Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Need Help? Ask Here. Part II (Nutrition, Strength, Speed, Agility, Recruiting, etc.)

I've been out for awhile, but I decided to come back and start another thread like the one that was started over a year ago. The last one I started was closed due to a few stupid posters ruining the help thread.

I've been through a lot in my own training, and have spent countless hours dissecting my training through personal experimentation, and research. This is why everything I will post, can typically be backed up by research.

As far as my education. I will be graduating in December with a degree in exercise science. I will also be taking my CPT exam in April (have put it off for too long now). My CSCS will be completed through NSCA the summer after my internship/graduation. After graduation I have acquired the funds to set up my own garage gym in the Dallas,Tx area if plans go accordingly. The good thing about it, is I don't need the money from it. I make 10x what I would ever make owning a gym by sitting on my ass working online, and my girl makes very good money as well. So it will be a passion rather than a necessity for money.

I believe a lot of people on this board know about my training, and my journey. I will not post my stats due to the whole e-bragging persona everyone places on people with a bench over 200. However, I have made many increases and decreases in many categories of my own training through dedicated research, and experimentation. I have dropped a total of 185 pounds, decreased my 40 time by a full second (.2 within a week at the same weight of 220), increased my bench by 140 pounds (That's with the decrease of 185 pounds), and an 8 inch increase in vertical. I put a lot more emphasis in the increase, or decrease rather than the overall number.

I also get a lot of PM's asking me what I do, and it's mentioned a lot of times in my posts. So this questions doesn't pop up anymore like it did in the old thread, and so I don't receive anymore PM's, I will quickly answer that question. Due to injuries, and taking care of my girl I decided to hang up the cleats and move on. I was shafted really bad at my last school. It wasn't because of playing time, but that they failed to tell me I was ineligible due to some ridiculous rule before I got there (actually the day of a game). Seeing as I was using this school as a boost to my football career, and almost none of the classes there would transfer anywhere I decided to concentrate on school. As of right now, I have been taking a break from training and basically fixing my body. I have Stress fractures in both feet, I ruptured the patella tendon in my knee, and I've had lower back and neck problems as well. I haven't gone to the doctor for any of this, even though it has been severe problems for 4 years now. I've been rehabbing since Sept., and my training, and regime has really taken a hit. Right now, I am preparing for an Amateur BB show in June 2011, and also plan to compete in a raw powerlifting competition in the same year. It's a complete change to what I have done my whole life, especially bodybuilding.. Seeing as I always thought BB's were oiled up, metro, ***s.

As far as recruiting. I've done it twice now. Through HS, and as a JUCO transfer. I played only 2 games my junior season (severe concussion), and missed time my senior year (torn MCL). I was still able to receive interest from division 1 schools, and signed a full scholarship for football out of HS, and a scholarship as a JUCO transfer almost 4 years from even stepping on the field. Not because I stood out so much in person, but because I was able to demonstrate my contributions through 100's of videotapes, and recruiting tips that I received through HS, and JUCO. So anyone looking to be recruited in either situation will be able to receive advice. Also if you're just reading this, and not going to make a post. My one piece of advice is to never spend money on someone that is suppose to spread your name out. It's worthless, and a big waste of money. 9 times out of 10 all these guys do is create a cheap web page for you, and promote their whole site. Another thing, is that I have most coaching department's addresses, phone numbers, emails, etc. For smaller FBS schools I have a large number of head coaches personal email addresses, and I have a few of the top guys. For D2, and under I have most of the HC's email addresses. I'll do 5 at a time, but I will only send them to you in a PM.

I will not answer questions about injuries other than mild injury questions (i.e. mild pull before a combine), and I still highly suggest that you talk to your school trainer or doctor first. Trust me on this. Don't take injuries lightly. I had stress fractures in both feet during pre-season camp, and I just dealt with them until I woke up in extreme pain a few weeks ago because of my careless damage. If you take anything out of this thread it will be about taking care of your body. I know that at 15,16, etc. you seem invincible, but trust me I'm almost 23 years old, and I have trouble getting up out of a chair or turning my head due to nerve damage. I'll constantly preach recovery more than anything else.

Another thing I ask is that if you don't have much of a background or lack the education to fully understand these question please don't comment. There are a lot of guys like pitbull, qb, jhawk, scott D, etc. that have an extensive background, and knowledge of many of these topics. I started this thread the first time, because of the bad advice given, and the lack of knowledge floating around on many topics without the experts stepping in. Basically if you've never read a book, research paper, and have never trained an athlete. Please don't comment. Because then it turns into another jumpsoles are the greatest invention since the barbell. No offense, to anyone, but a lot of posts that get thrown around here have no scientific backing, or personal knowledge.

