Grymsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grymsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grymsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grymsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grymsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grymsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grymsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grymsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grymsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grymsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need To Get Bigger And Wider.

Hi, I'm 5'11, 170 pounds. My problem is that I'm a small guy, tall but skinnier than most. I have good muscle definition but not a suitable size or width for my height. I look good in a wife beater (I've been told), but when it comes to standing side to side with a guy around my height, my body frame is considerably smaller than his even if I had a more muscular build than him.

My question is, is it possible for me to widen out or even bulk up my body to match the average guys around my height? I'm not looking to get HUGE, I just want a build that would put me on equal grounds with the average 5'11 man.

What sort of equipment will I need to get my body frame bigger? Lifting weights or using resistance workout machines, which one is better? what kind of food or supplement is famous for bulking up a skinny guy and what would my workout schedule look like? I can do hard work. I just have NO idea where to start.

Your help is much appreciated. I'm ready for a life change so dedication isn't a problem.

MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MDPower75 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Buy Starting Strength. It was made for you!

drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000)
    Eat big, lift big, be big. Starting Strength and you will make those other 5'11" guys look like twigs.

-Drew

Grymsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grymsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grymsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grymsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grymsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grymsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grymsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grymsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grymsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Grymsoul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for your advise. . .but can you be a little more detailed or even tell me what or where I can purchase "Starting Stength"? Is lifting weights instead of using resistance machines more beneficial for my goal? I think I can look up the rest like workout schedule and nutrients intake. But if you can answer the above questions I'll be highly appreciative.

drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000) drewott is just really nice. (+1000)
    There is an online wiki with information as well as a book. I recommend reading the wiki and getting the book. The wiki will get you started.

Wiki: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ (Read all of it. It will help you understand the theory behind the program as well as answer most questions)

Use the SS log calculator. I have found this to be a great help in calculating my weights.

Log Calculator: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi..._and_Downloads

You can get the book here: http://aasgaardco.com/store/store.ph...on=show_detail

You will be using the barbell for everything. Start light and move on up.

Good luck,

-Drew

Bmoreguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmoreguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmoreguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmoreguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmoreguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmoreguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmoreguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmoreguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmoreguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know what starting strength is, but if all these guys are recommending it, it cant steer your wrong. if you're looking to get wider/bigger, i would say its important to work you shoulder and lats, as both of these will appear to make you have a larger frame.

Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    2020 Comeback from hiatus. Time to get blench
    Running a Max-OT style routine to get the wheel turning

healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healthylifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You have to eat a lot (protein and carbs) and lift heavy. So that means staying in in the 4-8 rep range.

Thanks for the info. I looked it up and it seems like a pretty solid starting plan for my workout. It tells me to puschase a book to get a better understanding of what I'm supposed to do. Is there a dvd or video version of the book that I can purchase as well? Don't get me wrong, I'm no stranger to reading, but when it comes down to details like form and posture, a book just isn't ideal for that.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Starting Strength would be perfect. I'd suggest you read the book or the Wiki first and get as much out of it as you can. It details the basic lifts you'll need to do--squats, benches, deadlifts, presses and the like, and if you go to YouTube and type in "Mark Rippetoe" there are a lot of vids concerning proper form and what to do and what not to do.

I'll just add this: Unless you're a genetic freak, you aren't going to get huge overnight; for the vast majority of us, it takes a long time. However, if you do SS, eat well, drink milk like he recommends and progressively increase your poundages whenever possible, you will get bigger. How much? Impossible to say. Newbie gains--which you will get--are always the best of your life, so make it count. Stick with the basics and you'll grow. Best of luck.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1