sets enough?

Is 3 sets of each exercises enough for muscle growth and strenght?

I've always done 3 sets in all my work outs for about 2 years now and seen pretty good results but would i notice more gains in strenght/size if i added 1 or 2 more sets??

Also what you think of this routine?

Monday- punchbag work, kettlebells, v situps, pressups
    tuesady- Legs and chest weights
    Wednesday- back and shoulders weights
    Thursday- biceps and triceps weights
    friday- 3 mile jog.

what you guys think, cheers

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    3 sets per bodypart? Probably not.

3 sets per exercise, with an appropriate number of movements? Possibly.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've always read and heard that 3-4 sets of 4 to 6 exercises is good.

__r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The routine is pretty bad, but what bothers me the most is that you have been training for two years and you still know so less about the topic. Lifting without knowledge is not only inefficient, but also dangerous when it comes to exercise form and safety. The best advice I can give you is to learn more.

Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Paddyirishlad is on a distinguished road. (+10)

routine

Originally Posted by __r View Post
    The routine is pretty bad, but what bothers me the most is that you have been training for two years and you still know so less about the topic. Lifting without knowledge is not only inefficient, but also dangerous when it comes to exercise form and safety. The best advice I can give you is to learn more.
    hi,

i appreciate your comment. can you give me any clue as to what im doing wrong or what i can do to better this routine?

Cheers mate

bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bikes4u is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've always read that 3 sets is good. I add 1 burn set after my 3 workout sets
    ◊–◊–◊–◊-Cut Like Diamonds by June Crew–◊–◊–◊–◊
    Old school workouts, weight lifting. Believer in Iron. Following Arnold's teachings and principles.

=Anxiety Crew=

Must Read: Encyclopedia of Body Building by Arnold. "Bodybuilding is the best sport." Arnold

BigTimexXx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigTimexXx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigTimexXx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigTimexXx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigTimexXx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigTimexXx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigTimexXx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigTimexXx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigTimexXx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigTimexXx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BigTimexXx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    3 sets of what? 1, 5, 20? What kind of intensity are you trying to work with? What exercises? What exactly are you trying to accomplish - what's your short and long-term goals? Are you an athlete, recreational lifter, strength athlete, or are you a mixture? Do you have aspirations to be a competitive bodybuilder on the local/state/national/world circuits?

There are too many unanswered variables.

bigtimexxx

Originally Posted by BigTimexXx View Post
    3 sets of what? 1, 5, 20? What kind of intensity are you trying to work with? What exercises? What exactly are you trying to accomplish - what's your short and long-term goals? Are you an athlete, recreational lifter, strength athlete, or are you a mixture? Do you have aspirations to be a competitive bodybuilder on the local/state/national/world circuits?

There are too many unanswered variables.
    3 sets of 8-10
    military press-bench-squats-hammer curls that sort of thing.

My goal is to build muscle and to be in good shape. nothing serious.

__r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Paddyirishlad View Post
    hi,

i appreciate your comment. can you give me any clue as to what im doing wrong or what i can do to better this routine?

Cheers mate
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=118004321
    To learn more about exercise technique, read the exercise section of http://stronglifts.com/