So with that **** out of the way, ask away....
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey I just came off of a sprained ankle and defiantly noticed I have gotten slower. (Not that I was fast to begin with)

I want to switch to the LB position but I need to get faster first. I'm doing Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 and defiantly seeing my lifts go up. Also, I just started squatting properly (full depth, hip drive, ect.)

I'm curious as to what I should be doing to increase my 40. I know this is a broad question but I've seen your progress and your speed and I defiantly know you know how to do that lol. I workout 3 days a week (Mon, Wed, Friday) and I was adding in some position conditioning and stuff.

Should I just worry about getting my lifts up at the moment? I want to break 4.99 at the least. I'm not sure exactly what my last 40 time was, but I think it was closer to 5 flat. I don't know what it could be anymore though.
    "Giving your best is more important than being the best."

I train as an athlete, not a bodybuilder.

REPS for SUBS.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125690683

Poster above me is a phag Dennis71's Avatar
    Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dennis71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what are some of the best drills to do to gain an explosive first step (for defensive end)
    Misc'in since '07

2x cancer survivor

BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Alright I have a few questions:

1. I am currently going to a D1 school that does not have a football program. I have been there for 4 semeters and I am thinking about transferring to a D2 school to walk on. How much eligablity time will I have left if I made the team.

2. What is the walk-on process like in general. And is it possible to make the team as a walk-on in the spring.

3. Lastly, what do coaches look for when the evaluate walk-on's. I ask this because I didn't play in high school and I wanna do whatever I can do to get ready.

Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fullback7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TheHitStick View Post
    Hey I just came off of a sprained ankle and defiantly noticed I have gotten slower. (Not that I was fast to begin with)

I want to switch to the LB position but I need to get faster first. I'm doing Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 and defiantly seeing my lifts go up. Also, I just started squatting properly (full depth, hip drive, ect.)

I'm curious as to what I should be doing to increase my 40. I know this is a broad question but I've seen your progress and your speed and I defiantly know you know how to do that lol. I workout 3 days a week (Mon, Wed, Friday) and I was adding in some position conditioning and stuff.

Should I just worry about getting my lifts up at the moment? I want to break 4.99 at the least. I'm not sure exactly what my last 40 time was, but I think it was closer to 5 flat. I don't know what it could be anymore though.
    First thing bro, is that unless you're competing for a combine then the 40 is basically a useless test.

I trained for the LB position this year as well. I will basically walk you through some of the things I did personally, as well as a few additions you may add as well.

We basically want to work inside a 5-15 yard radius when working on acceleration. Basically focusing on sprints of 10, and 15 yards. We are more focused on acceleration, than basic speed. So basically we want to focus 1-2 days of your training on this. A typically day will consist of around 150-200 yards of total volume. i.e. 8x10 yards, 5x15 yards. If you can have someone time you that would be ideal. They would need to watch for improvements (hopefully that would be documenting each run), and a decrease in times during a day of testing. If your time begins to decline, then it's best to lay back.

I think one of the most important aspects of training is response, and reaction. Basically you can be the fastest player in the world, but if you can't use that speed and agility to react at a given point then it's useless in the game of football. If you can find a partner to play an OL position, or another guy to maybe play RB then you can perform your agility maneuvers with the added addition of reaction and response speed. Along with this you may want to try to find every 7-on-7 pickup game that you can get, or any skelleton practice you can find or set up. Basically one that will work on your zone reads, and reactions. I personally don't like cone drills to an extent, because you know the patterns, and the cones aren't going anywhere. I have a theory of why there are so many black players, raised in poverty that are so good at sports. I believe these kids are so well trained, because of the countless hours they spend in pick-up games, backyard football, etc. However, I do like to work on priming footwork. Mostly through agility ladders during warm-ups, lateral cone drills, and some bag work. However, this isn't a bulk of the training. You should focus your training around 2-3 days of this training, depending on how many speed days.

