SoccerPerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoccerPerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoccerPerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoccerPerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoccerPerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoccerPerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoccerPerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoccerPerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoccerPerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoccerPerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoccerPerson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Collar Bone / Clavicle Pops Out of Place, Cracking Sound

When I do certain movements with my right arm (this does not happen to my left clavicle), such as a baseball throwing motion, my right clavicle temporarily pops out of place. Here is a video to show what I mean: divshare.com/download/ 10301858-11d (copy and paste the link into the address bar in the web browser, and remove the space between "download/" and "10301858-11d"). It is slightly uncomfortable, especially when I have my right clavicle pop out of place often in a short period of time, but there is no serious pain.

Also, when doing an overhead press motion (even with no weight), my right clavicle makes a slight cracking noise that seems to originate from the same place where it pops out.

I'm not really sure what caused this or when it happened. I just happened to notice it one day. Back in November, I fell hard on the cement while carrying about 30 pounds of stuff on my back, which did impact my left arm and shoulder (I was only able to move it slightly without a lot of pain), but I didn't notice any injuries to my right side at the time.

Does anybody have any advice as to treating this, how serious it is, etc.? I tried searching Google and looking through other threads here, but I only saw ones about acromioclavicular and rotator cuff injures, which, as far as I know, is not really related to my problem (I think mine might be a sternoclavicular issue from my research).

BigJayNJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigJayNJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigJayNJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigJayNJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigJayNJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigJayNJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigJayNJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigJayNJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigJayNJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigJayNJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigJayNJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sternoclavicle separation. Sever too. Wow. Jesus man, go to the Dr.

e0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SoccerPerson View Post
    When I do certain movements with my right arm (this does not happen to my left clavicle), such as a baseball throwing motion, my right clavicle temporarily pops out of place. Here is a video to show what I mean: divshare.com/download/ 10301858-11d (copy and paste the link into the address bar in the web browser, and remove the space between "download/" and "10301858-11d"). It is slightly uncomfortable, especially when I have my right clavicle pop out of place often in a short period of time, but there is no serious pain.

Also, when doing an overhead press motion (even with no weight), my right clavicle makes a slight cracking noise that seems to originate from the same place where it pops out.

I'm not really sure what caused this or when it happened. I just happened to notice it one day. Back in November, I fell hard on the cement while carrying about 30 pounds of stuff on my back, which did impact my left arm and shoulder (I was only able to move it slightly without a lot of pain), but I didn't notice any injuries to my right side at the time.

Does anybody have any advice as to treating this, how serious it is, etc.? I tried searching Google and looking through other threads here, but I only saw ones about acromioclavicular and rotator cuff injures, which, as far as I know, is not really related to my problem (I think mine might be a sternoclavicular issue from my research).
    Hey, a few days ago I hurt my shoulder after doing chest/triceps at the gym - got a sharp pain that ached for about an hour or so, and now I have the same symptoms as you, popping of the right clavicle where it meets the sternum when I rotate my arm. There is no pain at all, but I can also see my clavicle protrudes more than the left. Was this also the case for you? Sorry I don't have any advice on it. As it's been 2 years since you posted this, how has the condition changed at all? I presume your still lifting at the gym? Hope you reply, thanks

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, this is an old thread bump, but just in case anyone else is suffering from the same:

Have a persistent SC injury myself only mine hurts like he11 and is affecting the musculature around it. One thing that can make it worse is to do work that involves pulling your shoulder way back. This can cause the clavicle to pivot about the first rib (like a fulcrum) and displace the clavicle anteriorly. If the sprain is not too severe (ligaments are torn completely) they will tighten over time. If you keep stressing the joint they likely will not tighten. I have a [permanent] 3rd degree AC sep on the opposite shoulder from about 15 years ago - never tightened up a bit. It wouldn't be a bad idea to go to a sports medicine doctor and have them take a look and see if there's anything they can do for it. It's a tough on to treat - very hard to brace.
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

e0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks. I'm not certain but I think mine is a growth plate fracture (based on internet research, perhaps OPs is too as under 25 yrs), and hopefully not that serious. I'll take a week off from the gym and probably go to the doctors. Hopefully I can carry on gym (trying to avoid movements that cause it to pop for a while), and it will heal on its own (though maybe still slightly protruding). Also a year ago my left wrist joint (medial) popped in and out quite often when lifting. I went to doctors they didn't really do much...I'm now thinking that was a growth plate fracture too :/ However as far as I'm aware that's fine now and has healed. Thanks again for the reply

shezi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SoccerPerson View Post

Hey, did you manage to fix this somehow? I have got a similar injury and the doctor says there is nothing that can be done. Please let me know.

Thanks.