madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

personal trainers on this forum

I am really interested in pursuing the personal training field. I am thinking about purchasing a little building and I am interested into how everything works. Does anyone on here have any information as far as what certificates I need, how long it takes, money, average salary, and generally anything I can expect to happen. Thanks very much in advance.

txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    are you looking to train specificaly athletes or train individuals?

bc it really differs as far as income, certs, and things to expect!

*edit add on!

i wouldnt rent a place until you set up a reputation! best bet is to find a small gym and try to rent out some space per hour from the owner! money is slow when you first start out and you dont want the overhang or rent on a building to be on your mind!
    Last edited by txapn; 01-27-2010 at 03:20 PM.
    -------------------------------www.Texas-AP.com--------------------------------------
    --------------------- join us on face book: txapn and txapn stefan ---------------------
    --------------------- HOWS THIS GAME GOING TO REMEMBER YOU? ---------------------

madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10) madeira17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by txapn View Post
    are you looking to train specificaly athletes or train individuals?

bc it really differs as far as income, certs, and things to expect!

*edit add on!

i wouldnt rent a place until you set up a reputation! best bet is to find a small gym and try to rent out some space per hour from the owner! money is slow when you first start out and you dont want the overhang or rent on a building to be on your mind!
    I would initially be looking to train individuals from all angles. Athletes would come and go from referrals and everything like that. As for the space my father owns an office building with a garage space and I could do it there. The start up cost for the equipment is all I have for now and plus any schooling I need. How much is the schooling?

txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) txapn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by madeira17 View Post
    I would initially be looking to train individuals from all angles. Athletes would come and go from referrals and everything like that. As for the space my father owns an office building with a garage space and I could do it there. The start up cost for the equipment is all I have for now and plus any schooling I need. How much is the schooling?
    it differs ranges for a basic cert any where from 200-600 ish!

you can train and make decent money with a cert but if you go athletics and train sport specific i would highly recommend some actual schooling! kinesiology, bio-mechanics, and exercise science to name a few degree angles of interest.

IMO if you go for just a base cert the best one out there is NASM! its nationally recognized (in case you want to go to a gym to train) and its pretty well informative! dont remember how much it cost me but i believe it was about 500 or more!

just remember the more ya learn the more ya earn!!!

and as far as when you first start out dont be expecting cash to just flow right in! you have to be a good sales man. the training is the easiest part but you have to be able to sell your self and what your service can do!

i started out working as an intern for some highly popular and respected trainers (two different places for about 4 months each) then parted out and started training basic individuals on my own, slowly progressing into athletes only! but been training for about a year solo now and make pretty good money for my area! i closed in about 70k this year! but like i said its mostly how good you are as a salesman.
    -------------------------------www.Texas-AP.com--------------------------------------
    --------------------- join us on face book: txapn and txapn stefan ---------------------
    --------------------- HOWS THIS GAME GOING TO REMEMBER YOU? ---------------------

Originally Posted by txapn View Post
    it differs ranges for a basic cert any where from 200-600 ish!

you can train and make decent money with a cert but if you go athletics and train sport specific i would highly recommend some actual schooling! kinesiology, bio-mechanics, and exercise science to name a few degree angles of interest.

IMO if you go for just a base cert the best one out there is NASM! its nationally recognized (in case you want to go to a gym to train) and its pretty well informative! dont remember how much it cost me but i believe it was about 500 or more!

just remember the more ya learn the more ya earn!!!

and as far as when you first start out dont be expecting cash to just flow right in! you have to be a good sales man. the training is the easiest part but you have to be able to sell your self and what your service can do!

i started out working as an intern for some highly popular and respected trainers (two different places for about 4 months each) then parted out and started training basic individuals on my own, slowly progressing into athletes only! but been training for about a year solo now and make pretty good money for my area! i closed in about 70k this year! but like i said its mostly how good you are as a salesman.

What is the average price you would charge for an hour of service for an average person. I know it depends on location but I am just curious. I would charge less then most gyms around me so that would be an incentive to come to my place. Would it be wise of me to let regulars stop in and lift without appointments or would I look more professional if I only dealt with clients and sessions. I have very vague questions and I know it is probably frustrating to hear them. I feel like I would do well because I eliminate any pressure of being at a big gym and it is only me and the clients one on one so that should go well with people. I here you the more you know the more you can charge haha I know that business side. Thanks so much in advance and also this is a stupid question but I am not 6'4 and big like yourself do you think it matters if I am in good athletic shape but not overly big with huge muscles. Do you think that takes any credibility away from me?
    Last edited by madeira17; 01-27-2010 at 07:25 PM.

like ya said it depends on the area and so on but sessions usually run any where from 20-100+ an hour. best bet is to ask around and see what others are offering around you. it also depends on the type of income levels in your area! rich people will pay more lol

as far as sessions go i would always have a schedule for the clients! it will look for professional as well as run smoothly. schedules get pretty hectic sometimes!

as far as your looks goes... ive seen alot of out of shape trainers so you can make money not being in shape! but as far as size and so on it really doesnt matter. just make sure your in shape! *you are a walking billboard for your service!

Shitin' and Miscin' teriyakisaki's Avatar
    teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000) teriyakisaki is just really nice. (+1000)
    this is discussed at length in the personal training section. check the stickies.