The next most important thing is flexibility. I literally dropped my 40 time within .3, because I was so inflexible. Every night before bed, or training you should perform a static stretching session. You should be stretching hip flexors, hamstrings, quads, calfs, and if you have a foam roller add that in as well. That's why I can almost guarantee a person who is preparing for a combine can drop .2-.3 seconds off simply by stretching, and technique. Now, when you stretch you should hold each stretch for at least 30 seconds at a time. Do this every day, and if you want to test your 40 after wards I can guarantee it will drop significantly simply because you are more flexible.

There are other things such as plyo's, but I just want to hit you up with a few basics. Come back on here in a month or so, and if nothing has improved then we will break everything down in more details.

I've never personally tried the 5/3/1 method of Jim Wendler's, but I've read the book along with many of his others. There has been a lot of praise from it, so I'm confident you have a good routine there.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

Originally Posted by Dennis71 View Post
    what are some of the best drills to do to gain an explosive first step (for defensive end)
    A large portion of it is response and reaction (see the post above)

Another portion of it is stance. Too many people think lightly of this, but a perfected stance can carry over a long way. Too many guys get too comfortable.

Basically acceleration drills from within 5-10 yards. Take 2 days of acceleration work (again, see post below), with you performing the sprints from stance, and not standing up.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

Originally Posted by BeastAndPower View Post
    Alright I have a few questions:

1. I am currently going to a D1 school that does not have a football program. I have been there for 4 semeters and I am thinking about transferring to a D2 school to walk on. How much eligablity time will I have left if I made the team.

2. What is the walk-on process like in general. And is it possible to make the team as a walk-on in the spring.

3. Lastly, what do coaches look for when the evaluate walk-on's. I ask this because I didn't play in high school and I wanna do whatever I can do to get ready.
    At the D2 level you would have 10 total semesters "as" a full-time student. At the D1 level, once the first day of class starts and you have 12 hours then you lose that semester. So to answer your question you would have a total of 6 semester, or 3 years left.

If I was going to walk-on then the spring would be the best time. With D2 programs it highly varies. Some schools will allow any player to walk-on, and they will be on the practice squad or maybe even be able to dress for home games. However, they won't be on the road squad if they don't make it. The tryout vary as well. I went to a fairly large D2 my freshman year, and there wasn't really a walk-on tryout. I've tried out for other programs, and it usually consists of a combine type of tryout (225 reps, 40, shuttle, VJ, etc.). Now, there are also some walk-on tryouts where the coaches are smart, and actually test your football skills. So I would be prepared for both the combine type of tryout, and the football skills portion as well.

It really varies. Like I said some coaches will put a huge emphasis in 225 reps, and a 40 time for what ever reason that is. Then others will put a large emphasis on how you perform on the first day of spring practice. If you run a 9.0 40, and get 1 rep they will easily forget that after they see you light someone up the first day of camp. Some coaches will put a big emphasis on those combine stats at first, but they disappear quickly.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From your personal experience how has strength helped with your speed, explosiveness, vertical? I remember you putting up hella weight so as you got stonger did everything get better? Did you reach a point where you got strong enough that getting stronger wasn't helping very much? If so at what point was it? Personally i know i need to get my legs stronger. Squat 325 atg. I was thinking of running a smolov cycle just to add some strength pretty quick then work on transferring that into more power with some plyo's and dynamic movements while maintaining or possibly increase my strength a little and doing some unilateral work to even everything out. I was thinking of doing this twice this year and see where im at then. What do you think about about that plan?

Originally Posted by datk_22 View Post
    From your personal experience how has strength helped with your speed, explosiveness, vertical? I remember you putting up hella weight so as you got stonger did everything get better? Did you reach a point where you got strong enough that getting stronger wasn't helping very much? If so at what point was it? Personally i know i need to get my legs stronger. Squat 325 atg. I was thinking of running a smolov cycle just to add some strength pretty quick then work on transferring that into more power with some plyo's and dynamic movements while maintaining or possibly increase my strength a little and doing some unilateral work to even everything out. I was thinking of doing this twice this year and see where im at then. What do you think about about that plan?
    Most of my experience was through maintaining strength at certain levels. I went from close to 390 down to around 215 for my combine. I had excellent ratios for my body weight so it tremendously helped with speed, vert, etc. I basically only lost about 20 pounds from my peak squat, and 10 from my bench while dropping 170+ pounds before the combine. Which is hard for a lot of people to fathom considering it was completely natural with no AAS, PH's, etc. I was able to lock in on my training, and study my ass off on what I needed to do for my body.

