susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Protein cake/muffin/brownie

WOWZA

I am going to try this

Makes 1 @ 90 calories, 18 grams of protein, and 2 net carbs

Ingredients:

* 15 grams of protein powder (half a scoop) (whey works best, but I use unflavored soy many times to save money-I buy it in bulk!)
    * 1 tbsp 100% cocoa powder
    * 1/4 tsp baking powder
    * 2 packets stevia (or whatever sweetneer you prefer)
    * 1 tbsp pumpkin or applesauce (your choice!)
    * 3 tbsp liquid egg whites (or 1 egg white)

Directions:

1. In a microwavable cup, place the protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, and stevia. Mix well.

2. Stir in the egg whites and pumpkin so that you end up with a thick batter.

3. Microwave for 1 minute. The result will look something like this:

4. Use a knife to gently loosen it from the mug. Place the mug upside down on a plate and let the cake come out.

5. Cut in half and fill with desired toppings- peanut butter, yogurt, cream cheese, laughing cow, etc!

6. Once they are cool, you can wrap them in saran wrap and take them on the go!

Check out more recipes here http://foodsofapril.com/?page_id=4445
    Accept challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory.
    -George S. Patton

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    She has a great website!! A lot of her foods are very creative - I got a lot of excellent ideas from there. This one was actually pretty darn good.
    ^_^

kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kpettitt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    April is awesome! I love all her foods.... I'm jealous that I'm not that creative! But lucky us- she posts it!!

btw- I'm SOOOOO trying those too!

ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks so much you guys!

susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) susy99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ajangel25 View Post
    Thanks so much you guys!
    April that's you? yay! didnt know you were part of this forum (duh!)
    -George S. Patton

ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow April! I JUST checked out your site and it is amazing!!!! It makes me feel so at home to know that there are people out there that eat like me! usually everyone just stares at my tuperwares and wonders what i'm all about haha and after I explain what my slush or muffing or pancake "thing" is made of people usually narrow their eyes and warily nod while keeping a "huuuuh" expression. So yay! this is wonderful and so many recipe ideas!! thank you so much for sharing, cant wait to try 'em all!!!! :-)

Question: I noticed you use a lot of cream or tartar, could you tell me how come? doesn't that add a salty taste if you're making somethin sweet? how do you add it to the whites, do you whisk it all together and cook?

Also, i was wondering how come you like to use agave? i was under the impression that news studies suggest its basically the same as sugar???

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ajangel25 View Post
    Thanks so much you guys!
    Oh it's YOU who makes them!? Hah!! Awesome
    ^_^

ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Anna1Banana View Post
    Wow April! I JUST checked out your site and it is amazing!!!! It makes me feel so at home to know that there are people out there that eat like me! usually everyone just stares at my tuperwares and wonders what i'm all about haha and after I explain what my slush or muffing or pancake "thing" is made of people usually narrow their eyes and warily nod while keeping a "huuuuh" expression. So yay! this is wonderful and so many recipe ideas!! thank you so much for sharing, cant wait to try 'em all!!!! :-)

Question: I noticed you use a lot of cream or tartar, could you tell me how come? doesn't that add a salty taste if you're making somethin sweet? how do you add it to the whites, do you whisk it all together and cook?

Also, i was wondering how come you like to use agave? i was under the impression that news studies suggest its basically the same as sugar???
    Thank you! The cream of tartar gives the egg whites a ton of volume and makes pancakes fluffy! No, you don't taste the saltiness. And I use my stick blender to blend it in the whites!

And I typically don't use agave but the company sent me some bottles to review so I used 1/4 tsp PWO..hardly enough to do any damage! LOL Feel free to email me if you have any more questions!

ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10) ananke is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks!! how great, you know I bought some cream of tartar to try it and will defo throw them in with egg whites. Oh how exciting I love the creativity! I've never microwaved whey before, does one type of whey (isolate/concentrate/blend) work better than others??

QUESTION: about the recipe posted above, i just did it but doubled the ingredients into one mug (mistake) and the thing started reaching towards the top of the microwave hardcore!! hahahahhaha what a sight! it was like a tower and it tasted... eggy... i gotta keep trying this :-) I love the concept though!

Originally Posted by Anna1Banana View Post
    QUESTION: about the recipe posted above, i just did it but doubled the ingredients into one mug (mistake) and the thing started reaching towards the top of the microwave hardcore!! hahahahhaha what a sight! it was like a tower and it tasted... eggy... i gotta keep trying this :-) I love the concept though!
    Hilarious, LOL!
    I did one serving, just now, for the first time - AMAZING!!
    Thanks April!
    -George S. Patton

Haha yep, it's me! Yeah, you have to watch it because it tends to puff up!!

akasha_black has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=susy99;488161621]WOWZA

I am going to try this

Ingredients:

* 15 grams of protein powder (half a scoop) (whey works best, but I use unflavored soy many times to save money-I buy it in bulk!)
    * 1/4 tsp baking powder

Directions:

1. In a microwavable cup, place the protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, and stevia. Mix well.

4. Use a knife to gently loosen it from the mug. Place the mug upside down on a plate and let the cake come out.

5. Cut in half and fill with desired toppings- peanut butter, yogurt, cream cheese, laughing cow, etc!

Awesome, i tried these, and they are damn good fair play! only question i have is, how does it add up to 18g protein? Im using my Body Fortress Whey, and half a scoop is just under 10g protein. With the egg white, thats only 12/13g protein? Am i missing something?

[QUOTE=akasha_black;489377601]
    Originally Posted by susy99 View Post
    WOWZA

I am going to try this

Ingredients:

* 1/4 tsp baking powder

Directions:

Awesome, i tried these, and they are damn good fair play! only question i have is, how does it add up to 18g protein? Im using my Body Fortress Whey, and half a scoop is just under 10g protein. With the egg white, thats only 12/13g protein? Am i missing something?
    It depends on the brand of protein you use- you'll have to adjust it

I did one today and added greek yogurt.. BAD IDEA!
    -George S. Patton

Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Reggie1642 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by susy99 View Post
    I did one today and added greek yogurt.. BAD IDEA!
    I just tried the recipe. Not bad! I added splenda to greek yogurt and spread it on the cake. THAT worked!
    Always demand more from yourself than anyone can ever expect of you.

www.KillerCircuits.com

Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    OMG! Just tried this - my first successful attempt at something chocolatey AND good! Mine came out kind of like a chocolate sponge cake. I used mashed banana in place of applesauce or pumpkin (out of convenience). YUM!
    Hard work = Hard body.

Violettraine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Yum

Just tried this and it turned out much better than most recipes ive tried for protein cake made a mix of 1Tbsp FF cream cheese, 1Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter & 1/2capfull of Divinci SF flavored syrup. Definitely will be experimenting with other ingredients.....Thanks April!
    oh & it was more moist in my microwave for 30-45sec instead of a min....
    Last edited by Violettraine; 05-18-2010 at 09:41 AM.

next time

Originally Posted by Glamorous View Post
    OMG! Just tried this - my first successful attempt at something chocolatey AND good! Mine came out kind of like a chocolate sponge cake. I used mashed banana in place of applesauce or pumpkin (out of convenience). YUM!
    I will be trying it with banana next ti
    me.....how much did u use?

Thanks Suzy :)

[quote=susy99;488161621]wowza

u always post such great recipes

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I realized I needed to toss in a few more grams of protein for the day, and was slightly bored with the idea of greek yogurt. I used it as an excuse to make this up as a protein dessert, and yum it was good! Thanks for the recipe, I also bookmarked the site with the rest of the recipes.

kaundra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaundra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaundra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaundra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaundra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaundra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaundra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaundra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kaundra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I changed the recipe a little. Instead of the applesauce and pumpkin (tried both) and used 1T. of plain low fat yogurt..replaced the baking powder with 1 glucomannan (for fiber and thickness)..and nuke for 49 seconds and let it sit..then put a teaspoon of p.b. I think the yogurt tends to make it a little more moist. If I drink a glass of water with it I stay full. I also add a pack of Truvia. The basic recipe is still good..thanks for posting it.