Around Feb. I believe I found out I was going to play LB, and not RB so here I was at 220ish, and looking to get up to the 250's. I was able to maintain most of my speed, and explosiveness by increasing my strength so much. I put up almost 100 pounds on my two main lifts. So it helped me to keep that speed from my low 200's.

I was never very strong in HS, or my freshman year. I was rather weak for my size. I put up a mid 400 squat, and I believe my best press was around the mid 200's. When I stepped on the field with almost 200+ pounds more on each lift after 4 years I could dramatically tell the difference. I was very dominate on the field, and I was able to overpower 300lb.+ lineman with ease. Something I would have never been able to do out of HS.

Personally I don't like Smolov. There are just too many faults in there for an athlete. I know some really like it, and other will say how difficult it is. I'm all for trying things though. I personally have never done it, but I have also tried hundreds of things, and I can always take something out of it.

But, put down on paper exactly what you're trying to do so I can dissect it a little better. It's a little general to ask about plyo's, dynamic movements, etc. Especially without having a clue on your background, goals, etc. I hope you understand that, bro. If you can just put down on paper, a timeline, and a training regime of what you're looking for it will be easier to answer your last question in more detail.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) datk_22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Appreciate the response with alot of detail. Ok here's my story/plan.. I'm 20 about to be 21, graduated in 07. Been going part time to a cc and basically i miss playing football. I was a decent overall athlete, not close to being anything special. I played 2 years of high school football. I was all county and conference as a wr. I worked out 1 year in high school my junior year. I graduated at about 160 pounds and weak. I ran a hand timed 4.6. I was only a prefered walk on at North Alabama. I am going to walk on in 2011. Where, im not sure. I'm not interested in making a big time school to just be a practice dummy. I want to play somewhere and i don't mind a challenge. I'm skinny-fat right now carrying some extra weight around my mid section and im not very flexible so i know i will be better overall when i work on that. My squat is around 325 and bench 265. I want to be one of them guys who over achieve given their natural ability. And i figured one of the best and fastest way of doing that is getting my legs stronger, thats where the thought of smolov came in.

Appreciate the response with alot of detail. Ok here's my story/plan.. I'm 20 about to be 21, graduated in 07. Been going part time to a cc and basically i miss playing football. I was a decent overall athlete, not close to being anything special. I played 2 years of high school football. I was all county and conference as a wr. I worked out 1 year in high school my junior year. I graduated at about 160 pounds and weak. I ran a hand timed 4.6. I was only a prefered walk on at North Alabama. I am going to walk on in 2011. Where, im not sure. I'm not interested in making a big time school to just be a practice dummy. I want to play somewhere and i don't mind a challenge. I'm skinny-fat right now carrying some extra weight around my mid section and im not very flexible so i know i will be better overall when i work on that. My squat is around 325 and bench 265. I want to be one of them guys who over achieve given their natural ability. And i figured one of the best and fastest way of doing that is getting my legs stronger, thats where the thought of smolov came in.
    I'm going to PM you a little later. I have a few questions I want to ask you so I can help you out, and so we can put something down on paper for you.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

MachMe4.6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MachMe4.6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MachMe4.6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MachMe4.6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MachMe4.6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MachMe4.6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MachMe4.6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MachMe4.6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MachMe4.6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MachMe4.6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MachMe4.6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yo bro, good to see you back! Just stopping in to say whats up!
    1k+
    + 92B +
    GT= Dtoxx302

Originally Posted by Fullback7 View Post
    I'm going to PM you a little later. I have a few questions I want to ask you so I can help you out, and so we can put something down on paper for you.
    Thats cool

TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000)
    That was alot of help, repped when I can. Yeah, lately I've been trying to get one of my friends play football (we just do kick off/kick return alternation) but he hasn't been willing to.

Alright I'll add in alot of those short distance sprints. That's where I'm lacking in right now is my explosion I think. My acceleration is pretty good but just my explosion sucked. At least it used to, defiantly working on that. Alright next week I'll add in a few days for short distance sprinting then try to get some games going with my friend. Also going to throw in the cone drills, ect.

Any fundamentals I should learn for linebacker beforehand? Not really speed training since you covered that but something that'd help me get a starting spot. Or something that would get me a jump start before August camp?

Your help is really appreciated, I've been searching for awhile for info like this. Thanks again.

Also, when doing the speed drills, should I start in a sprinting position or the linebacker stance? When I was running I was doing the linebacker stance since I won't be able to get that extra start like I would in a sprinter's stance in a real game situation.
    "Giving your best is more important than being the best."

I train as an athlete, not a bodybuilder.

REPS for SUBS.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125690683

HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have 2 questions.

What would you reccomend in season? (For track and football, track is starting soon)

I was thinking of doing either Wendler's 5/3/1 or WS4SB, which do you think will be best?

Thank you

daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50) daveshit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi, there!

Just want your opinion on my long term schedule.

Current stats: SQ 85X5 DL 120X5 BP 65X5 MP 40X5 in kilos, height 180 cm, weight 77 kilos.
    Sport: basketball.
    Just want to get stronger with no added mass, I know it will come, but not working on that.
    Right know coming back after two arthroscopies on both knees so started lightly.

Already few weeks on starting strength, when I stall I'm thinking of switching to madcow, then the last on wendlers 5/3/1, all with some plyo and agility once a week.

What do you think, any better order or program for strength gain? Hope to get my squat up to 140 in a year, and deadlift to 180. Thanks a lot on your time.

BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeastAndPower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey FullBack7, I have been checking out the benefits of Olympic Lifting for Athletes and how it really is benefitical. I have a few questions about this topic.

1. I have never done Olympic lifts before, how can I go about learning them.

2. I notice that Joe. D does not use Olympic lifts so how could I added them to the WS4SB3

3. Which lifts should I appoach first.

LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftHeavy85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    how much time should be spent on conditioning and position drills on a given day? I'm looking to start adding some to my current workouts for the added agility and speed for when spring rec ball rolls around.

PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000) PCFootball24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey, I'm a middle school linebacker and tight end, and I'll be a freshman next year. I'm currently in my offseason right now and wanna gain strength and a little size for next football season. Would this be a good routine?

Monday- Bench (Chest/Biceps)
    Bench 5x5
    Incline DB Press 3x6 (Heavy)
    DB Flye 3x8 (Moderate)
    Chin Ups 5x5
    BB Curl 3x6 (Heavy)

Tuesday- Squat (Legs/Neck)
    Squat 5x5
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts 4x6 (Heavy)
    Leg Press 3x8 (Moderate)
    DB Calf Raises 3x12 (Moderate)
    Lying Face Up Neck Raise 4x8 (Moderate)
    Lying Face Down Neck Raise 4x8 (Moderate)

Wednesday- Position drills (route running, exploding from stance, reading pass or run)

Thursday- (Shoulders/Triceps)
    Lateral Raises 3x8 (Moderate)
    Front Raises 3x8 (Moderate)
    Face Pulls 3x8 (Moderate)
    Skull Crushers 3x6 (Heavy)
    Tricep Kickback 3x8 (Moderate)
    Tricep Pushdown 4x6 (Heavy)

Friday- Deadlift (Back/Neck)
    Deadlift 5x5
    Rack Pulls 3x5 (Heavy)
    T-Bar Rows 4x8 (Moderate)
    BB Shrugs 3x6 (Heavy)
    Pull Ups 5x5
    Lying Face Up Neck Raise 4x8 (Moderate)
    Lying Face Down Neck Raise 4x8 (Moderate)

Saturday- Speed training

Sunday- Rest
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    Oderint dum metuant

Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Coty08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am going into my senior year next year. I am bulking right now to get around 225 and then cutting any advice on lowering bf% and all that good stuff. Also I am trying to get a scholarship to a 1AA school or something of that nature. Do you have any advice for how to make yourself more appealing to a college recruiter.
    Goals:
    40YD: 4.6 (electric)
    Vertical: 35
    Bf%: 7-11
    Weight: 230
    Height: 6'1 1/2
    Deadlift: 500
    Three Board Bench: 330
    10 Inch Box Squat: 435

DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DocHollidy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Coty08 View Post
    I am going into my senior year next year. I am bulking right now to get around 225 and then cutting any advice on lowering bf% and all that good stuff. Also I am trying to get a scholarship to a 1AA school or something of that nature. Do you have any advice for how to make yourself more appealing to a college recruiter.
    not trying to hijack but dont worry about bodyfat worry about performance, be as big as you can while still being in shape and fast looking at your sig you would have to get up to like 260-270 and have the new weight be mostly muscle to then cut down and get to the bodyfat at the weight your trying to get to, if bodyfat isnt hindering performance dont cut, if your unathletic as all heck than yes cut some fat
    CON-CRET LOG-http:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=636607883

Football Log-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130506763

Phil 4:13

Isaiah 51:12

dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500) dolphinsfan270 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I am currently training a freshman in high school that weighs 200 lbs at 5 foot 11. I thought he was kinda athletic till his first day in the gym when he could barely do 2 pushups and not one chinup and a 5 inch vert. jump. I am currently having him do Built Like a Badass by DeFranco. Is that the right approach to it or should I try some other program? Also, he is a lineman so he needs to gain another 15 lbs before the season to keep up with the size, while getting more athletic. Should I have him condition after every workout?

BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigRed1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what stretching routine would you recommenced?

Thats cool
    Sorry for the delay, I'll hit you up later tonight.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

Originally Posted by TheHitStick View Post
    That was alot of help, repped when I can. Yeah, lately I've been trying to get one of my friends play football (we just do kick off/kick return alternation) but he hasn't been willing to.

Alright I'll add in alot of those short distance sprints. That's where I'm lacking in right now is my explosion I think. My acceleration is pretty good but just my explosion sucked. At least it used to, defiantly working on that. Alright next week I'll add in a few days for short distance sprinting then try to get some games going with my friend. Also going to throw in the cone drills, ect.

Any fundamentals I should learn for linebacker beforehand? Not really speed training since you covered that but something that'd help me get a starting spot. Or something that would get me a jump start before August camp?

Your help is really appreciated, I've been searching for awhile for info like this. Thanks again.

Also, when doing the speed drills, should I start in a sprinting position or the linebacker stance? When I was running I was doing the linebacker stance since I won't be able to get that extra start like I would in a sprinter's stance in a real game situation.
    Like I said reaction is one of the most important things to concentrate on. Response and reaction. That is the main thing you need to work on.

Use a standing start.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

Yo sorry to keep busting in with questions but i have another one.
    Lately i have been stick (in terms of gaining stength). I have a few beliefs to why tho.

1. While I was gaining stength I was eating a lot of food with a good amount of protein, but than I started gaining some fat. So I have backed off a bit because I am scared of gaining to much fat.

2. Not enough sleep.

3. Stop taking NO XPLODE

4. Maybe not rotating exerises enough on WS4SB3.

Tell me want u thinks about each of them and is their anything else that I need to start doing.

jh117693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jh117693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jh117693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jh117693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jh117693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jh117693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jh117693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jh117693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jh117693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Fullback good to see you back. Couple questions:

-Do you have a good video, or a post somewhere or something to this factor of the best power clean form? I feel my form isn't really right, and I may be hurting myself by not having as correct of form as I can.

-Second....what type of plyos/stretching routine would you recommend to a 6' 250lb lineman to become more flexible/work on fast twitch muscle fibers to become faster and more explosive?

Thanks man.

moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) moose45 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey man I have a question about recruiting...in fact I have no idea about recruiting at all. I don't even know where to start. I am a junior in highschool and I play 9-man football. One D2 school is interested in me and so is one D3 school so far. My goal is to go and play for UMD, but I would be ok with any D2 school...or higher of course. So...where do I start? Sorry if this is a broad question!
    M.S. Exercise Physiology - Powerlifter - Strength and Conditioning Coach - Personal Trainer
    Current goals: Bench 400, Squat 545, Deadlift 550

Originally Posted by HardHitter22 View Post
    I have 2 questions.

What would you reccomend in season? (For track and football, track is starting soon)

I was thinking of doing either Wendler's 5/3/1 or WS4SB, which do you think will be best?

Thank you
    I personally like WS4SB in-season, plus Joe D. set up an in-season training schedule for WS4SB in his article.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com

Originally Posted by dave**** View Post
    Hi, there!

Just want your opinion on my long term schedule.

Current stats: SQ 85X5 DL 120X5 BP 65X5 MP 40X5 in kilos, height 180 cm, weight 77 kilos.
    Sport: basketball.
    Just want to get stronger with no added mass, I know it will come, but not working on that.
    Right know coming back after two arthroscopies on both knees so started lightly.

Already few weeks on starting strength, when I stall I'm thinking of switching to madcow, then the last on wendlers 5/3/1, all with some plyo and agility once a week.

What do you think, any better order or program for strength gain? Hope to get my squat up to 140 in a year, and deadlift to 180. Thanks a lot on your time.
    Are you meeting with anyone for rehabilitation, and what has your Ortho said about training? Like I said at the top bro, questions like this are better suited for someone who specializes in this dept.
    CPT-ISSA
    Trainedbykevin.com